Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$724.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Capture high-resolution images in 2D and 3D
- Record HD 3D movies (720p resolution); dual 10-megapixel CCD and lens system
- 3.5-inch widescreen autostereoscopic LCD displays images and movies in 3D instantly, with no glasses required
- mini-HDMI output jack offers easy connection to a compatible 3D HDTV; view images and movies instantly in 3D
- Capture images and movies to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||2 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1,150,000|
|Display Size||3.5 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||10 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||1,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||100|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC, Internal|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Description||3D (Center), 2D (Center, Multi)|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto (400), Auto (800), Auto (1600), 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.6 x 1.1 x 4.9 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1.35 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.51 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||3.4 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.3 grams|
|Macro Focus Range||8 cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 YR Parts & Labor|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.7 - F4.2|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/1000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||3,648|
|Memory Storage Capacity||34 MB|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||35 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||1 second|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||10 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Processor Description||3D RP(Real Photo) HD|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-ion NP-50 rechargeable battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (24 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
Compare to similar items
This item Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||BYDEALS||New Heights Product (NO TAX anywhere)||Amazon.com||6ave|
|Screen Size||3.5 in||2.7 in||0 in||8.89 cm|
|Item Dimensions||1.1 x 4.9 x 2.6 in||4.9 x 2.8 x 2.8 in||1.73 x 5.1 x 0.9 in||0.71 x 3.86 x 2.36 in|
|Item Weight||0.51 lb||0.6 lb||4.8 ounces||5.28 ounces|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||10 megapixels||5 megapixels||12 megapixels||12.2 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (24 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)||1080p||1920 x 1080 pixels, 1280 x 720,1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 (50 fps), 1440 x 1080 (50, 25fps), 1280 x 720 (25 fps), 640 x 480 (25 fps)|
The 10.0 megapixel ccd; 720p 3d high-definition video; 3x zoom lens; 3.5" wide lcd screen; 2d & 3d high-definition shooting modes.
From the Manufacturer
Capture 3D HD movies and still photos. Shoot high-resolution 3D photos and movies effortlessly with 3D Auto. The FinePix REAL 3D W3 digital camera comes complete with two 10-megapixel sensors and two Fujinon 3x optical zoom lenses. This set-up allows you to capture high-definition, high-resolution images and movies in 3D effortlessly, just by selecting 3D Auto. What's more, your memories will be captured with stereo audio sound in movie mode.
Two sets of lens that work in the same way as human eyes. Our ability to perceive depth comes from viewing an object along two different lines of sight. This phenomenon is called parallax. The FinePix REAL 3D W3 is fitted with two lenses to capture realistic images that are unchanged from how human eyes see them. Both optical 3x zoom lenses capture subjects beautifully, even from a distance. The camera's newly developed stainless steel frame maintains the optical axis with high precision.
All these features are combined in a light, compact, stylish body. With its two 10 megapixel sensors, the FinePix REAL 3D W3 captures even the finest of details. The synchronized control of the two sensors and lenses prevents any inaccuracy between the two images and produces a perfectly matched pair of images which, when combined, produce a single image with a very natural sense of depth. Image data captured by the twin lens-CCD system is processed by the newly developed RP (REAL PHOTO) Processor 3D HD. The technology merges the left and right images into a single image. This processor is also the power behind 3D Auto--the function that lets even first-time users take stunning HD-quality images effortlessly. And not only can it shoot in spectacular 3D, but you can also switch to standard 2D mode and use it as a normal camera. There are even special features that allow you to use the fact that the camera has two lenses and two sensors and take two different photos at once. Super Intelligent Flash and Scene Position are featured to automatically make the optical settings to match your scene.
