Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 19, 2016
Arrived fast. Has automatic flash so sometimes the picture comes out a little over exposed. You cannot turn the flash off. It appears depending on the lighting so if you want more control over that I suggest not getting any of these past models. However, it does have the lighten and darken setting which helps with exposure. It takes a little mastery for beginners but it is still a lot of fun. Pictures turn out nice quality with still a vintage feel to them. It is also very cute and fits in a nice side purse. Comes with Batteries that might be a little difficult to find in stores but there are cheaper alternatives online. Instructions also came in english.

I do like it a lot!!
3 helpful votes
on June 1, 2010
Initially I had purchased the instax mini 7s from amazon and I really liked it, but the size and weight of the camera had always bothered me. Because this camera, the instax 25, uses 2 cr2 batteries instead of 4 AA batteries like the instax 7s its much smaller and lighter. I'm able to fit this camera in the instax bags you find on ebay with 2 extra packs of film whereas with the 7s i could only fit the camera due to its size.

Also when the 25 is used outside, the flash does not fire which is a definite plus when you dont want washed out photos. This camera also comes with a closeup lens which enables you to take close pictures without having to get too close. This camera also comes with an extra shutter button on the side of the camera in case you want to take pictures horizontally instead of vertically. The camera also comes with a feature that lets you either take lighter or darker photos. You can also control the flash somewhat by choosing whether you want the flash to be strong and highlight the background of the photo or you can switch it to landscape mode where i think it doesnt flash at all(not exactly sure because ive only used this option outside in bright light and the flash doesnt go off).

In order to really enjoy and appreciate these instant cameras you have to take a step back and appreciate them for what they are. Of course you can take a thousand pictures with a digital camera and print out 4x6 photos for 5 cents each, whereas each picture you take with the instax minis cost around 75 cents each, but its the appeal of having a photo seconds after you take it, and with these cameras each picture you take is one of a kind.
review image
555 helpful votes
556 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on February 3, 2014
Cells phones were not allowed at the 8th grade dance (which to my picture snapping niece was the end of the world) so I got her this Fujifilm Instax MINI. And it was the HIT OF THE DANCE. The kids were amazed and fascinated, The adults were nostalgic because it brought back fond memories of Polaroids.

As for the camera itself, it is sturdy but still light, and once you decipher the Japanese "instruction" icons, loading the film into the camera is easy and stress free. Picture quality isn't the greatest, but good enough for kids. The film can get expensive, especially if you buy the novelty film with rainbow colors, stars, and smiley faces, but it is worth it to see the dumbfounded look on the kid's faces when a hard-copy print pops out of the camera.
on July 29, 2016
I bought the black Mini 25 and am very pleased with the camera as well as my purchase. The camera was package in original packaging, came with instructions, batteries, and a wrist strap. The camera is super easy to use, and it's the funnest thing. I have been been using it for over 2 months now, and I haven't had problems with the camera or battery consumption.
P.S. My friend has the Mini 8, I love that I can usually get a better photo with my camera due to the options of flash +/- lighten or darken modes.
on February 14, 2016
I have really enjoyed this camera for occasional use. I use it for my pocket scrapbooking pages. However the instructions were not in English, so I had to figure it out on my own. It wasn't too hard, but that was a downer. This is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. Also the film is a bit expensive. The pictures are lower quality as you would expect from an instant camera. I find I rarely use it because of the cost of film. I don't recommend this for a regular camera. More for a fun occasional use.
on May 13, 2014
Very easy to use and set up. I also reviewed a tutorial on line. this is one cute camera and you'll love it if you were a kid in the late 60's/70's with polaroids. New funky fresh take on the polaroid type camera. Love that it has a little mirror on the front for selfies! Has a window which shows how much film is left and you can pick your exposure light to dark. Pictures are about the size of a credit card and come out pretty nice. Don't expect the quality of a SLR or digital type camera. This is meant to be what it is - a fun camera. Comes with a strap to attach and 2 CR batteries. The film isn't cheap, but it's a novelty type camera and you expect that. I do wish it at least came with a 10 pack of film.
on July 5, 2015
I purchased this to use for my daughters wedding. Bought it early to try it out used it once and it seemed fine. Wedding weekend this weekend took two pictures and stopped working all together. Tried changing the batteries still not working. It was to be used for her guest book. We had purchased props and 200 sheets of film. Very disappointed. Now I have a broken camera I can't return and useless film.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 12, 2013
This camera is perfect for trips, parties, and really any thing that you would love to have a portable memory of. The pictures are credit card sized and are actually pretty cool because you can fit them into your wallet, but just as easily combine them for a collage or scrapbook or something. Every single place I've brought this thing, it's been a hit, and people love taking instant pictures that they can carry around with them everywhere. Almost like a portable photo booth, but B.Y.O.P. (Bring Your Own Props). The only downside to this camera is that if you use it a whole lot, the film packs can get pretty expensive, and they sort of fluctuate on pricing from time to time. But hey, if a picture is worth a thousand words, then the memories made from the pictures are absolutely priceless!
on May 20, 2013
Perfect for my trip. I would recommend this item to anyone! People all comment on how cute the size of the pictures are (credit card sized). The camera is not compact, but the pictures are so perfect, I didnt mind carrying it around in my bag during my vacation in Tokyo. I will never travel anywhere again with out this, perfect for scrap booking and catching instant memories.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on October 13, 2016
Bought this for my sister when polaroid style film was getting popular again. She really enjoyed the camera and actually got a couple pretty cool looking photos with it. It works well for what it is. Sure you don't have much control over the shot but that was the beauty of polaroid - it's simplicity! Overall a good product, but beware the film can be pricey!