Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 27, 2012
I am happy with this camera. I am old enough (49) to have grown up with regular film and Polaroid cameras. We all had one as teenagers and young adults. I still have my Polaroid in my room, and would love to still use it, but real polaroid film is not made anymore, and the "experimental" film is $3.00 a shot. This camera gives me 'polaroid-like' capability for only 75 cents a shot.

So pricewise -- I am quite pleased. Photo quality -- also pleased, it's not a gajillion pixels, so don't expect that, it's different technoloty. As I am old and used old cameras, this camera is not as 'huge' as folks seem to think. I expect it's all relative and if you grew up with cameras that fit in your shirt pocket, then OK, it's huge. But if you grew up with old SLR film cameras, then it's not. The plastic of the camera does seem fragile to me (hence the 4 stars) -- so don't drop it. But at $60 or so, it could be replaced if that does happen. Picture size is decent, I'm glad I didn't get the fuji camera that takes the smaller photo's -- I'd have been disappointed.

I have listened to the advice from others, that this camera doesn't do well in low-light situations, so my first two packs of film have been shot outdoors with great results. It's a wonderful for outdoor photography. I turned the flash on for exactly one photo (my granddaughter underneath a shaded tree) and the flash washed out the shot. I took it again with the shade and no flash, and it came out better in my opinion. I have yet to take indoor photos, so I can not comment on those.

But lets get to the real reason I bought this camera --- instant photography. As I went through my photo albums earlier in the year, I saw a wonderful collection of my family photos from the 1980's through the early 2000's. Then, there was a jarring 6 or 7 year gap, with just a few random photos. They are on the computer, on CD's, on line perhaps, but they are not in my home. They are intangible blips of electrons which require technology and a password to access. They are locked away and will eventually disappear.

I know I could take the time to find them, select the best ones, print them or put them on a flash drive and have them printed out at Costco. But for some unexplicable yet human reason, I haven't done so, and I likely would not do so in the future. It's not laziness --- it's just that there are always more urgent, pressing things to get done as I work and raise a family.

So I decided to purchase this camera, keep it on the fireplace mantel for easy access, use it, and encourage my wife and daughters to also use it as they like. The photos collect on the mantel as well, next to my photo album, which is starting to come to life again.

Each photo is unique --- it's one of a kind that is not shared via a smart phone or computer or Facebook. They are personal, intimate memories of my family and friends, which reside on the bookshelf for life, forever accessible by the real world rather than the digital world.

-Shawn in Oregon

2013-January Update:

After six months or so, this is still my go-to camera for family photos. I have taken a bunch of indoor photos, and while not as vivid as outdoors, they are OK. The foreground (the people) are generally lit up and the background is dark, but such is the nature of this 'Polaroid' camera. I still recommend this camera, it still sits on the mantle where my wife and I grab it frequently. Each time I order a book or other item from Amazon, I throw in a twin pack of film for this camera as well to take advantage of the free shipping.

2014-May Update:

This camera is still working fine and taking good photos. It works as well today as it did when first purchased. I am puzzled by reviews which mention broken cameras and poor pictures. That has not been my experience..

2016-Aug Update:

I just ordered another 100 pack of film from Amazon. This camera is still working well four years later, and sees lots of use. Just thought I'd mention that, in case folks are wondering about durability. I haven't dropped it though, but nothing has jammed or otherwise broken after four years of normal usage.

-Shawn
57 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on August 5, 2016
Man I disliked this one! I have the Instax mini which is smaller, much easier to use, and much more reliable. This thing took very inconsistent exposures and figuring which focus settings to use was a pain. Not to mention it's huge, ugly, and a battery hog.

The novelty really, really wears off fast with this one. I would say I got a few great photos out of it, but it took many more poorly exposed photos. Trying to get an in-focus picture of my nephew one day, I snapped three photos, one was spot on, one was underexposed, one was overexposed. All with the same settings and lighting conditions.

I eventually bought a plastic land camera at a yard sale for five bucks AND it was from the 70s or 80s but it took photos a million times better and more consistent with this thing. Too bad Fuji discontinued the last pack film... Now we're stuck with this.

If you're debating getting this or the Mini... Go with the Mini. The Mini always produces great results
3 people found this helpful
on June 10, 2011
After a year and a half of missing Polaroid film, I decided to look for an alternative. I knew the Impossible Project had created film, but it's about $23.00 for eight shots. They're incredibly vivid and look amazing, but my budget couldn't handle the high cost. I was very close to purchasing the Fujifilm Instax 7s, but I was unsure of the small, credit card size of the pictures. After doing a little bit more research, I found that there was the Fujifilm Instax 200 and 210.