Plus, you can see your 3D movies and photos with the naked eye. The large 3.5-inch LCD screen displays high-resolution, high-contrast 3D images and movies without the need for glasses. See it in all its glory with your own eyes. High Luminosity Mode displays images 1.5x brighter and reproduces color 1.8 x deeper, allowing you to enjoy clear, distinct and vivid images. Simply connect your W3 camera to a 3DTV using a HDMI cable and sit back and enjoy all your photos and home movies in amazing high definition 3D. Try out Fujifilm's 3D printing system which prints 3D images directly on to special lenticular sheets. The result is photos with spectacular depth, and memories preserved in beautiful 3D.
FinePix REAL 3D Technology pioneers a new dimension in imaging
Our ability to perceive depth comes from viewing an object along two different lines of sight. This phenomenon is called parallax. The FinePix REAL 3D W3 is fitted with dual lenses to capture realistic images that are unchanged from how human eyes see them. Both optical 3x zoom lenses capture subjects beautifully, even from a distance. The camera's newly developed stainless steel frame maintains the optical axis with high precision. All these features are combined in a light, compact, stylish body.
3D CCD System - Natural Sense of Depth with Synchronized Control of Two CCDs
With its two 10 megapixel sensors, the FinePix Real 3D W3 captures even the finest of details. The synchronized control of the two sensors and lenses prevents any inaccuracy between the two images and produces a perfectly matched pair of images which, when combined, produce a single image with a very natural sense of depth.
RP (REAL PHOTO) Processor - New REAL PHOTO Processor 3DHD
Image data captured by the dual lens-CCD system is processed by the newly developed RP (REAL PHOTO) processor 3DHD. The technology merges the left and right images into a single image. This processor is also the power behind 3D Auto - the function that lets even first-time users take stunning HD-quality images effortlessly.
Advanced 2D Mode
With two lenses and two sensors, the W3 camera is effectively two cameras in one. These advanced 2D modes allow you to benefit from the two cameras independently with Dual Shooting modes taking two shots at the same time and capturing the same scene in different colors, at different zoom lengths and at different sensitivities.
Tele/Wide Simultaneous Shooting
Zoom in on your subject and also take a wide-angle shot of the same scene at the same time. The twin-lens system lets you freely set the zoom magnification for one lens while the other is set to wide angle, letting you capture the exact same instant with totally different angles of view.
2-Color Simultaneous Shooting
Change the settings and with one press of the shutter, you can take two photos of the same scene with a different color tonality. Set one lens system to Standard and the other to the vivid colors of Chrome. You can also capture the scene in both Standard and vintage Black & White or shoot simultaneously with Chrome and Black & White. Fujifilm doubles your enjoyment of every moment.
2-Sensitivity Simultaneous Shooting
Take two photos of the same instant - one at high sensitivity and one at low sensitivity. For example, you can take panned shots of a moving subject at the exact same instant with different degrees of background motion blur. In dark scenes, you can prioritize blur reduction for one shot, and image quality for the other. For times when you are not sure which sensitivity setting is best, you can shoot the moment at two settings and later pick the image to keep during playback.
Intuitive Interface & Operation
Introducing easy to navigate interface and smooth operation for a better 3D / 2D shooting experience.
Design & Interface
One-hand grip slim design; featuring grip parts, this body delivers you the utmost grip comfort when shooting and opening the barrier with one hand.
With a sliding barrier protecting the lenses, the camera is designed for ease of operation.
One-touch 3D/2D Switch
Control button for one-touch switching between 3D and 2D shooting and playback
Smooth mode dial control can easily be done when choosing for the right shooting mode.
Designed with the smart look, this compact slim body allows mobility and convenience.
Featuring an innovative 3D viewing LCD monitor, you can playback the results both in 3D and 2D right on the spot.
Micro Thumbnail View
Up to 100 pictures can be viewed at a time in a 10x10 array of micro thumbnails. Convenient for smooth and comfortable playback.
Bring your photos to life! Close-ups of detected faces are shown in slideshow style.
3D File Format
For 3D image recording, the FinePix REAL 3D system adopts the MP format for stills and 3D-AVI format for movies. MP format is the "multi-picture format" standardized by CIPA. FinePix REAL 3D W3 can also simultaneously record still images in both MP format (3D) and JPEG (2D). 3D-AVI adopts the widely used AVI multimedia container format. Adoption of these formats enables 2D playback of recorded images on the user's current personal computer.
SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
The versatile card slot is compatible with SD and high-capacity Secure Digital (SDHC) memory cards.
Expanded World of "View 3D"
3D excitement begins the moment you see the stunning form and builds as you experience the innovative interface.
3.5-inch Widescreen 3D LCD Monitor
See your 3D movies and photos with the naked eye The large 3.5-inch LCD screen displays high-resolution, high-contrast 3D images and movies without the need for glasses. See it in all its glory with your own eyes!
Lenticular Lens System
Fujifilm's unique 3D monitor enables you to enjoy 3D images just with your naked eyes. The Finepix REAL 3D W3 uses an array of microscopic concave lenses to produce binocular disparity. This technology prevents on-screen flickering and crosstalk.
Images come to life on the bright LCD display
High Luminosity Mode displays images 1.5x* brighter and reproduces color 1.8x* deeper allowing you to enjoy clear, distinct and vivid images.
* Compared to previous models.
High-resolution 1.15 million dot LCD
3D images are shown on a high resolution 1.15 million dot LCD. The LCD ensures perfect portrayal of fine detail and color.
Crisp 3D Shots with Low Crosstalk
Enjoy natural, effective 3D images with reduced "crosstalk" (or double exposure) which is typically present in 3D images.
Simply connect with HDMI cable to enjoy HDTV-quality images
Simply connect your W3 camera to a 3DTV using a HDMI cable* and sit back and enjoy all your photos and home movies in amazing high definition 3D!
* Commercially available HDMI cable (high speed type) required.
High Resolution 3D Print System
Try out Fujifilm's 3D printing system which prints 3D images directly on to special lenticular sheets. The result is photos with spectacular depth, and memories preserved in beautiful 3D.
Edit your 3D Images on MyFinePix Studio
Edit your 3D images using the MyFinePix Studio software* included. You can separate 3D photos in to left/right still images and re-combine them. You can also trim and combine your 3D movies quickly and easily.
* Please ensure you have completed automatic update of the latest version (ver.2.0 or higher).
Shoot 2D/3D Hybrid
The FinePix REAL 3D W3 comes loaded with a variety of functions for both 3D and 2D.
Switch 3D/2D Button
You can still capture normal photos in 2D with this camera. Just press the 2D-3D button to toggle between the two settings. 2D/3D button can also be used in "Playback" mode.
Manual Shooting Functions
Choose "M" (Manual) Mode for the freedom to set shutter speed and aperture. Get instant control of depth of field in "A" (Aperture Priority) Mode. With the built-in "P" (Program) Mode, the camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value. Take the shot you want, whether it is in 2D or 3D.
Super Intelligent Flash
This advanced flash system automatically adjusts flash output and timing to capture subjects and background in bright natural detail over the full flash range. No more flash washout even when taking ultra close-up shots.
* Macro can be set at 38cm in 3D mode and 8cm in 2D mode.
3D/2D Continuous Shooting
Never miss the moment capturing the scene in continual frames.
- 3D: 2 frames / sec. max 40 frames (size S)
- 2D: 1 frame/ sec. max 40 frames (size L), 3 frames / sec. max 40 frames (size S)
Easy-to-select Mode Dial and Scene Position. Just select the Scene Position (SP) that matches the subject and situation. The camera automatically optimizes every setting from shutter speed and white balance to sensitivity and even selects whether or not the flash is required. Moments are captured with the best possible results for both 2D and 3D photos.
Mode Dial Settings
- AUTO: The easiest mode for taking pictures. Use this mode for ordinary photography. Scene Position: Choose a SP scene suited to the subject or shooting conditions and the camera will do the rest.
- Manual: Provides detailed settings that are impossible to set in Auto mode.
- Aperture Priority Auto: An automatic mode to set the aperture.
- Program Auto: An automatic mode to specify the settings except for the shutter speed and aperture setting.
