Fujifilm FinePix XP10 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Green)
- Movie Editing Mode and Blog mode , Facebook/YouTube Automatic Web Upload function for photos
- Capture movies in 720p with sound
- Four-Way protection includes waterproof, freezeproof, shockproof and dustproof.
- 12-megapixel resolution for large, photo-quality prints
- Fujinon 5x periscopic optical zoom lens with reinforced protective lens barrier
- 12-megapixel resolution for large, photo-quality prints
- Four-Way protection: waterproof, freezeproof, shockproof and dustproof
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Fujifilm FinePix XP10- 12MP, Fujinon 5x Periscopic Optical Zoom, 2.7" LCD, New uni-body chassis with a tactile grip finish, 4-Way Protection: Waterproof - 10ft (3M), Shockproof - 3ft (1M) and Freezeproof 14F (-10C). Other features include Face Detection w/ Red Eye Removal, Digital Image Stabilization, High Sensitivity 1600 ISO, 6 Scene - SR Auto Automatic Scene Recognition, One-Touch HD Movie 720p w/ Sound, Thin Metal Body 21.7mm, Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery.
From the Manufacturer
The FinePix XP10 is the first in a new category of super-tough, 'Four-Proof' digital cameras - waterproof, freezeproof, shockproof and dustproof. Resulting from a redesign of Fujifilm's best-selling FinePix Z33WP, the FinePix XP10 is an ergonomically "life proof" camera housed in a metal uni-body chassis with a tactile grip finish.
The FinePix XP10 sports a 12-megapixel CCD sensor, a 2.7-inch, high-contrast LCD for better viewing in bright sunlight and a high-precision, Fujinon 5x periscopic optical zoom lens with a reinforced protective lens barrier. The FinePix XP10 is only 21.7mm thin, and retains the chiselled design of a conventional compact camera.
FinePix XP10 Highlights
The FinePix XP10 is the ultimate lifestyle camera. You can drop it, soak it, freeze it, and even cover it in dirt, and this camera will come out unscathed. Not only is the FinePix XP10 waterproof up to 10 feet, but it is also shockproof up to 3 feet, freezeproof up to 14°F and dustproof, giving you total confidence that they can take it with them wherever they go, whatever they are doing, regardless of the conditions.
Now a key consideration for the younger web-savvy generations, the FinePix XP10 features a new Facebook/YouTube Automatic Web Upload function that makes it much faster to post photos on social networking sites. While in playback mode, this feature allows users to 'mark' a picture for Facebook or You Tube upload. Then, once the FinePix XP10 is connected to a computer with Fujifilm's MyFinePix Studio software (included), users upload their images and videos and the marked pictures and videos will automatically transfer to the selected site.
The FinePix XP10 also offers stunning movies in 720p with sound and high quality stills with one touch ease. Many consumers are happy to enjoy HD movies on their PC, but with the new HD Player (optional extra), which comes equipped with a remote control, families can gather around their home HDTV to enjoy amazingly detailed stills and high resolution movie playback.
Created specifically to capture an action shot, the Target Focus function tracks fast moving subjects so they don't escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
- Movie Editing Mode and Blog mode: Get creative and add finishing touches to videos and images, among others, you can choose from B&W, Sepia, or you can even add a dynamic lighting effect, all this in-camera.
- Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently identifies the scene type and necessary shooting conditions to optimize picture perfect potential.
- Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the FinePix XP10 is fitted with Fujifilm's latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously, at almost any angle to the camera. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
- Digital Image Stabilization: Reduces image blur and offers creative adaptability and excellent picture quality.
- Li-ion rechargeable battery: The long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery (up to 200 shots) allows for extended use without worrying if the camera is going to last for the duration of the trip.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
I sent the Fuji XP10 back to Fuji in hopes of getting it replaced, but received an invoice stating, "Water damage in camera not covered under warranty."
Um, no kidding.
The invoice also requested a payment of approximately $118 for an exchange of the same camera, with $100 of the cost going towards "labor"... Labor for what?!?! That's like buying a new XP10 with a little over a $20 discount over what I paid originally!
What's the point of marketing a "waterproof" camera, when it's not really waterproof and Fuji won't even honor the warranty to make things right? It would serve Fuji well to learn from other companies that unconditionally back the products that they sell, like Pelican Products and Strider Knives. Don't claim your product is waterproof, freezeproof, dustproof, and shockproof, unless you can back your product under warranty. I'm going to pass on Fuji's offer to exchange my camera for the $118 fee, which I can use towards an Olympus Tough camera! ;-)
As clean and compact as the Fuji XP10 appears, I will suggest to potential buyers of this camera to spend the extra money for the Olympus Tough series, which I am now considering. The Olympus Tough series may not be aesthetically pleasing as the Fuji XP10, but, like the AK-47 and Glock, the Olympus will probably work.
Buy the Fuji XP10 at your own risk.
We put the camera through its paces at the beach and were very pleased with the results. The picture quality and options for different camera modes are great. I was especially pleased to find that it could take sequential shots. I have big hands so I'm sometimes leary of smaller cameras, but this fit well and I was able to take pictures and video while holding the camera in many different ways. The camera was exposed to sun, sand, salt water and pool water at depths of up to five feet multiple times and continued to perform as expected. Overall, the video quality was actually a bit better than I expected (I had very low expectations for video quality from such a device). The following issues/items are what contributed to me giving this 4 stars instead of five:
- As others have indicated, the camera has a short battery life.
- Getting pictures to the computer was easier to do by ejecting the SD card and inserting it into the computer rather than carting around the specialty cable the camera requires. As others have mentioned, a standard cable would be preferred.
- You have to be very diligent about paying attention to the focus, especially when taking video. Once you start shooting video, you can no longer adjust the focus and it can be very finicky about getting the focus correct.
- The focus is sometimes finicky with photos as well, especially indoors in less than bright light
- The LCD screen was scratched the first day. I was as careful as I could to keep sand off of it and to rinse it when it did get sand on it. I suppose it may be impossible to have an LCD screen intended for this kind of use that will not get scratched.
- This isn't so much a flaw with the camera as a caveat to any who may be newer to waterproof cameras like we are. It's important to be sure the lens is free of water when shooting. Several of our shots have large obvious water droplets ruining the shot while there was no indication of this while shooting. This is noted in the users manual.
All in all, we are very pleased with the camera and hope to get lengthy use from it.
Update: I have had this camera for about 4 months already and it is still in perfect condition. It still takes pictures perfectly and nothing has gotten damaged. It still prevents water leakage and there is no sort of sign saying that its messing up. Goooddd Camera, great quality, great design, great pictures, just great overall.
Update 2: 3 years later and camera still works great! Still water proof and still takes great pictures! I've dropped it more times than I can count (even on concrete) and it hasn't broken at all. Best camera I've ever owned.
Most recent customer reviews
This is NOT an underwater camera!
It is waterproof.
That means use it in the rain.
That means take it whitewater rafting.Read more