Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- New slimmer and lighter body
- Works with Fuji INSTAX Film and performs best with Polaroid AA batteries
- Automatic exposure measurement. The camera signals the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED. This helps capture the perfect photo every time.
- New High-Key mode - Take brighter pictures with a soft look - perfect for portraits.
- New improved viewfinder for greater clarity and visibility.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|Instant Film||Fujifilm Instant Color Film "instax mini"|
|Picture size||62 x 46mm|
|Shooting range / Focusing range||0.6m - ∞|
|Shutter speed||1/60 sec.|
|Exposure control||Manual switching system (LED indicator in exposure meter)|
|Flash||Constant firing flash (automatic light adjustment) Recycle time: 0.2 sec. to 6 sec. (when using new batteries), Effective flash range: 0.6m - 2.7 m|
|Power Supply||Two LR6/AA-size 1.5V alkaline batteries Capacity: 10 film packs (based on our company research)|
|Others||Exposure counter (number of unexposed films), film pack confirmation window|
|Dimensions & Weight||116mm x 118.3mm x 68.2mm / 307g (without batteries, strap and film pack)|
Compare with similar items
Fujifilm Instax Mini Instant Film (3 Twin Packs, 60 Total Pictures) - International Version
Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera - Cobalt Blue
Fujifilm Instax Mini 26 + Rainbow Film Bundle - Black
Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera (Black) with ZINK Zero Ink Printing Technology
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8+ Instant Film Camera - International Version(Cocoa)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||All About Office||RAVISH JAPAN||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||GadgetBasket||Photo4Less|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 3 x 5.5 in||3 x 5.8 x 2.6 in||5 x 3 x 5.5 in||4.25 x 5.5 x 5.75 in||0.98 x 4.72 x 2.95 in||4.57 x 2.68 x 4.65 in|
|Item Weight||0.95 lb||2.4 ounces||1.15 lbs||1.45 lbs||7.58 ounces||0.68 lb|
Cool and compact, fun and exciting, the Instax Mini 8 Camera lets you create instant, credit-card-sized photos.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. take good care of the camera i.e it shouldn’t be jostled or dropped because THE LENS circle thing WILL FALL OFF. You can stick it back on but there’s always a little risk involved, the first time the lens fell off I nearly got a heart attack.
2. never, ever take a photo in sucky lighting (ex. Our house which is lighted purely by incandescent lamps) In fact limit indoor photos unless it’s an extremely special/candid moment that can’t be replaced. Don’t lie to yourself and think “it’ll turn out good anyway” Nuh uh
3. Always pay attention to the dial and turn it. I’ve had photos come out as yellowish blanks because someone forgot to turn the dial
4. do not play around with the dial and think you can judge what setting is best for the weather…the camera really is most accurate.
5. Try to wear light colored clothing. Not white because the flash will react badly. Not dark/black clothing because the background of the picture (ESPECIALLY if indoors) darkens naturally and you can “Fade” into the background.
6. Selfies are always best with natural light. If not, and you’re taking a selfie with a friend, remember that the person holding the camera (and therefore closest to it) is more likely to get a little bit whited out (not a lot, but a little) than the other person.
7. The lens can hold a surprising amount of space/number of people in one photo. This means that if for example, you’re taking a photo of a big group of people, you don’t have to back up as much as you think. If you do their faces will have less focus. Don’t be afraid to close up a little bit. (referring here to horizontal photos of course)
8. The camera can take very nice photos both vertically and horizontally. Vertically is better for portraits and closeups and is very flexible. Horizontal, however, can get you a beautiful “slice of life” feel, when you want to focus not only on the people but the background and scenery.
9. The paper/material the photo is printed on is thick, white, and has a little space under the photo itself for you to write something. ALWAYS write with a thin pen Sharpie. Normal pens, ballpens, ink pens whatever bleed and smudge and look plain nasty.
So maybe now you’re wondering….wow, this camera has a lot of limitations. Should I seriously get it?? And my answer….YES! Yes you should. The photos just feel so incredibly real. It’s like holding that moment in your hand. It’s so different from digital photos or even printing at Walgreens. You can look at a photo over and over again, and every time notice something good and different. It’s hard to explain, but these photos are so old timey and vivid, every one of these is like a breath of fresh air. And another thing…EVERYONE loves instant cameras….I met my cousins for the first time this winter, and I honestly feel like we really bonded over this. Every time you take a new photo, everybody hovering around like “how’d it turn out??” and you get to watch it develop (extremely interesting.) It only takes a minute for the photo to develop, but a few more for the colors to really pop.
So yes….Get it. Make sure to watch a couple YouTube tips/reviews/demo vids and be sparing with the pictures, they ARE pricey!!
When we took a photo of ourselves outside during daylight, it captured as much details as it needed too. Overall I am a very satisfied customer. I know our smart phones can capture photos too but I like the idea that as soon as a photo is snapped, it is instantly developed. I can not even remember the last time I went out of my way going through my photos on my phone to pick out ones I want to go developed and print.
The cons of this camera that I would have to say is the the film can be a bit expensive. But you can not really put a price on the memories you cherish, especially if I have a phone full of photos and one day I lose that phone. I can never retrieve those photos again. Which has happened to me before.
The camera comes with a strap, and 2 double A batteries. You won't regret buying this camera.