Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

10,371
Color: White|Style: Base|Change

Showing 1-10 of 9,634 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10,371 reviews
on June 15, 2015
Absolutely awesome, took this to Africa, and was so nice to give something like a photo instead of them giving...buy it!! This woman in Samburu village had never really seen herself..beautiful...she's holding the photo I took with this camera!
review image
5959 comments| 4,664 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2016
Tips for Taking Photos with Instax Mini!

1. take good care of the camera i.e it shouldn’t be jostled or dropped because THE LENS circle thing WILL FALL OFF. You can stick it back on but there’s always a little risk involved, the first time the lens fell off I nearly got a heart attack.
2. never, ever take a photo in sucky lighting (ex. Our house which is lighted purely by incandescent lamps) In fact limit indoor photos unless it’s an extremely special/candid moment that can’t be replaced. Don’t lie to yourself and think “it’ll turn out good anyway” Nuh uh
3. Always pay attention to the dial and turn it. I’ve had photos come out as yellowish blanks because someone forgot to turn the dial
4. do not play around with the dial and think you can judge what setting is best for the weather…the camera really is most accurate.
5. Try to wear light colored clothing. Not white because the flash will react badly. Not dark/black clothing because the background of the picture (ESPECIALLY if indoors) darkens naturally and you can “Fade” into the background.
6. Selfies are always best with natural light. If not, and you’re taking a selfie with a friend, remember that the person holding the camera (and therefore closest to it) is more likely to get a little bit whited out (not a lot, but a little) than the other person.
7. The lens can hold a surprising amount of space/number of people in one photo. This means that if for example, you’re taking a photo of a big group of people, you don’t have to back up as much as you think. If you do their faces will have less focus. Don’t be afraid to close up a little bit. (referring here to horizontal photos of course)
8. The camera can take very nice photos both vertically and horizontally. Vertically is better for portraits and closeups and is very flexible. Horizontal, however, can get you a beautiful “slice of life” feel, when you want to focus not only on the people but the background and scenery.
9. The paper/material the photo is printed on is thick, white, and has a little space under the photo itself for you to write something. ALWAYS write with a thin pen Sharpie. Normal pens, ballpens, ink pens whatever bleed and smudge and look plain nasty.

So maybe now you’re wondering….wow, this camera has a lot of limitations. Should I seriously get it?? And my answer….YES! Yes you should. The photos just feel so incredibly real. It’s like holding that moment in your hand. It’s so different from digital photos or even printing at Walgreens. You can look at a photo over and over again, and every time notice something good and different. It’s hard to explain, but these photos are so old timey and vivid, every one of these is like a breath of fresh air. And another thing…EVERYONE loves instant cameras….I met my cousins for the first time this winter, and I honestly feel like we really bonded over this. Every time you take a new photo, everybody hovering around like “how’d it turn out??” and you get to watch it develop (extremely interesting.) It only takes a minute for the photo to develop, but a few more for the colors to really pop.
So yes….Get it. Make sure to watch a couple YouTube tips/reviews/demo vids and be sparing with the pictures, they ARE pricey!!
review image review image review image
44 comments| 1,441 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
Love my camera ... Easy to use, perfect for capturing any moment worth remembering. Very cute color... Overall a great product
review image review image
33 comments| 885 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2016
I got this for our wedding photo guest book! It worked great and was super user friendly! Everyone loved using it!

Please let me know if this was helpful!
review image review image
33 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2015
I love the camera, just like how imagine it would be and it came wayyyyyyy fast. Arrived at the same time my case arrived.
review image
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2016
I love these little cameras! I have gifted two of them already to some friends, and they are equally as in love with them!

The blue color displayed in the photos is identical to the actual color of the camera. So far, my friends have had no complaints regarding how well the cameras work. Mine is a different color, but since that's just a cosmetic difference, I'll give my personal opinion of my camera.

Ease of Use: 4/5 This camera is SO easy to use. While the gist of it is "point and shoot", you may find that your photos are slightly un-centered and off to the left if you solely rely on viewing through the viewfinder. A helpful tip I've mentioned to my girlfriends is that when you think your photo is centered perfectly, adjust your camera ever so slightly to the right, and they will turn out beautifully! Also, make sure to adjust the lighting settings to whatever the camera prompts you to select. If you forget to do this, your photos will almost definitely turn out too dark, or overexposed - and film is NOT cheap!

Set Up: 5/5 Super easy to set up. Literally all you do is insert the included batteries. Reading the instructions is very helpful when you're inserting your film for the first time, so make sure you don't throw them away!

Price for Quality: 5/5 This camera is worth every penny. It's the cheapest by far on Amazon. While it's also sold at Michael's and Urban Outfitters, they'll charge you upwards of $100/$200, when you can easily buy it online for less. This camera is an investment. Buying film will be the most costly part of owning it, but if you hunt around and compare prices, you can easily find packs of film that save you a few bucks.

I adore this camera. Since owning it, I've found that I'm much more selective when taking photos. I won't just take pictures of random things anymore since the film only comes in packs of 10 sheets. I love that the photos print right away, and they're so easy to display and give to people. My camera is always a hit at parties and when we're on vacations. It saves me from having to use up my phone battery while constantly taking pictures, which is definitely a plus! It's very small, and not at all a nuisance to carry around. I purchased a case for it, and have purchased the same cases as an included gift with their cameras. I definitely recommend buying yourself a case and an attachable selfie mirror to go along with this camera!
on October 11, 2015
It was blood gold! Takes damn good photos.
review image
11 comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2016
Wasted a pack of 60 films with this camera, tried everything, it just wont develop!
review image
33 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2016
I had a Poloroid camera as a kid that I loved, so I decided to give this one a try. The pictures are slim and smaller than the old school instant cameras. The picture quality is heavily based on which light setting you select. The fickle lighting setting is truly the only downside the the camera, but after some practice I have gotten better at selecting the right setting.
on March 28, 2016
I must've received a bad camera or film pack, because all my pictures are coming out way too dark, even if the picture was taken in broad daylight. Incredibly disappointed.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.