Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 645 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 745 reviews
on May 30, 2016
I went to Hawaii last weekend and needed a waterproof camera to take pictures while I was in the water at the beach. The camera works exactly how it's described, and it's very simple to work with. Not a lot of places these days develops films and film cameras; what I did was went to Walmart and they sent out the camera to another place, then brought it back within 3-4 business days. That cost me $10, which is not that bad. I know Costco and CVS does the same thing. If you want to take pictures in water without using your phone or camera with a waterproof case, this is a perfect thing to get!
on January 19, 2017
Took a trip to Puerto Rico and went scuba diving, it was wonderful to be able to see the results of my trip afterwards. The capability of taking a picture underwater of animals and lifelike scenes is surreal. The photos produced from the camera is what you would typically expect from any Fuji disposable camera. It is just nice to capture that moment and be able to save it as is. As far as the durability and waterproof nature, it is as marketed. Durable and works without any issues.
on August 10, 2017
I really enjoyed this camera. I had to purchase one of these for a photography class in college. I ended up being the only one to actually get a underwater camera, and then not even use it for that purpose. I did however test it, and learned the photos I wanted to take really just turned out pretty mugged, due to poor water quality, and how hard it is to actually get a decent picture of something underwater.
A side note to all of this, is that the color seemed really neutral and de-saturated for most of my pictures. I am use to using Panasonic GH4 for everything, and that came a huge shock. I actually really enjoyed it and it helped me learn a bunch about film negatives. I plan on buying this in the future and expanding on this!
on November 4, 2012
I snapped up this disposable waterproof camera to get some underwater photos while in the Great Barrier Reef. In hindsight, I later saw someone on my boat with one of the waterproof camera bags, and might try this next time with an older digital camera - but that point being separate, I was pretty satisfied with what I got for what is an $11-12 disposable camera. Considering that I was a couple of hours out into deep ocean, the photos I took of the coral reef and fish turned out pretty good, with at least a handful that were pretty sharp. I was surprised myself since there were pretty rough waves and I couldn't really stay still for more than a second. Of course, being bashed about by waves and trying to take photos, some are definitely not of much use, but I was pretty happy with most of what I got. For $11-12, I hardly expect the quality of a point-and-shoot digital camera, let alone an SLR. Make sure to use to included strap and to wind back the dial to the next exposure if you've never used a disposable before (Yup, that was me learning!)
on October 25, 2016
Works good but get the disk option for the pictures as all portable underwater cameras need post processing to get the colors out. Even the FUJIs, which have better than average colors. And much cheaper than the best $350 digital TG-4. I used up 2-27 shot cameras and still wished for more as fish move and you will need multiple shots.

Although if you always go on vacations and take lots of underwater shots, get the TG-4; you may never re-visit the same place.
on February 16, 2015
We used this underwater camera in Bora Bora. It worked great!

This camera does not have flash, so if you're doing underwater activities like snorkeling and other light water activities, this camera works perfect. In this case the lack of flash doesn't really matter as there's plenty of light at such shallow depths.

But if you're planning on going deep under water, then this is definitely not a good camera for you.

The film needs to be developed the old school way (take it to CVS or Costco). It's not HD and there's no memory stick options. Younger kids these days have no idea what I'm talking about.
on May 31, 2012
Used this camera in a snorkeling escapade where the sun was really, really bright. The photos were taken approximately from depths ranging from above water-3 feet deep. All of the photos lack really good sharpness, clarity and are somewhat fuzzy. If you can remember the 35mm camera taking days you will understand exactly what to expect.

These photos represent that cheaper rolls of 200 speed film that one could buy for their 35mm cameras back then. If you recall the absence of crispness, detail and such...then you know exactly what i am talking about. For that is how all of my photos turned out.

Slightly below average photos. If you were going to take a bunch of photos i would suggest buying a cheaper, compact digital camera and one of the waterproof pouches that allow for taking of pictures underwater. A digital camera that does not have the telescopic lens would be ideal in these type bags.

By the time you purchase 3 of these cameras and have the pictures developed at $10.00 per, you have already spent enough money to purchase a small compact digital camera.

Chris
Eastern NC
on July 29, 2014
Granted, it was not a super sunny day when I used this camera, but I did everything I could to get good pictures! I got up to about 3-4' from the fish on most pictures, yet the results look like I was MUCH farther away! The pictures are pretty cloudy too, although the water seemed pretty clear when I was taking the pictures. With photo editing software, I was able to intensify and clear the pictures a little, but if you need to count on clear pictures, spend the money for an actual underwater camera!
on December 19, 2015
I've used thee cameras before with great success, but this time my pictures turned out horribly. The photo lab says it was a camera issue. It may have been a photo lab issue. I don't know. What I do know is that the water in Grand Turk was vivid shades of blue, and my photos look green and grey. I don't know that I'll buy one of these cameras again. I may just take a chance on one of the waterproof digitals.
on May 4, 2017
It was hilarious to watch my daughter figure out how to use this but she was amazed when she finally got her photos back from CVS. It felt so strange going to the photo counter after all of these years of being digital. Reminded me of the 90s....sigh.