The S9000 has all the angles covered -- its tilting 1.8" LCD screen makes it easy to frame your shot in a variety of positions. With the LCD gain control, you'll be able to preview your pictures in bright or low-light conditions. High-Speed Mode for capturing moving subjects easily New 10.7x wide angle optical zoom with manual control ring (28-300mm) Low-noise 1600 ISO with anti-shake/freeze frame shutter speeds Ultra-high electronic resolution through lens viewfinder Multiple shooting and control modes - Auto, Manual, Macro, Super Macro, Movie, Burst and Continuous Choose from 5 pre-programmed Scene Position modes Supports xD-Picture Cards, CF cards or Micro-Drives FinePix Viewer downloads photos to a PC each time you connect PictBridge lets you transfer directly to compliant printers Includes 4 AA alkaline batteries
From the Manufacturer
Advanced digital photographers have been eagerly awaiting this addition to Fujifilm's popular S-series line. The FinePix S9000 digital camera boasts 9.0 effective megapixels that capture up to 3,488 x 2,616 recorded pixels (9.12 million)--the highest resolution of any consumer-grade camera on the market as of Summer 2005.
While these record-breaking numbers are impressive alone, Fujifilm understands there is more to a great digital picture than resolution. It is this understanding, along with its rich history of photographic excellence, which drove Fujifilm to incorporate its groundbreaking Real Photo Technology into the FinePix S9000. The company's latest innovation matches the nine megapixel, 5th Generation Super CCD HR sensor with a super-sharp Fujinon lens and the RP Processor technology found currently in the critically-acclaimed FinePix F10 digital camera.
A hallmark of Fujifilm's Real Photo Technology is its ability to reduce the amount of graininess or "noise" in digital pictures. This noise is often apparent in high-resolution photos, particularly those shot at high ISO-equivalent sensitivities. With Real Photo Technology, the FinePix S9000 can take pictures at ISO 1600--at full resolution. Other benefits of Real Photo Technology include speed of operation (the FinePix S9000 has a high-speed start-up time of only 0.8 second with shutter lag down to 1/100 second) and longer battery life.
In addition to offering low noise processing, the new FinePix S9000 is equipped with a bevy of features that will appeal to the photo hobbyist. One of those features is a world-class Fujinon 10.7x wide-angle optical zoom lens that is the equivalent of having a 28-300mm zoom on a 35mm camera. This zoom range is ideal for a wide variety shooting situations and thus makes the purchase of additional lenses unnecessary.
Other features appealing to the photo hobbyist include:
- Mode dial with multiple settings, including Anti-Blur that automatically adjust the camera's ISO settings to combat camera shake and blur and Natural Light for more natural looking photos, particularly in low light
- A manual zoom that along with the auto exposure and auto focus functions, are operational during full frame (VGA-quality; 30 fps) movie capture
- The ability to shoot in the RAW file format
- A Super Macro Mode for pictures up to 0.4 inches
- Hot shoe and syncronizing terminal for external flash
- Live histogram exposure setting checks prior to shooting
- In-camera highlight warning function that alerts the user to "overexposed" areas of just-taken pictures
- Strong auto-focus assist illuminator for quicker focusing in low light
- Tilting LCD for high and low-angle shooting; adjustable LCD and electronic viewfinder; frame rates of 30 frames per second or 60 frames per second for smoother viewing
- Dual media slot accepts xD Picture card and CompactFlash/Microdrive