- Adv. 2D: Simultaneously captures one set of the following 3 shooting types: Wide angle / zoom, standard / black & white, or high sensitivity / low sensitivity photos.
- Adv. 3D Shooting: Automatically takes successive shots with a press of a single shutter.
- Natural Light & with Flash: Shoots 2 images continuously, without flash and with flash. Comes in great handy during marginal shooting situations.
- Natural Light: Produces beautiful images that retain the natural ambience when shots are taken in low-light conditions.
- Portrait: Set for shooting portraits. Skin tones are softened as it enhances the overall natural look.
- Landscape: Best for shooting scenery in daylight capturing clear and sharp shots of buildings and mountains effectively.
- Sport: A quick recognition of persons in motion or objects for a faster shutter speed to help you catch the perfect moment.
- Night: Mode for shooting evening and night scenes. A picture is taken with a slow shutter.
- Night (Tripod): Clear shots of twilight scenes using tripod.
- Sunset: Capture sunset scenes vivid in color.
- Snow: Most adaptable to snow scenes without unnatural darkened images or where the whole screen appears white.
- Beach: Clear shots of people without darkened images under strong sunlight.
- Underwater: Best for shooting underwater capturing clear images of the ocean blue.
- Party: Best for shooting indoor weddings or parties. Retains the natural ambience in low-light conditions.
- Anti Blur: Gives blur free results by preventing camera shake on moving subjects.
What's in the Box
- W3 3D digital camera
- Battery (NP-50)
- Battery charger (BC-45W)
- Hand strap
- USB cable
- Owner's manual
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
So while I think of 3d as a gimmicky trend that has been revived by the Avatar movie, I'm also a creative photographer that was very intrigued when I heard about this camera. I bought the camera sight-unseen, basically thinking it was going to be a gimmick. However after seeing the pictures it produces I honestly, truly believe it is not a gimmick and 3d photography is going to be here to stay. It may take a while to catch on, but it's here to stay.
Once you experiment with the camera a bit you'll learn how to get the most of the 3d effect. Taking photos of things that are further away (such as landscapes, distant architecture/buildings where it's difficult to get a sense of depth), the effect is more subtle and less apparent. But taking photos of things that are reasonably close to you, and there are points of interest at different distances throughout the shot (such as a forest with trees at staggered distances away), the 3d effect is much more apparent and can be quite stunning. Either way, with a subtle 3d effect for things further away, or for a much more apparent 3d effect on things that are closer, it truly does add another dimension to your photography. You see things in the photos almost the way you do in real life.
Like all things this is just another creative tool to add to the toolkit. There are lenses for certain jobs, and there are cameras for certain jobs. The images this camera produces really have to be seen to be believed. I, as well as several others I have shown the images to, am really shocked at how well the 3d looks and am still trying to wrap my head around it and when I might want to use this new tool.
Here are my pros and cons:
- Reasonably compact for what it is. It's more compact than I expected. Have to keep in mind it is basically 2 cameras in 1. Most of the cameras I use (SLR's) are not nearly as compact as this so this really feels like a treat to carry around.
- Battery life in my experience has been excellent. I've seen other reviews say the battery life isn't good. I've found that not to be the case. I didn't even fully charge the battery it came with and it's lasted for hours of me messing around and testing the camera out.
- The 3d effect, when used appropriately, is really stunning.
- Camera boots up reasonably quick for a compact.
- Can easily switch between 2d/3d modes, can view 3d photos in 2d, etc.
- Can do some creative 2d photography -- having both lenses using different settings for 1 shot.
- You have to hold the camera in a somewhat unnatural way in order to keep fingers from getting into the shots. The lenses are both on the outer sides of the front of the camera. This is a trade-off that I completely understand as they have to have the lenses apart to get the 3d effect but also wanted to keep the camera compact.
- I've had poor results when using the Macro (close-up) functionality.
- Not a fault of the camera, but until 3d is widely adopted it will be difficult to share these photos with anyone the way they're meant to be seen.
