Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 164 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 168 reviews
on December 5, 2011
This case is custom made for the Fujitsu SCANSNAP S1100 CLR 600DPI USB Mobile Scanner (PA03610-B005) --- very tight and convenient to travel --- and looks nothing like the Toiletry Kit pictured by Amazon. See my accompanying user pics to see what all the (5-star) fuss is about. The case is form fitting, including a rubber door through which you insert the USB cable to the left side of the S1100. The case lid folds open front and back so that the paper feed and exit are fully accessible without removing the scanner from the case --- very convenient and tidy anywhere. The sides of the case are stiff and protect the scanner from abuse. Velcro closes the case when you're done.

All in all, a sweet piece of kit if you can get past the price. However, it's probably worth it for the protection and peace of mind, and it gives the scanner a rugged, compact home away from home.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 14, 2014
Well this case is well made and it fits perfectly IF you have a S1100. I brought a ScanSnap iX100 and this is the only case available from Amazon so I thought I'd give it a try. This will NOT fit the iX100. The iX100 is about 2 mm longer and 2mm wider. The iX100 will cram into it but it will not seat properly and the cover will almost close but leaves the iX100 crooked. You can secure the top with the velcro but I wouldn't trust it. There is a Scansnap soft case for the iX100 from B&H photo but I like buying from Amazon so I'l wait till Amazon has it. ScanSnap really needs to market the hard case for the iX100. With the S1100 case you can connect and scan without ever taking the scanner from the case, real handy. Where's the iX100 version?
on January 16, 2015
I purchased this case for my recently acquired ScanSnap S1100i scanner. The case was listed by Amazon as an "S1100 Carrying Case".

At first, I was a bit concerned that Fujitsu had modified the form factor of the S1100i (offered originally in 2014) from that of its older ancestor, the S1100 (offered originally in 2011). Alas, my worries were unfounded as both scanners appear to have exactly the same dimensions -- and this case will work with both. This case fits the S1100i perfectly and snugly, with literally no room for movement. I'm shaking the scanner in the case as I write this review, and there is no movement within. Some reviewers are complaining that the case is too small and that, with the addition of the USB cable, the case is too small. I don't find that to be the case (pun intended) at all; if you coil the USB cable in long loops (the length of the case) then the USB cable fits perfectly within the case, with no case bulge. A small velcro patch secures the side of the case to the lid to prevent an accidental opening.

The case is made from a thick plasticky vinyl material with a textured cloth insert, but both materials appear to be of quality, and the case seems to be very well made, so I have no worries about it protecting my beloved scanner. The case has a nice in-hand feel and has a professional appearance. I've placed the scanner in my backpack with the rest of my gear, and it transports beautifully.

I continue to be blown away by how useful, portable, and well-designed the ScanSnap this little scanner is. And, with the addition of the case, I am confident that I'll be using this scanner for many, many years to come. Definitely a five-star purchase; I'm thoroughly satisfied.
on September 19, 2011
This is a very good case for the Scansnap S1100. I was a little concerned about the fairly high price until the item arrived and I could get a first-hand look. This is much more than simply a carrying case. There is an opening for the USB cable connection and a Velcro "flip up" closure allows you to use the scanner without removing it from the case. Right now it's sitting on the back corner of my desk plugged in to the computer. To scan something, I simply slide it in front of me, flip open the Velcro and scan away. The case keeps dust out of the scanner and when it's time to travel ... I goes right into the notebook case.
on August 27, 2016
This turned out to be more rugged than I expected. It makes sure that my S1100 doesn't get smacked around inside my computer bag, and has a little separate compartment or channel for storing the connecting cord. Once or twice before getting this, I'd get the scanner out only to find I'd left the cord at home. I also got a very compact self-coiling USB cord, and leave the longer OEM micro USB cord on my desk, so now I've got a fallback in case I lose a cord while out and about. There are even a little flap to connect the cord through without removing the scanner from the case. The front and back walls fold down to allow full functionality of the scanner. Surprisingly ingenious design.
I have had and loved the S1100 since it was launched. So far, I've been carrying it in my backpack when I travel by keeping it in a large zip plastic bag and a tiny one for the USB cable. They get crinkled and nasty looking. Once I traveled with no bag and the door broke off. Soooooo I finally broke down and got the case. It is the perfect solution and I should have done it from the beginning. It has a nice tray to sit in and a space behind to keep the cable. It's perfect and will simplify my life while taking up less space in the bag and keeping the device safer than a plastic bag.
on October 28, 2016
The design fits the ix100 well, but should you not wish to use the WPS/wireless capability of the unit and instead hook up via USB, the cable will need to be stored else where unless you have a very short edition. Wish they had left just another 1/2" worth of space in the design to store a USB cable with the carry case and the ix100. I guess they figured the USB cable would be kept with the laptop? The case itself is solid and ensures none of the buttons on the ix100 unit accidentally get hit/turned on when you won't want them too. Still happy with the purchase and would recommend.
on January 12, 2016
This carrying case fits so well that I never take my scanner out and honestly forget that it even has a carrying case. Super useful and definitely makes me feel better about taking my scanner places or just storing it in the closet in general. I would definitely recommend getting the case if you already have the scanner. Kinda interesting that they don't have a picture of the case but it is just a very well-fitted black box made out of plastic and with a vinyl/textile inset.
on April 24, 2013
7.8 ounces ; 11.0 x 1.8 x 3.1 inches ; Functional design - easily scan with S1100 still in the case - convenient. Most of the exterior has cloth texture for sure handling - stylish. Substantial case - heavy duty. Made by same company - fits like a glove. Also holds the USB cable. The 'Product Dimensions' listed by Amazon are not correct.
on October 1, 2013
OPERATIONAL:

1) I bought this Carry Case to protect my S1100 Scanner from dust & getting jossled around in my laptop bag. And it does a good job to do just that !! The case is a good design overall , but in the end, when they designed how the case will close and fasten, they cheapened it. This is the reason I knocked off a star...the cover fastener... IT's VELCRO !! As we all know after years of use the Velcro becomes less effective at staying connected together due to the "loop" strip getting matted down. They would have been far better off using a snap fastener.

2) It has a USB access port on the left side so you don't have to take the scanner out of the case. Nice touch... I've never used this feature but I could foresee a potential problem if you scan while in the case. And that is...there is (what can be best described as) a plastic flap that stands upright in front of the document exit. Since it is plastic and tends to be in the upright position most of the time, it tends to stay upright (since it's molded plastic) and thus, interfering with the document exit upon scanning & may cause a misfeed...

3) The above mentioned plastic flap does deserve a credit though... this plastic flap allows for the carrying of the 6ft USB cable that came with the scanner which is convenient.

The simple fact is, whatever you choose, you will need to protect your scanner especially if you are a road-warrior & carry it in a laptop bag or brief case. This is a necessity.