Appearance: Yes, it's huge. After spending days looking through size comparisons, I figured it wouldn't be too big. When I received it, I thought the packaging was ridiculously big, but I then realized upon opening the box that I was met with something larger than my face. The plastic is also very flimsy. Looking through the camera, I noticed that one drop could be fatal, so I keep it in a camera bag. I was hoping that I could possibly fit my small point and shoot with it too, but it's impossible. Also, be very careful with removing the plate for changing batteries. I almost broke the little hook that snaps it in place.

Features: The ability to turn flash off or on made it for me. The lens that comes with it for portraits is also a great feature. I decided to take a picture with and without the lens, and it's definitely noticeable. However, I tried doing a double exposure, and I found it to be impossible. If I find a way to do so, I will definitely update. I generally leave the settings on normal with 3m~infinity, and it takes great pictures.

Sound: You know the sound of a Polaroid once you take the picture? It's loud and impossible to bring to small gatherings or quiet venues. I was surprised that once I took the picture, I heard a very low motor noise and nothing else.

Pictures: They really are beautiful. I've mostly used them indoors, and I'm very impressed with the quality. I'm really loving the wide screen photographs as well. As usual, I spend the first ten photographs just to learn how the settings work. I would recommend this product more for outdoor shots, whether a little overcast or sunny. There's something about the way the pictures are that makes them seem almost surreal. I say this because whenever I take a picture indoors and I have to use flash, the images turn out flat.

Price: The camera on its own is roughly $65.00. It's a bit steep considering early models of point and shoot digital cameras are the same price. But if you're purchasing this camera, you're doing it because you miss or want to learn about instant film. There's something magical about a picture being produced before your eyes. It's something tangible, one of a kind, and you almost feel like you're able to grasp moments of your own life. It's sentimental yet functional. I was very surprised by the price of the film. If you buy ten pack, you will spend about $85.00. Each shot is roughly $0.85, a steal considering you're getting a large photograph. I remember paying $25.00 for a double pack for 600 film. It still isn't cheap, but it's a major difference.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase.

After a very happy year with my camera, it died from water damage. I purchased another one for a friend, and his died from dropping. So beware, these are very fragile. While I wish they would make a sturdier camera, it would increase the price, and I like the price point it's at right now. I am definitely going to buy another one (I have at least fifteen packs left).

I LOVE the macro lens it comes with as well. The flash can be a little too much, so I just use a couple pieces of tape to diffuse the light.

While I do love this camera and film, I did purchase some Impossible Project film for my SX-70 and 680. The film (from 2011 - mid 2012) is really tricky sometimes. However, the quality is a lot different than the Instax film. In some ways better, because pictures come out so dreamy. In some ways worse, because I have gone through a lot of film with horrible results. It all depends on what you have the patience (and money) for. I love this camera and film and will continue to use it in the future.
31 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 5, 2011
You will love this instant camera as much as I do. I cannot get enough of it. I carry it everywhere I go because I do not want to miss out on any "camera worthy" moment. I took it to the club, parties, and gatherings -- people's jaws dropped at the sight of my GIGANTIC camera but then immediately they ask me where I get it and they want to buy it. The camera takes better picture outdoors when it is sunny -- the flash doesnt come on when there is enough light outside. It is always on and you cant turn it off. I used the normal settings for most of my pictures --> Ive experienced light and dark before but didn't have much luck. The quality of the pictures is outstanding. It is very clear, and crisp. It takes great landscape pictures -- very vivid details and a vintage feel. It has setting for short and long distance. You will have to estimate it. Since the view finder is on the left --- sometimes the composition of the picture will be a little bit off (leans on the right). I dont like the close up lens -- it does not work and it makes the picture even more blurry up close. The camera itself is big but keep in mind that it has to be in order to print out wide pictures. It is a very light camera and super easy to use. I bought this back in January and I only have 20 pictures left. I just put in my order for 100 more exposures. The film is average about 84 cent per photo which is a little expensive. I wasted about 10 films in experiencing/playing with the camera. Since I love it so much I guess it's worth it. This is the best package deal online. You will not find this anywhere else. Other websites are overpriced and a rip off (esp Urban Outfitters). I highly recommend this camera for anyone who loves Polaroid pictures or looking to document the little things in life. You will not regret it. I cant believe I didn't buy this sooner. I'm looking to buy the mini in the future!
review imagereview imagereview image
22 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 10, 2013
I ordered this so I could take it to the Veterans Administration hospital for a Christmas event for the vets. It arrived 1 hr before I had to leave. I quickly unpacked it and read the instructions. Then got in the car and took it with me. The kit came with 100 prints. After 3 hours, I used 90 prints. The vets were surprised and happy to have photos of themselves. Part of our Ladies Auxiliary group used the embossed card set (also bought on amazon) to adhere the prints onto the cards, and helped them by providing stickers and pens so they could write Christmas messages on it. Many of the vets were sending the cards to their Mothers, who I am sure were delighted. The 5 stars is because I got the camera, it produced 90 clear and clean prints, and the camera didn't stop working in the 3 hours. I told the vets - Fuji claims the prints will last 100 years but I don't think we'll be around to claim if it doesn't. And they all laughed. They liked that the prints developed in 45 seconds - and the older vets were glad that the prints were not wet and smelly (like the original Polaroid ones). Only complaint is that the strap is difficult to use and to secure. Make sure you get it right or you risk losing the camera!
One person found this helpful
on December 17, 2016
I always buy all my instant film needs on Amazon, I find they have the best price for film. This camera is very bulky and there is a newer, "smaller" (but still a bit bulky) version than this one. Be careful with this camera too, because if you accidentally bump it on something it will likely break. It's cheaper to buy the camera again instead of fixing it, so buy a carrying case! There is a wide version and small, wallet size film version that Fujifilm makes. They develop fast and the wide film size is fun! Everybody loves a 'polaroid' for the vintage look and feel. I would also recommend an album for these photos because the film stacks take up some room and you don't want to lose any!
on July 17, 2016
It's big, chunky and ridiculously simple to use, just like old Polaroids. This was a pretty decent deal with the included film. I don't know anyone else with a camera like this, so it's great to have mementos to give/send to friends and family. As for reliability, I've been using this for a few years now without complaint: just turn it on, point and shoot, and you've got a great picture to stick up on the wall. Kids are amazed watching the photos develop!
One person found this helpful
on February 21, 2012
I've been looking at this camera for a year now while the reviews have been stacking up. I've always been a fan of instant photography because there's still nothing more fun than an instant photo, even in this digital age.