- Prints are on the expensive side at $6.99 for a 5x7 print
- Prints are only available in 5x7. I really wish there was a larger variety of sizes available. I don't expect to get gallery-sized prints, but a little bigger than 5x7 would be nice.
So is the camera perfect? No. It's obviously a new technology and is only going to continue to get better. But for where it's at right now I am really thrilled with the camera overall and that's why I gave it 5 stars. This camera really does add a new dimension to photography that has sparked a creative bug inside of me that I haven't felt in a long time.
* UPDATE 10/4/2010 - I've got a couple observations after having spent a few weeks with the camera, taken some video, AND I just got my first order of prints.
Picture quality - I, like many other reviewers, have been "wowed" by the way the 3d pictures look on the camera's built in screen. I will agree with that 100%, however, being critical about the picture quality after reviewing it on a PC, it's really not that great. Don't get me wrong, the 3d effect is absolutely fabulous, but don't be fooled by the results you see on the camera's tiny display -- this is essentially 2 mediocre cameras stuffed in to 1 body. I can't say enough how cool the 3d effect is but the images on their own are on-par with about any other cheap point & shoot digital.
Video - very impressive. I took some video from the top of a waterfall (looking down). Stunning.
Prints - This is one area where I think a lot of other reviewers have not yet covered. I ordered 3 prints. They only come in 5x7 size. I tried to order somewhat of a variety of types of shots, just to get an idea of how they look on paper. I had no idea what to expect. Let me start by saying the prints come on a really thick paper, and it has those ridges on it -- you know, kinda like those scratchy 3d things where you can turn them to see 2 different images. Not QUITE the same, but pretty similar. Just due to the nature of the paper it is printed on a lot of the detail can be lost. So that said, I got 3 prints. Portrait - decent. Close-up shot - not good. Nature shot - awesome. The nature shot I took was from a bridge overlooking a river, with trees and such overhanging the edge of the river. The 3d effect was quite pleasing and I am excited about ordering more prints for this type of shot. Now my sample is only 3 prints, but perhaps this advice will serve someone else well. The 3d effect on the camera doesn't quite turn out the same way on a print for all types of shots.
This is a good addition to anyone who has a 3D HDTV or 3D projector, considering there is very little to watch in 3D at the moment. The Footage looks very good on the big screen. I am watching it on a 100" projection Screen with Nvidia 3D vision Glasses and the effect is amazing. The Best 3D I have ever seen on the consumer market.
The price tag is a little high, it still makes great sense for anyone that has invested in a 3D TV and shutter glasses. 3D and 2D may also be displayed on a TV using the built in HDMI port on the Camera (adapter required)
Fuji also offers an expensive 3D printing service that will print 3D photos for about $7 per 5x7 print.
Videos are recorded in resolution up to 720P in 3D or 2D. They look sharp and clear. They may be converted to work with Youtube 3D very easily using the FinePix Studio software that comes with the camera. Youtube 3D let's people watch your videos in various 3D formats, with or without glasses.
I am overall very pleased with the W3
1. Battery life is ~1 hour - Buy a couple spare batteries - they are as low as $4.00 on Amazon
2. 3D Shooting distance should be no less than 4 feet in auto mode, anything that comes in closer than 4 feet should be small and centered, it may even pop out of the screen!
3. Buy a medium - large case, the camera is a little large for a point and shoot.
4. Format the memory card once you install it, I ran into issues with videos cutting off until formatted.
5. 3D is not for everyone! Avoid the W3 If you cannot tolerate 3D..
6. The screen must be in the center of your field of vision for the 3D effect to work.
7. Video recordings cut off at 11 Minutes in HQ mode and begin a new recording. May be stitched together with software. Video Frame rate is very respectable for a flash recorder but not perfect, way better than the AIPTEK.
I have some movies on youtube 3D - converted with Stereo Movie Maker, search for JJROBOTEK FUJI
Use the 3D button on the player to pick your glasses format.