Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on May 30, 2016
I went to Hawaii last weekend and needed a waterproof camera to take pictures while I was in the water at the beach. The camera works exactly how it's described, and it's very simple to work with. Not a lot of places these days develops films and film cameras; what I did was went to Walmart and they sent out the camera to another place, then brought it back within 3-4 business days. That cost me $10, which is not that bad. I know Costco and CVS does the same thing. If you want to take pictures in water without using your phone or camera with a waterproof case, this is a perfect thing to get!
on August 3, 2016
I used this camera for my snorkeling and sailing vacation. I needed a camera to get some cool underwater shots when I went to Puerto Rico to snorkel and sail. The directions were not clear on how to use the camera but I figured it out. Under the water, the pictures were relatively clear but not the best. I did get some really good pics of "dory" fish and few clown fish. I wasted 3 pictures in the beginning figuring out how to use the camera but besides that, I would recommend for simple underwater shots. I would use again if I ever snorkel again.
on October 20, 2017
Quick story: My girl and I bought this in anticipation of a "Scuba" thing we found on Groupon, so we bought this to take pictures of all the fishies and algae and what have you's. We get to the place for our gear and then head out towards the beach. What we did not anticipate on was 1) how far we would actually have to swim out 2) you never really know the true strength of waves until you try swimming against them and 3) there was no fish we could see at our location.

I basically had this thing around a cheap lanyard we got from the scuba place which was also holding our locker key. After a big wave hit us though, I went tumbling under water and lost the lanyard. However, the camera was right next to me, floating in the water. I was actually pretty joyful about that. We still had film to use after that lame-a** day and they come out fairly well. So if you see it as a deal or just need a cheap underwater camera this one is definitely suitable for any use... just make sure you have something good to hang it off of.

P.S. Walmart is one of the only places they will take this film. Just make sure its dry because you will need to put it in an envelope for it to be sent off for developing.
on December 5, 2017
Bought the Safeways water proof case for my iPhone but it would NOT seal so I am thankful I bought a couple of these to snap pics of the GB Reef and fishes and sharks that we got to see while there. Pics came out pretty decent but lighting plays a big role. If you are photographing closer to the surface they will be fine but if the water is cloudy or it's darker, they are not so great. Wish there was a zoom option but no such luck. Overall better to have it than not.
on October 25, 2016
Works good but get the disk option for the pictures as all portable underwater cameras need post processing to get the colors out. Even the FUJIs, which have better than average colors. And much cheaper than the best $350 digital TG-4. I used up 2-27 shot cameras and still wished for more as fish move and you will need multiple shots.

Although if you always go on vacations and take lots of underwater shots, get the TG-4; you may never re-visit the same place.
on December 19, 2015
I've used thee cameras before with great success, but this time my pictures turned out horribly. The photo lab says it was a camera issue. It may have been a photo lab issue. I don't know. What I do know is that the water in Grand Turk was vivid shades of blue, and my photos look green and grey. I don't know that I'll buy one of these cameras again. I may just take a chance on one of the waterproof digitals.
on May 31, 2012
Used this camera in a snorkeling escapade where the sun was really, really bright. The photos were taken approximately from depths ranging from above water-3 feet deep. All of the photos lack really good sharpness, clarity and are somewhat fuzzy. If you can remember the 35mm camera taking days you will understand exactly what to expect.

These photos represent that cheaper rolls of 200 speed film that one could buy for their 35mm cameras back then. If you recall the absence of crispness, detail and such...then you know exactly what i am talking about. For that is how all of my photos turned out.

Slightly below average photos. If you were going to take a bunch of photos i would suggest buying a cheaper, compact digital camera and one of the waterproof pouches that allow for taking of pictures underwater. A digital camera that does not have the telescopic lens would be ideal in these type bags.

By the time you purchase 3 of these cameras and have the pictures developed at $10.00 per, you have already spent enough money to purchase a small compact digital camera.

Chris
Eastern NC
on December 26, 2014
Camera took excellent pics during our last trip to Hawaii earlier this year. We went snorkeling in fairly clear waters - pictures came out great! Easy to use, hardly any were blury...except for fish that darted away too fast. I would say 90% of the pics came out great! Also takes great pics out of the water - waterproof case is sturdy and secure. Word of caution - have airport security hand-check this item since the x-ray machine you put your carry-ons through may disturb the film. Once through wasn't horrible, but the 2nd time around I had them hand-check it because I was told higher speed films are at risk of being damaged by the x-rays. Better to be safe than sorry! Would definitely buy this again.
on July 2, 2014
I love that these things come with a wrist wrap and are waterproof so you can wear them out into the water. They take good pictures and work well under water or out of water. The only things I don't like are that the picture windows get dirty easily which can make a picture blurry and that you can't see how the picture looks until it's developed. Other than that, these are really fun and seeing what shots you got when you develop them is part of the fun. Plus, you don't have to worry about losing your real camera in the water.
on November 22, 2014
Used these while snorkeling in Hawaii. Got them developed and didn't get a single photo worth keeping. Most of them were extremely dark and grainy despite being in the bright, clear, perfect Hawaiian water. Almost like I took a photo of a sanded piece of dark gray construction paper. The most disappointing part was that I obviously can't retake these photos and now have zero photos of my snorkeling experience when I expected to have dozens. I have used other brands of underwater cameras in the past that worked great, so I was especially bummed by how terrible these were.