Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on June 15, 2015
Absolutely awesome, took this to Africa, and was so nice to give something like a photo instead of them giving...buy it!! This woman in Samburu village had never really seen herself..beautiful...she's holding the photo I took with this camera!
review image
5150+ comments| 5,353 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 23, 2016
Tips for Taking Photos with Instax Mini!

1. take good care of the camera i.e it shouldn’t be jostled or dropped because THE LENS circle thing WILL FALL OFF. You can stick it back on but there’s always a little risk involved, the first time the lens fell off I nearly got a heart attack.
2. never, ever take a photo in sucky lighting (ex. Our house which is lighted purely by incandescent lamps) In fact limit indoor photos unless it’s an extremely special/candid moment that can’t be replaced. Don’t lie to yourself and think “it’ll turn out good anyway” Nuh uh
3. Always pay attention to the dial and turn it. I’ve had photos come out as yellowish blanks because someone forgot to turn the dial
4. do not play around with the dial and think you can judge what setting is best for the weather…the camera really is most accurate.
5. Try to wear light colored clothing. Not white because the flash will react badly. Not dark/black clothing because the background of the picture (ESPECIALLY if indoors) darkens naturally and you can “Fade” into the background.
6. Selfies are always best with natural light. If not, and you’re taking a selfie with a friend, remember that the person holding the camera (and therefore closest to it) is more likely to get a little bit whited out (not a lot, but a little) than the other person.
7. The lens can hold a surprising amount of space/number of people in one photo. This means that if for example, you’re taking a photo of a big group of people, you don’t have to back up as much as you think. If you do their faces will have less focus. Don’t be afraid to close up a little bit. (referring here to horizontal photos of course)
8. The camera can take very nice photos both vertically and horizontally. Vertically is better for portraits and closeups and is very flexible. Horizontal, however, can get you a beautiful “slice of life” feel, when you want to focus not only on the people but the background and scenery.
9. The paper/material the photo is printed on is thick, white, and has a little space under the photo itself for you to write something. ALWAYS write with a thin pen Sharpie. Normal pens, ballpens, ink pens whatever bleed and smudge and look plain nasty.

So maybe now you’re wondering….wow, this camera has a lot of limitations. Should I seriously get it?? And my answer….YES! Yes you should. The photos just feel so incredibly real. It’s like holding that moment in your hand. It’s so different from digital photos or even printing at Walgreens. You can look at a photo over and over again, and every time notice something good and different. It’s hard to explain, but these photos are so old timey and vivid, every one of these is like a breath of fresh air. And another thing…EVERYONE loves instant cameras….I met my cousins for the first time this winter, and I honestly feel like we really bonded over this. Every time you take a new photo, everybody hovering around like “how’d it turn out??” and you get to watch it develop (extremely interesting.) It only takes a minute for the photo to develop, but a few more for the colors to really pop.
So yes….Get it. Make sure to watch a couple YouTube tips/reviews/demo vids and be sparing with the pictures, they ARE pricey!!
review imagereview imagereview image
66 comments| 1,834 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 21, 2017
I have to be honest here, this camera is not for dark skinned individuals. I'm african american, more of a chocolate tone, and when I try to take pictures indoors with my friends you can barely see their faces (they're black too). I thought maybe it was because I was inside, but even when I take pictures outside (even on sunny days) and change the settings accordingly, the pictures turn out so freakin dark. I hate it. Definitely a waste of money. As cute as having little Polaroids are for memories, it's not worth not being able to see myself or my friends, in the photos. It's ridiculous. Do NOT recommend.
review image
22 comments| 291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 12, 2015
Love my camera ... Easy to use, perfect for capturing any moment worth remembering. Very cute color... Overall a great product
review imagereview image
44 comments| 961 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 23, 2013
I looked for a reliable, classy-looking Polaroid camera as a wedding reception guest book. After thorough research, I determined Instax was cheaper and just as reliable, if not more, than the new Polaroid instant cameras. Both cameras function similarly and use the same film; yet Instax has better reviews and is cheaper. The 8S has a few extra bells and whistles: a clip-on lens for close-up pictures, light/dark and indoor/outdoor settings, the mirror on the front of the camera, and two shutter buttons for either landscape or portrait photographs. Also, the lithium batteries are not hard to find for sale online; I haven't had to replace ours yet, but we know that availability and price would afford on inconvenience.
I have loved it; it was perfect for the party and I still use it frequently. The film is fairly inexpensive, so we continue to use it. The pictures are the size of a credit card with white borders, and the camera comfortably fits in a small purse. On our honeymoon, the good quality allowed us to take pictures of us in front of landmarks and beautiful areas. Also, a little mirror resides on the front of the camera to facilitate quick self-portraits, which can be taped later into journals as keepsakes. Learning which lighting settings work best in certain conditions took some trial and error, but every picture turned out vintage-y and fun, so no film was wasted.
One last word on durability: I didn't have the wrist strap around my arm and accidentally dropped the camera on a ceramic-tiled floor. The film flew out of the back of the camera, but nothing broke off or dented. The camera still looks great and functions optimally, and I only lost the top film, the rest of the cartridge still printed great pictures. That was a while ago, and I haven't had any problems at all!
1616 comments| 2,439 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 3, 2016
I got this for our wedding photo guest book! It worked great and was super user friendly! Everyone loved using it!

