Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 22, 2013
This camera kinda has a screwy reputation on here, but I think it's a wonderful machine as long as you take good care of it. It makes great shots and videos above water as well as underwater. It can safely stay underwater for half an hour, after that you want to get it out and gently dry it off. It can also dive up to sixteen feet (I rarely go past eight so it was fine for me). The annoying thing is that ZERO sand can get inside the camera, so it's a little tricky having it on the beach but if you are careful it'll be ok.

The camera itself has numerous shooting modes, including but not limited to landscapes, sunsets, snow, beaches, and three types of underwater shooting (you really only need two...) The battery is pretty solid, it only dies quickly if you film a lot of videos in succession.

Overall I recommend this camera, especially to people who like to shoot underwater. I got amazing underwater pictures of fish and a sea turtle on my trip to Hawaii! It's a good buy.
on January 12, 2013
I have an older Fuji XP that I have had for a few years. It worked great and I had taken it snorkeling a couple of times. I upgraded to the XP50 for the HD video and higher quality photos on the recommendation of a photographer friend of mine who said for the quality of the pictures at this price point it could not be beat.

I took the new XP50 on my recent cruise to the Bahamas. It was working great, taking great photos and video until I took it snorkeling off Nassau. As soon as it hit water the rear screen leaked and the camera failed. Fortunately the battery and SD card compartment did not leak and my photos, etc. were not lost. I am sure this was just a defect in this camera as my other Fuji still works fine, but Fuji definitely needs to up their quality control if they are going to be marketing these cameras as waterproof and shockproof!
on February 27, 2014
if you're looking for a cam this is it, no matter what you do for the money . you cant beat it, i read all the feedback and almost didn't buy this. but i said try it. if its not what you like send it bed, but i have tried to run the battery down and two days with it 300 photos latter still full battery.. remember always let the batter run all the way down and then reload it,,, it was not dead when i got it and o used it and then set it up to charge and within 15 min,,, it was full, and two days and still full,,, under water good photos anything you what to do with this cam you can , dont let some of the post turn you off that is crap,,, we all know some won't be as good but that because of how they use it, drop it and what to return it after they used it, this is the BEST CAM FOR THE MONEY , its a 5 star and nothing less,,
on December 18, 2013
This camera works pretty good in natural light, and obviously it's awesome that it works underwater, but what I was disappointed with was its lack of versatility. I was expecting for this camera to be my new point-and-shoot; a camera that I could use for all occasions.

I quickly realized, however, that it does not have a flash capability. Only on one mode does it have a flash ("Natural" Mode) and even with that one, it either bleaches out the picture or creates an out-of-focus picture.

I'm hanging on to this camera because it's definitely good for being on the beach or in the outdoors, but I went ahead and bought a Canon Rebel for good portraits and indoor shots at parties/events and of my subjects.

As a painter and architecture student I need a camera I can depend on for quality photos. I have realized that this is not the camera for the job.
on March 3, 2014
The shipping was quick, the camera came with all products included in the description. I bought the camera so my boyfriend and I could use in Las Vegas. We went hiking, to concerts, and sight seeing. The camera is fantastic! We love the 360 panorama option. The quality was great, there were issues with blurry pictures indoors with low lighting - I didnt have the flash on, since it was a concert, so it is a non-issue otherwise. The camera itself had very light marks from previous use, but considering the price and quality that can easily be overlooked. It is a great camera that I always purchase (I'm a fequent offender of misplacing my belongings). Hopefully this one doesn't get misplaced! Fujifilm Finepix really are great cameras!!
on May 26, 2014
This camera was bought for my daughter who takes hikes with her class once a week and also goes on 2 over night trips. She absolutley loves this camera, she takes pictures under water (which I think is pretty cool) and whether its hot or cold this camera takes wonderful pictures. I don't think I would buy another camera besides this one ever again. I bought a $450.00 camera that did all this stuff and her camera that was a forth of what I paid does more and takes better pics.
on October 8, 2012
This is my second Fuji, The XP20 was my first underwater camera and was dropped onto concrete from over 6ft... it did't survive. I then tried another brand and was frustrated with it. I now own the XP50 and love the pictures with the exception of low lite (also an issue with my XP20) The video is fantastic. Very responsive, from turn on to picture is very short. The only issue I have with this camera is on day 31, we were hiking and my daughter had the camera and banged it against a rock while on a steep incline. this knocked the focus mechanism out of alignment and has rendered the camera inoperative. I am going to contact Fuji in hopes that they will replace under warranty as this was not a drop, but a bump... I'll let you know how I make out!!!Fujifilm FinePix XP50 Digital Camera (Blue)
on December 13, 2012
Image quality is so-so, but you get the weather/water proof feature.
I needed that feature - lots of outdoor use in wet conditions, so am satisfied with the images.

Images tend to be soft due to the over use of noise reduction. Fine detail is lacking, and the images take on a fairly "painted" look when examined at higher magnification.

All the small cameras, similar to this one... do that. You just have to choose features or image. I chose features, and no complaints except for image quality.
on March 31, 2014
I bought this to replace my last fujifilm wp camera, which broke after 7 years of hard use. This seems to have all the features of the last one. So far it works well in snow and rain. The last one took great underwater pictures. There are a large variety of settings (snow, close-up, video, with and without flash, several underwater settings etc...) They work well in different lighting, indoors and out. I am really pleased with this replacement. I didn't give it 5 starts because the picture quality isn't as good as a slr camera, but very good for a point and shoot.
on November 22, 2013
Good pictures for a water resistant camera. The zoom is surprisingly good considering that the objective is inside the camera. Good quality of the inside the water pictures. A lot of features that can be programmed while taking the photos as the 360º panoramic picture option. I have it now for about 1 month and tried it in the sea and in some waterfalls proving that it really is water and shock resistant. It's my first water camera so I can't compare with others but I had other compact cameras and this doesn't seem to have a worst photo quality at all. I'm glad I bought it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.