The reason I didn't like Polaroid in the past, though, was because their cameras usually left a lot to be desired in terms of feature offerings and the film pretty much sucked in terms of color representation. Polaroids always had this odd pastel palette that I didn't like at all.

I knew of Fuji instant film because I shoot a converted Pathfinder 110A with the Fuji peel apart film and that stuff is amazing. But, that's an old school camera where you have to set the shutter speed and the aperture as well as time the development time once you shoot the film, which people are increasingly losing patience for in this digital age. They're just so used to people just popping off pics without having to wait, hold still and smile that plenty of times you miss a shot.

But with this, it couldn't be easier. You point, frame and shoot. The photo comes out the top and you're on to the next one. You can even let a couple photos stack up in the top. There are some settings, which are nice and the camera does come with a close-up lens which actually works magnificently.

My wife and I just went to the baby shower of her sister-in-law and my wife was tasked with creating the scrapbook. I took the shots with this camera including detailed close-ups of the decorations and cupcakes and they came out better than they did with any Polaroid I've had (except for the Pathfinder). In fact, they came out great. However, you have to be patient and work with the camera. There are lighting settings for light, normal and dark that allow you to adjust in case the lighting makes your photos come out too dark. You can also use a fill flash in light situations in which the flash wouldn't normally operate.

The built-in flash is certainly bright enough!

I wouild have loved to offer some samples of the kinds of nice photos I got at the baby shower, but they're all in the scrapbook! Everyone loved the photos and the camera.
on August 1, 2015
This is my 2nd intax camera. We bought the mini 90 neo first, love it! Now we bought intax 210, love it too! Both produce retro style photos, don't expect professional quality pics. These are a blast for instant photos with family and friends! The mini 90 produces smaller pics, but crisper. The 210 has larger pics, but not as crisp, I liken it to soften tool you would use in a photo editor. The 210 is huge in size. We cracked up when we first pulled it out of the box. Once we started taking pictures, we forgot all about the size & had a blast taking pics! We love both models and would suggest it for anyone looking for nostalgia & instant fun!
on January 17, 2012
I have a DSLR with all the fancy lenses (and tend to be a bit of a photo snob...) so I didn't buy this camera to get incredible photos. No - of course the colors, lighting, and resolution don't compare to a film/digital camera. But that's the best part, isn't it? Instants have such a special look to them, and I bought this camera as more of a novelty than a quality photo taking machine.

PROS:

Takes great looking instants.

Fujifilm is still producing film! Unlike Polaroid. If you buy a Polaroid instant you will be forced to buy film through the Impossible Project, or scrounge up leftover Polaroid stock. Either way - expensive! If you're debating between Fuji/Polaroid - go with Fuji.

Photos are a good size. They aren't square like Polaroids, but they're still big enough to get a good shot.

Photos have that classic instant look that can be so appealing from time to time.

Camera functions well, feels well made.

CONS:

It's HUGE. Bigger than a top-of-the-line DSLR. Same size as my whole face. If you want a small camera to carry with you, don't buy this!

Film is still pretty expensive - best price you'll find is about 80 cents/shot. I constantly feel the need to ration my use of this camera.

Overall... if you like the look of instant photography, I would definitely go with this camera. It's not too expensive and it's a lot of fun. I recommend it.