Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fujifilm GFX 50S 51.4MP Mirrorless Medium Format C..." and save 17% off the $6,499.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Fujifilm GFX 50S 51.4MP Mirrorless Medium Format Camera (Body Only)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 43.8mm x 32.9mm, 51.4 MP CMOS sensor, boasting Approx. 1.7x the area of full frame sensors + x processor Pro
- Compact and lightweight body with high rigidity due to the adoption of magnesium alloy
- Detachable 3.69M-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder
- 2.36M-dot, three-directional tilting, Touchscreen LCD
- Newly developed large diameter g mount with excellent robustness and durability
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
FUJIFILM G Format Image Sensor
The FUJIFILM GFX 50S features a 43.8x32.9mm CMOS medium format sensor: a product of Fujifilm's rich history, cutting-edge digital technology and extensive knowledge of medium format film cameras. Boasting an effective resolution of 51.4 million pixels and paired with high-performance GF lenses, the sensor delivers superior tones and sharpness that will impress professional photographers shooting in the world of commercial, fashion or landscapes.
Optimized Sensor Design
Both the shape of the light-gathering micro-lenses and the processing from the photodiodes have been optimized to achieve a high level of sharpness and broad dynamic range. The lowest native ISO sensitivity of 100 and the 14-stop dynamic range, achieved with 14-bit RAW data, delivers high definition images in a variety of conditions with notably rich skin tones and intricate foliage detail.
The FUJIFILM GFX 50S sports the X-Processor Pro image processing engine, capable of drawing the very best out of the 51.4 megapixel sensor. Its advanced processing accelerates and optimizes the camera's performance in a variety of areas including stunning color reproduction with Fujifilm's unique Film Simulation modes, in-camera RAW conversion to the 8-bit TIFF format, accurate contrast AF, quick startup time, and minimal shutter release time lag and shooting intervals between frames.
FUJIFILM G Mount
The FUJIFILM GFX 50S uses the G Mount, which has a mount diameter of 65mm, flange back distance of 26.7mm and minimum back focus distance of 16.7mm. It uses as many as 12 electronic contact points for sending and receiving data, plus it supports the use of a wide variety of lenses and accessories. The short back focus distance, made possible because of the Fujifilm mirrorless system's structure, affords greater freedom in lens design to contribute to the development of fast, compact and high-performance GF lenses while preventing vignetting to deliver edge-to-edge sharpness.
Dust-resistant, weather-resistant and freezeproof to -10°C
The body is made from robust magnesium alloy, which feels both solid and durable in the hand. The body is weather-sealed in 58 points to achieve a high level of resistance to dust and moisture. The GFX 50S is compact and lightweight despite the large size of its sensor, plus its dust and weather-resistant body means it's equally effective in the studio or out in the field.
High Magnification / High Definition Electronic Viewfinder
The FUJIFILM GFX 50S is supplied with a detachable 3.69M-dot EVF with 100% coverage and a viewfinder magnification of 0.85x. It uses five dedicated lens elements to achieve 100% coverage and offers a diopter adjustment range of -4m-1 to＋2m-1.
Large Rear Touchscreen LCD Tilts in Three Directions
- The rear 2.36M-dot LCD monitor measures 3.2 inches and offers 100% coverage. The smart touchscreen panel enables intuitive operation and tilts in three directions (90° up, 45° down and 60° to the right) for easy framing and shooting from high or low angles.
- The FUJIFILM GFX 50S features a smart touchscreen display, which makes it easy to select an AF area, bring up an RGB histogram, display the 3D electronic level and enlarge the Live View.
3D Electronic Level & RGB Histogram
- 3D Electronic Level: This electronic level uses a 3D system and is highly effective for architecture or landscape photography, when the accuracy of horizontal and vertical lines is crucial.
- RGB Histogram: The FUJIFILM GFX 50S can display four types of histograms: RGB and brightness, each with or without highlight warnings.
The FUJIFILM GFX 50S saves pictures in a variety of formats and quality, including two sizes and three compression levels of JPEGs, as well as compressed/uncompressed RAW. Even when you are shooting only in RAW, the camera records 12-megapixel thumbnails at the same time. Its in-camera RAW conversion function also enables RAW files processing with the ability to save them as 8-bit TIFFs.