Please let me know if this was helpful!
review imagereview image
55 comments| 232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 4, 2018
Bought this for my 6 year old for Christmas and she loves it. So excited. Was taking pictures of everything. I did notice the quality isn't what we are used to but we are used to HD photos and 4K tvs. Just remember you won't get that out of this product.

My daughter, like most 6 year olds, has used tablets and cell phones and all the things. She can't figure out how to turn this camera on. It's super simple (at least to me, I have a DSLR. Push the little button on the front that opens the lens and it will turn on. I haven't told her yet because then she will just blow through all of her film in a hot minute but just in case anyone gets stuck.

Just for accessory suggestions. I really wanted to put the clear fitted case Katia Camera Case Bag for Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera , also for Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera with Strap - Shining Transparent over the camera because I'm handing it to a 6 year old. I kept reading reviews about how the camera with that fitted case on it will not fit into the leather bags Fujifilm Instax mini 9/8 Camera bag,hellohelio classic Vintage PU Leather Instax Camera Compact Case For Fujifilm Instax Mini 9/8 /8+Instant Film Camera (mint) that are made for it so I needed another solution. I went ahead and ordered the plastic case and then I ordered this bag Katia Instant Mini 9 Zipper Universal Camera Case for Fujifilm Instax Mini 8/ 70/ 9/ 7s/ 25/ 50s/ 90/ 26/ Camera and Accessories with Shoulder Strap (Peacock) and it's PERFECT! The camera fits inside no problem and there's still room for extra film and a couple extra batteries.
on July 13, 2017
I had bought this camera for my GF sister and shes loves it. it was a great buy and the pictures come out awesome. just like the old polaroids did. the tracking info is the only thing i have to say was a little misinformed or not up to date. Since this Product came from Japan, I checked every other day only to find the same result. However with that said my package came a week early then predicted. Sastisfied customer here :)
on June 3, 2016
Polaroid type film. What a super fun come-back!!! I’ve only taken a few pictures but I am very pleased with the outcome. Outside photos are better then inside (so far anyway). Haven’t experimented with all the settings yet.
Just remember they will not be what you may print from a Nikon, etc., or your iPhone, but the whole idea is just great fun!
I ordered (and received) the raspberry color but it’s more of a coral. Still pretty though.
I would recommend purchasing.
Enjoy!!
on December 5, 2016
This camera is just awesome! I love it so much and the price it totally worth it. The whole style of the camera is amazing and simple. I love the vibrant colors and the sizes of the photos are perfect. Just beware everyone will want a picture so use your film wisely! Some things I wish it had was maybe a little compartment for the film (not sure how that would be designed or possible) and something to let you know how much battery it had left. I mean I could guess and just change them every so often, but that seems like a waste to me. It's also important how far you are away from taking the pictures because sometimes they come out really really dark if your far away. But it does tell you in the directions to stay close. I'm also a little confused on the photo settings and if they actually work, but I'm not a big camera person so I'm sure it's doing something I'm just not noticing a difference between settings. I would definitely recommend this camera! It also got to me very quickly which was awesome! I take this thing everywhere I go now :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.