Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 224 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 235 reviews
on September 9, 2013
UPDATE 07/20/2015 Still working great, I rotate it with the one that came with the camera. I think it is real.

UPDATE 05/21/2014 Still working just fine, see not difference between the one that came with the camera and this one. Will update again when someone likes my review and I am reminded to update it.

As many review say this might be fake. Maybe I should have bought the Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Fujifilm NP-50, BC-50, BC-45W and Fuji FinePix F50FD, F60FD, F70EXR, F75EXR, F80EXR, F85EXR, F100FD, F200EXR, F300EXR, F305EXR, F500EXR, F505EXR, F550EXR, F600EXR, F605EXR, F660EXR, F665EXR, F750EXR, F770EXR... as I have had good luck with many of their other batteries, and they would be Wasabi not counterfeit. Well only time will tell as my OEM battery that came with my camera which is two months old will be rotated with this one until one dies.

I will report back any problems and if I can how many pictures each battery takes before turning off.

My battery was "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" not a third party seller. I stay away from third party sellers.

The Wasabi and this were a hard choice, I really only need two batteries at a time so when these two Fuji die I will test out the Wasabi.

Only buy direct from Amazon, on these OEM batteries to avoid fake. The Wasabi has a good rep and I have used them for other items. Do not waste your money on other brands when you can get these at a great price.
When it comes to digital cameras, a spare or backup battery can often be the best investment you can make. If you've ever been caught in the middle of shooting and seen that dreaded 'low battery' indicator come on, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

The Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery is listed as being the correct one for a wide variety of cameras. Because of a less than satisfactory experience that I had with a 'compatible' cell a few years ago, decided to stick with a couple of these OEM versions as backups.

The battery life for my new Fujifilm X20 is listed in the specs as being approximately 270 frames, as noted in my review of the camera. But if you're a heavy user, especially if you have the camera configured for performance shooting, you may find that you get somewhere between 190 and 220 actual shots. During one session taking rapid sequence shots, the battery warning indicator came on at ~150 shots. This is not surprising for this or many other digital cameras, but the reason for having a spare or two is obvious.

Luckily this battery is the same one that came with my older Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR, which is still in service as a pocketable spare, and frequently my foul weather camera. This 3.7V/1000mAh rechargeable Li‑Ion cell is a good one, and from prior experience, it's a long-lasting battery.

The Fujifilm NP-50 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery is the correct one for the X10 and X20, along with a number of other cameras and including some from other manufacturers. In any case, it's highly recommended that you get a good spare battery for whichever camera you may have.

5/1/2013
I realize there are slightly cheaper off-brand batteries that claim to have slightly higher mAh ratings, but an extensive search of online reviews confirmed my suspicion that there isn't really a dramatic performance advantage no matter which battery you choose. In fact, there's a good chance many of these different NP-50 clones all come from the same factory. However, given that batteries can explode or leak, why take the chance on one of the off-brands? The Fuji OEM battery is surprisingly affordable and works great. In my Fuji X20, this battery had enough power for 275 - 300 photos plus 10 minutes of full HD video. I find that very acceptable for such a small battery. In addition to the one that came packaged with my X20, I bought one spare. With two of these batteries total, I'm set for a very full day of shooting--plenty for an enthusiastic amateur like myself.
66 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2013
I ordered a Fujifilm NP-50 battery in which I thought would be a genuine Fuji battery to only find out that it was a fake, knock off Fujifilm branded package. It didn't even look anything like the original battery that came with my Fuji X20. I'm very disappointed in Amazon for selling fake knocks off their website.

Buyer Beware! DO NOT use these batteries in your camera as they are not real Fuji batteries and could explode or ruin your camera.

If the battery is $15.99, DO NOT buy. Order a Fuji NP-50 battery from a reputable retail store like B&H photo or Adorama. Don't buy it from Amazon. However, if the battery is around $30 it is most likely a genuine Fujifilm battery.

UPDATE(8/21/2013):

I told Amazon about the problem and they did a instant refund and paid to return the knock off battery to Amazon. I knew Amazon would pull through as they don't like people selling knock off's on their website.

I then ordered another battery which is sold by Amazon LLC, so I know this time around, it will be a genuine Fujifilm Battery. After I receive the new battery and if its genuine, I'll change my rating and review the actual battery.

UPDATE (8/29/2013)

I have received the Fuji NP-50 battery from Amazon LLC and it came in a black retail Fujifilm box, and it came with documentation inside the box. Not even close to the battery I ordered the first time through "Good As New Electronics". The one I ordered from Amazon LLC is in fact a genuine OEM battery from Fujifilm and is an exact match to the one that came with my Fuji X20 camera. ONLY buy this battery through reputable stores like Amazon LLC or Adorama. DO NOT buy it from "Good As New Electronics" Or "EXCELTSHOTS". At the time of writing this, It appears Amazon has removed EXCELTSHOTS from their list of merchants. They should do the same with "Good As New Electronics" because they sold me a knock off Fuji battery.

Overall, I am very happy with Amazon taking care of the problem and giving me an instant refund for the knock off battery. This is why Amazon is the best place to shop!
review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 7, 2015
I have my doubts that this is actually an OEM Fujifilm brand battery. The ones I received do not match the images here and though packed under the Fuji name, they do not appear at all like the Fuji NP-50 batteries packed with my cameras.Also, on the fold out instructions/warnings papers included, they listed the name as NP-60 rather than NP-50. In addition, they were not packaged like original NP-50 Fujifilm batteries I have purchased direct from Fuji dealers. The box says Fuji Photo Film on it. The batteries say Fujifilm. So I could be wrong, but they definitely do not match the other Fujifilm batteries I have purchased from Fuji or Fuji dealers. So, hard to be sure, but the price is low and so far they seem to be working OK.
on May 23, 2014
I followed the advice of another reviewer and made sure to purchase this replacement battery direct from Amazon, not from a third party seller. The battery I received is an exact replacement for the battery that originally came in my camera. It is not the battery pictured, it is a Fujifilm NP-50 3.6V 1000mAh Lithium Ion battery. Buy with confidence directly from Amazon. It is worth perhaps paying a little more to be sure you will receive what you paid for.
on April 28, 2017
I felt I needed a back up battery. This looked identical to the one that came with my Fuji camera...I felt it was affordable. So far I am very pleased.
on May 26, 2014
I bought two of these as extra power supplies for two waterproof Fuji XP-series cameras we have for water-sports trips. I charged them at home twice (recommended) on a 110A/C outlet charger before heading off to a remote island off the coast of Belize that only had solar-powered 12volt DC supply. Over nine days, we shot over 2500 photos on snorkeling, scuba, and sea kayaking excursions. The batteries lasted just as long as the OEM battery supplied with the Fuji cameras, so they must be the real deal (not false packaging). They seemed to recharge at about the same speed, and worked just as well in all conditions. A great value at the price I paid for them.
on October 1, 2015
This battery is a perfect exact match to the battery that came in my camera. I can no longer tell them apart. It functions perfectly, even after going through my washing machine once.... or that could have been the original one.... I really dont know. But I expected a dead battery when it came out the dryer and after charging it was fully functional! If i ever do manage to kill one of the two batteries i carry i would definitely come back here to buy a replacement!
on December 1, 2016
Nice to have an extra battery. It's a good product.