- The standard ISO sensitivity range is ISO100-12800, with extended sensitivities of ISO50, ISO25600, ISO51200 and ISO102400 also available. RAW format is supported at all these ISO settings. The AUTO function allows you to set the standard ISO, low shutter speed limit and upper ISO limit, and configure AUTO 1 - 3 settings according to shooting conditions.
- Standard Output: AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3 (up to ISO12800) / ISO100 to 12800 (1/3 step)
- Extended Output:ISO50 / 25600 / 51200 / 102400
Developed with Fujifilm's color producing know-how over 80 years of photographic film manufacturing, Film Simulation allows you to reproducing a variety of colors and tones as if using different photographic films.
Grain and Color Chrome Effect
- Grain Effect: Graininess is added to the entire frame to simulate the look of film-based images.
- Color Chrome Effect: Provides an extra boost to saurated colors for a more punchy result.
- The World's First Focal-Plane Shutter* Specifically Designed for Medium Format Mirrorless Cameras
- The newly-developed focal-plane shutter is the world's first specifically designed for medium format mirrorless cameras. It is a low-noise mechanical shutter that withstands 150,000 actuations**, offers shutter speeds up to 1/4000 sec and has an electronic first curtain. Choose from three shutter types, including an electronic shutter.
- Mechanical Shutter: 4sec. to 1/4000sec. (P Mode), 60min. to 1/4000sec. (All Modes) Bulb mode (up to 60min.). Time: 60min. to 1/4000sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter***: 4sec. to 1/4000sec. (P Mode), 60min. to 1/4000sec. (All Modes). Bulb Mode (up to 60min.). Time: 60min. to 1/4000sec.
- Electronic Shutter: 4sec. to 1/16000sec. (P Mode), 60min. to 1/16000sec. (All Modes) Bulb Mode (up to 60min.), Time: 60min. to 1/16000sec.
- Mechanical + Electronic Shutter
4sec. to 1/16000sec. (P Mode), 60min. to 1/16000sec. (All Modes). Bulb Mode (up to 60min.). Time: 60min. to 1/16000sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter + Electronic Shutter***: 4 sec. to 1/16000sec. (P Mode), 60min. to 1/16000sec. (All Modes) Bulb Mode (up to 60min.).Time: 60min. to 1/16000sec. Synchronized Shutter Speed for Flash 1/125 sec. or slower
* Fujifilm research as of December 2016. Compared with other mirrorless digital cameras equipped with 43.8x32.9mm sensor or larger.
** According to Fujifilm internal testing.
*** When using the electronic front curtain shutter, the continuous shooting speed drops to 1.8fps and using high speed shutter, the shutter switches to mechanical shutter. (1/640sec. to 1/4000)
Focusing / Focus Lever
- 9x13 (117 Points) / 17x25 (425 Points) Single Focus Points and Six Sizes of Focus Area.
- TTL Contrast AF is available in Single Point, Zone and Wide/Tracking modes. In the Single Point mode, the camera offers 9x13 (117 points) or 17x25 (425 points) and six different Focus Area sizes. Select the minimum size for pinpoint focusing.
- Six AF Modes:
- AF-S + Single Point. For capturing subjects using a specific AF point
- AF-S + Zone:For capturing subjects across a large AF area (3x3, 5x5, 7x7)
- AF-S + Wide:For automatically capturing a subject across the frame
- AF-C + Single Point:For continuous spot-focusing
- AF-C + Zone: For tracking a subject within a selected area
- AF-C + Tracking:For continuously tracking a subject across the frame
- Use the Focus Lever to move the focus area in eight directions (up/down, side to side, diagonally) for easy framing and accurate focusing.
- HS-V5 (Optional)* - Use HS-V5 for Windows software to tether the FUJIFILM GFX 50S using a USB cable. This enables you to directly save pictures on to a computer or control the camera from the computer. The Hyper-Utility3 software, which comes with the camera, allows you to view the photographs you have taken on your computer. With the software, you can analyze images based on information it displays such as histogram, highlight warnings and tags, evaluate images by displaying two images side by side for comparison and sort/organize images with the Marker function.
- Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (optional)**
- A plug-in to allow Adobe Photoshop Lightroom users to tether the FUJIFILM GFX 50S to a computer, using a USB cable and directly save pictures on the computer or control the camera from it. In addition to the functions available in the standard version of the Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, this PRO version allows you to view the photographs you have taken on your computer, and displays the Control Panel window on the computer to enable a variety of camera controls. The conventional Lightroom tethering plug-in forces you to wait until your picture is transferred, saved and registered with Lightroom before it is displayed on the screen for checking. The Control Panel window in the PRO version displays pictures faster for quick viewing. The Control Panel window also supports Live View as well as offers a multitude of camera controls such as exposure settings, bracketing, interval photography, overlay check and backup/restoration of camera settings.
