Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm Quick Snap Waterproof 35mm Single Use Camera (4 Pack) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Size: 4 Pack|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on October 22, 2009
Used these cameras to take snorkeling pics on The Big Island of Hawaii. For such a simple, low cost product applied for it's intended use it works really well (within limits). OK, it does not have a shutter speed adjustment so it won't work for all applications. 800 speed film is needed for the reduced lighting you deal with under water but there will be some level of graininess. The quality of your image will be limited by a) movement (yours and your subject's) b) available light, c) water clarity, d) water depth, e) distance to image.

From my (limited) experience the best results will be obtained shooting a non-moving subject on a bright sunny day in clear water at a depth of no more than 5-6 feet from no more than 5-6 feet from the camera. The more variables introduced, the lower quality of the picture. You can see some of my results in the user images that I posted (#15-20).

NOTE: Kodak has a special printing process for underwater photography marketed as "Sea Processing". It it's intended to improve the print quality by tweaking color, contrast and so on. I've seen some impressive results posted online. However, these were processed by Wolf Camera and are unaltered from what they delivered on the CD. I may end up sending my negatives in for Sea Processing but most of the pics were fine with the processing by Wolf.

So, under the right conditions you can take some nice pictures with this product, just be aware of the limitations ahead of time to avoid disappointment. :)
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 23, 2010
Based on other users' reviews, I purchased this camera and to save money did the four pack. I was on a Western Caribbean cruise with four stops and excursions all water related. One camera for each stop. The pictures came out wonderful even when the skies were overcast. The camera was easy to use and the rubber strap gave me the confidence that I wouldn't have to dive to find it on the bottom of the ocean.
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 13, 2014
I was going on a dive trip to Mexico and wanted to make sure I could get some of my own pictures. I read the reviews on Amazon and decided to purchase this camera. It worked, not every single photo turned out, depends on the debth you are diving, but I was at 50' feet and it the photos turned out, not perfect, alot of blue in the photo which will happen, it is a natural thing unless you are at the surface or 10 feet under. I also took some close up photos of my families decending and they were playful fun photos but up close with all their dive gear on. I duplicated them and mailed them off. If you don't have a the money to invest in a professional underwater camera and only vacation dive, I highly recommend this camera for the job. If you are deep and the camera won't wind, just accend a little and the underwater pressure will lessen then take your photos. If your dive boat offers video or clips...buy it as a backup.
on January 29, 2015
Good, not great. My wife and I took 4 of these cameras on our honeymoon to Tahiti. We were hoping to snap some great pictures underwater while snorkeling. I'd read some of these reviews, and knew that these were not guaranteed to take perfect pictures every time, but I thought it was worth the risk.

The Good: The cameras handled lots of time underwater. They did not leak and did not get destroyed. All 4 survived the entire trip. They are also easy to hold underwater.

The OK: The pictures. Out of the 120+ pictures we took, I'd say that about half come out so poorly that we had to toss them. Many were due to a lack of light. This may have been because we were snorkeling at less than ideal times of day with low sunlight. But still, that is a high percentage to throw out. Even the pictures that did not out weren't always the best. But again, I'd read the reviews and knew this was to be expected. Still didn't mean I was happy after the trip. We didn't get pictures of many cool animals and fish we saw - lion fish, an octopus, an eel, etc. No record of those :-( I've attached 3 sample pictures to my review from these cameras - 3 of the better ones. In great light, you can get fantastic pictures like the stingray picture and the school of fish deep in the water. The 3rd picture is a little foggy, but here is a fish in there.

The bad: Aiming these cameras. With snorkel gear on, you cannot look into the sight on the cameras. And since there is no screen, it really means you are aiming blindly. We had so many pictures that we missed our target on. And a lot more on which the fish was right in the corner of the shot. It is not easy to aim a camera while swimming in moving water, especially not knowing what you're aiming at.

Side note: Taking pictures with these cameras out of the water does give a cool instagram like effect - the pictures look like they're from the 1950s!

If I could go back, I would have purchased better underwater cameras. The pictures that we missed out on will soon be forgotten, which is a sad thought. If you don't want to miss out on any pictures, I recommend a better underwater camera.
review image review image review image
on June 25, 2014
I think that the negative reviews about these cameras are from people that don't understand cameras. This Camera has NO FLASH, therefore it needs bright light to take pictures. It is designed for days at the beach or pool - use it for that, and you will be happy! We bought the 4 pack, and the only pictures that didn't come out were from user error (we had two 8 year old girls taking pics as well)
on April 28, 2011
I used this camera while snorkeling in Turks and Caicos. Next time I'll buy waterproof housing for one of my digital cameras. These are horribly grainy. All the tricks I've tried to remove the grain leaves a very soft image. All the glorious details of the reef are lost. The only good images are those take above water or right at the surface, but they still have a vintage toy camera look, which is fine if you want ethereal, impressionistic images. Don't buy this thinking you'll capture the wonder of a coral reef.
on July 2, 2014
I love that these things come with a wrist wrap and are waterproof so you can wear them out into the water. They take good pictures and work well under water or out of water. The only things I don't like are that the picture windows get dirty easily which can make a picture blurry and that you can't see how the picture looks until it's developed. Other than that, these are really fun and seeing what shots you got when you develop them is part of the fun. Plus, you don't have to worry about losing your real camera in the water.
on September 3, 2014
Beware of the limited places that will process these cameras nowadays. Most places like Costco, Walmart, and Target do not process disposable camera's any longer.. I bought four of these for my daughter to take for summer camp. The picture quality is okay, but most are fuzzy. The cost of developing was very high. For what I spent on the cameras and developing, I should have bought a digital camera instead.
on December 19, 2013
We took these cameras on two snorkeling trips in the Caribbean. Sadly, out of 2 cameras, there were only 3 or 4 pictures that were clear. One entire camera produced only one clear photo, and that was taken from the boat prior to getting it wet. Everything after we got in the water was completely blurry. Very disappointing. Save your money. I spent plenty getting the film developed,& failed to get pictures of the beautiful coral in Grand Cayman.
on May 15, 2013
The cameras are good for a quick, easy and affordable way to take pictures in and around the water...quality of the photos underwater were blurry, even in the crystal clear water of the Caribbean...pictures taken outside of water were nice...which isn't what we got the cameras for. Unfortunately, one of the cameras somehow got damaged either during manufacture, shipping, or else where, and were not able to get these developed. Instead of getting all the photos developed and printed, I decided to get digital prints instead, so I could view and edit them on my computer before paying an arm and a leg for a bunch of blurry pics...glad I did. Even with getting just the digital copies of 3 cameras, I could have just bought a Coleman underwater digital camera for just a little more $ and would have been able to take a lot more pictures and probably better quality too.