Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White)..." and save 28% off the $69.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- New slimmer and lighter body
- Works with Fuji INSTAX Film and performs best with Polaroid AA batteries
- Automatic exposure measurement. The camera signals the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED. This helps capture the perfect photo every time.
- New High-Key mode - Take brighter pictures with a soft look - perfect for portraits.
- New improved viewfinder for greater clarity and visibility.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
|Instant Film||Fujifilm Instant Color Film "instax mini"|
|Picture size||62 x 46mm|
|Shooting range / Focusing range||0.6m - ∞|
|Shutter speed||1/60 sec.|
|Exposure control||Manual switching system (LED indicator in exposure meter)|
|Flash||Constant firing flash (automatic light adjustment) Recycle time: 0.2 sec. to 6 sec. (when using new batteries), Effective flash range: 0.6m - 2.7 m|
|Power Supply||Two LR6/AA-size 1.5V alkaline batteries Capacity: 10 film packs (based on our company research)|
|Others||Exposure counter (number of unexposed films), film pack confirmation window|
|Dimensions & Weight||116mm x 118.3mm x 68.2mm / 307g (without batteries, strap and film pack)|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Film Format Type||instant|
|Item Dimensions||5.5 x 5 x 3 inches|
|Item Display Weight||10.8 ounces|
|Item Weight||1.15 pounds|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Minimum Focal Length||0 mm|
|Shipping Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Viewfinder Type||optical viewfinder|
Compare to similar items
This item Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||ABI Brothers USA||Quality Photo||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 3 x 5.5 in||5 x 3 x 5.5 in||2.8 x 5.5 x 4.9 in||5.25 x 5.75 x 3 in||9 x 7 x 7 in||0.98 x 4.72 x 2.95 in|
|Item Weight||1.15 lbs||0.8 lb||0.78 lb||1.1 lbs||2 lbs||7.58 ounces|
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (White) is a compact instant film camera that uses the Fujifilm Instax Mini type film to produce instant credit card-sized prints. The Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 features a Fujinon 60mm lens that is capable of focusing close to 2 ft. Its built-in flash provides additional light for exposures especially working in low-light conditions. The automatic exposure control ensures consistently accurate exposures in a variety of lighting conditions. The Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 uses two AA batteries as its power source.Features: Brightness adjustment dial:The Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 automatically determines the best brightness for taking a picture and informs you of the suitable setting by lighting the corresponding lamp. Turn the brightness adjustment dial to the position (mark) of the lit lamp.You can take a high-key photo easily: Setting the brightness adjustment dial to the high-key mode mark allows you to take pictures with a softer impression.Accepts Fujifilm Instax Instant FilmProduces Credit Card-Sized PrintsFujinon 60mm f/12.7 LensOptical 0.37x Real Image ViewfinderAuto Exposure with Manual SwitchingBuilt-In FlashAA Battery Power
Top customer reviews
1. take good care of the camera i.e it shouldn’t be jostled or dropped because THE LENS circle thing WILL FALL OFF. You can stick it back on but there’s always a little risk involved, the first time the lens fell off I nearly got a heart attack.
2. never, ever take a photo in sucky lighting (ex. Our house which is lighted purely by incandescent lamps) In fact limit indoor photos unless it’s an extremely special/candid moment that can’t be replaced. Don’t lie to yourself and think “it’ll turn out good anyway” Nuh uh
3. Always pay attention to the dial and turn it. I’ve had photos come out as yellowish blanks because someone forgot to turn the dial
4. do not play around with the dial and think you can judge what setting is best for the weather…the camera really is most accurate.
5. Try to wear light colored clothing. Not white because the flash will react badly. Not dark/black clothing because the background of the picture (ESPECIALLY if indoors) darkens naturally and you can “Fade” into the background.
6. Selfies are always best with natural light. If not, and you’re taking a selfie with a friend, remember that the person holding the camera (and therefore closest to it) is more likely to get a little bit whited out (not a lot, but a little) than the other person.
7. The lens can hold a surprising amount of space/number of people in one photo. This means that if for example, you’re taking a photo of a big group of people, you don’t have to back up as much as you think. If you do their faces will have less focus. Don’t be afraid to close up a little bit. (referring here to horizontal photos of course)
8. The camera can take very nice photos both vertically and horizontally. Vertically is better for portraits and closeups and is very flexible. Horizontal, however, can get you a beautiful “slice of life” feel, when you want to focus not only on the people but the background and scenery.
9. The paper/material the photo is printed on is thick, white, and has a little space under the photo itself for you to write something. ALWAYS write with a thin pen Sharpie. Normal pens, ballpens, ink pens whatever bleed and smudge and look plain nasty.
So maybe now you’re wondering….wow, this camera has a lot of limitations. Should I seriously get it?? And my answer….YES! Yes you should. The photos just feel so incredibly real. It’s like holding that moment in your hand. It’s so different from digital photos or even printing at Walgreens. You can look at a photo over and over again, and every time notice something good and different. It’s hard to explain, but these photos are so old timey and vivid, every one of these is like a breath of fresh air. And another thing…EVERYONE loves instant cameras….I met my cousins for the first time this winter, and I honestly feel like we really bonded over this. Every time you take a new photo, everybody hovering around like “how’d it turn out??” and you get to watch it develop (extremely interesting.) It only takes a minute for the photo to develop, but a few more for the colors to really pop.
So yes….Get it. Make sure to watch a couple YouTube tips/reviews/demo vids and be sparing with the pictures, they ARE pricey!!
I have loved it; it was perfect for the party and I still use it frequently. The film is fairly inexpensive, so we continue to use it. The pictures are the size of a credit card with white borders, and the camera comfortably fits in a small purse. On our honeymoon, the good quality allowed us to take pictures of us in front of landmarks and beautiful areas. Also, a little mirror resides on the front of the camera to facilitate quick self-portraits, which can be taped later into journals as keepsakes. Learning which lighting settings work best in certain conditions took some trial and error, but every picture turned out vintage-y and fun, so no film was wasted.
One last word on durability: I didn't have the wrist strap around my arm and accidentally dropped the camera on a ceramic-tiled floor. The film flew out of the back of the camera, but nothing broke off or dented. The camera still looks great and functions optimally, and I only lost the top film, the rest of the cartridge still printed great pictures. That was a while ago, and I haven't had any problems at all!