* After purchasing the HS-V5, download the latest version from the official website.
** Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 or CC is required. The compatible OS is same as that of Lightroom. To use on macOS Sierra, Lightroom should be upgraded to 6.7 or later / CC 2015.7 or later.
Copyright Data for EXIF
Use the touchscreen panel to enter 'Author' and 'Copyright' to automatically add this information to the file's EXIF data.
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Display Fixture Type||tilting|
|Display Resolution Maximum||2,360,000|
|Display Size||3.2 inches|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Flash Memory Type||SDXC;;;|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3|
|Item Dimensions||8.8 x 7.5 x 9.1 inches|
|Item Weight||5 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||14 Watt Hours|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||8,256 Pixels|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||5.25 pounds|
|Style Name||Body only|
|Supported Battery Types||None|
|Viewfinder Type||electronic viewfinder|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Murphy's Camera||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3.2 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 9.1 x 8.8 in||5.9 x 2.8 x 3.8 in||5.9 x 2.8 x 3.8 in||5.6 x 5.6 x 8 in||5.5 x 5.5 x 7.9 in||6.1 x 9.61 x 5.67 in|
|Item Weight||5 lbs||1.6 lbs||1.6 lbs||2.6 lbs||2.9 lbs||1.38 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||—||50 megapixels||150 megapixels||24.3 megapixels||24.3 megapixels||—|
|Photo Sensor Size||full_frame||—||—||aps-c||aps-c||Full Frame|
|Video Capture Resolution||—||1080p||1080p||4k||—||other|
|Viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||electronic viewfinder, fixed LCD||electronic viewfinder, fixed LCD||lcd||optical viewfinder||electronic viewfinder|
The Fujifilm gfx 50S medium format mirrorless digital camera adopts a 43.8Ｘ32.9mm medium format g format) sensor with 51.4 MP. Featuring premium design and excellent operability stemming from the highly reputable digital camera x series system and the accumulation of image design technology from over 80 years of experience, the gfx 50S achieves the highest ever image quality from released with the APS-C sensor in 2011, the x series has earned high praise from professional photographers and photography enthusiasts alike, due to its excellent image quality and mobility across a wide range of genres including landscapes, snaps, portraits, and sports photos. On the other hand, there were also many photographers craving for the release of a camera equipped with a large-size sensor with an even higher number of effective Pixels, which could be used mainly in the fields of commercial and studio portrait photography, while at the same time keeping the excellent color reproduction of the x series intact. In response to those voices, developed the gfx 50S and the fujinon gf lenses series as a system for photographers that require even higher image quality than can be covered by the current x series lineup
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Since I shoot mostly portrait photography, the detail I have found with this camera is incredible. I really like how simple the camera is setup. The auto focus is great. Controls are easily accessible, customization is very easy, menu systems are straightforward. Unlike with the A7rii, I don't have to go searching for what I want to change.
So is it worth the price? If you are planning on using this like you would a 35mm, then I would say no. You can get a lot more use range with a 35mm (DSLR/mirrorless) than you would with this camera. But if you are into taking shots under controlled conditions for very high resolution and spectacular range, then yes. It's just a matter of how bad you want those fine details for those specific shots. This darn camera makes me look like I actually know what I am doing.
I realize that I have bought into a larger camera system, but it is well worth the size and weight for (in my opinion) the major bump in image quality. In terms of handling I actually find that the GFX is much more comfortable to shoot than the Sony A7RM2. Truthfully, I hate the location of the viewfinder on the Sony - it's too deeply set into the camera. I always seemed to be torquing my neck and really jamming my nose into the LCD to get my eye into the EVF. The GFX is much more natural shooting experience. That in itself, for me, makes up for the larger size and weight. By no means is the GFX huge, I'd say it is smaller than most standard DSLRs. It roughly the same size as the Panasonic GH5.
So far, I have only tested the 63mm F/2.8 and the Pentax SMCP-FA 645 400mm. The 120mm macro and the 32-64mm should be arriving soon. Hopefully, I'll have more to add after I test those lenses.