- Minimum RAM: 512 MB
Fujitsu ScanSnap S300 Color Mobile Scanner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Operates on USB bus power; one-year limited warranty
- Thumbnail viewer and drag-and-drop functionality for easy file management
- Optical Resolution of 600 dpi x 600 dpi; Compatible with Windows® 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional
- Color Mobile Scanner with ADF (Automatic Document Feeder)
- Instantly creates searchable PDF content from your scans
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The ScanSnap S300 is the world's smallest duplex ADF scanner. It's designed to provide best-in-class performance inside or outside of the home or office. With the S300 scanner, you can view PDF and JPEG files with the thumbnail viewer, arrange files with simple drag and drop actions, easily insert and delete images, change thumbnail display sizes, automatically create searchable PDF files, and make use of a quick drag-and-drop function to send files to e-mail or to a printer.
Top Customer Reviews
1) It intelligently waits until the computer is idle, to auto-perform OCR chores. You have the option to do so as you scan, but this slows down scanning. There's also a menu click which yields a list of scans awaiting OCR-- really nice touch!
2) Unlike proprietary organizers, the "cabinets" created within the organizer software are actual directories on your hard disk. Likewise, folders created within the organizer's cabinets are subdirectories on your disk. So, you get the best of all worlds-- use the organizer knowing you're not locked in, as it's just a slick interface for what is actually existing on your drive. (i.e., Create a cabinet = create a directory)
3) Thermal receipts, even trying-to-fade ones, come thru crisp and clear, miraculously, when scanning.
4) I have Adobe Acrobat Professional 8, which is a necessary evil in my business. I can now avoid that bloated monster altogether when it comes to receipts and anything else I choose to scan using this system. That alone is worth the price of entry!
5) The duplex scanning is wondrous-- paper goes thru only once, with both sides captured simultaneously -- speedily. This still blows my mind (I have a duplex Canon MP830 multifunction-- for all practical purposes, its scanner has been blown away by this device.)
6) Let's face it-- sometimes, paper jams. This is the FIRST machine encountered-- since the late 80's when I started computing-- which makes it so easy to fix things. You just push the little square silver arrow atop the scanner, open, get the paper, and close it. Incredibly easy and no-fuss! And yes, the wrinkled paper then flows thru fine (I gently kept a finger on that one item as it scanned thru, just to be safe.Read more ›
I'm using a PC running Windows XP, not a laptop. Don't feel that you need to be mobile to justify using this scanner, although I'm sure that would be a main selling point for those who are on the go.
FOR MAC USERS
I made the mistake of assuming that the Fujitsu Scansnap would also work with a Mac. These days most things work easily with Mac, not the Fujitsu. Actually the Scansnap works nicely while I run Windows XP Pro on Parallels. The good news for Mac Users is that Fujitsu now makes a Scansnap for Mac. The bad news is that it's going to cost over $50 more! Apparently the different color and MacOS-specific software justifies the extra cost.
Pro's: small footprint, easy setup, intuitive controls, duplex (scans both sides), saves scans as PDF files, straightens out scans that feed crooked, OCR permits searching of your scans.
Con's: document has to be carefully fed or won't scan, the software freezes frequently (the remedy is to unplug the scanner for a few seconds and then reconnect), the searchable PDF requires purchasing Adobe Acrobat (which is expensive -- make sure you factor this large expense into your calculations), the software has difficulty identifying and deleting blank pages.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It worked good for a while but now it doesn't work with my computer, my PC are my MacPublished 13 months ago by Elmer E Jackson
I bought this years ago and I still use it very often. Mostly I use it to scan receipts and other documents that I need to be in electronic file form, but it does a great job on... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Barbara
I have been using this scanner for several years now and I am very impressed with this product. I travel all the time for work and find myself using this scanner all the time. Read morePublished on May 9, 2014 by Christopher M. Seguin
Purchased this in 2009. Still going strong with moderate use. Heavy use and on the road for the first two years. Loved that it could be powered by USB. Read morePublished on November 8, 2013 by mvportly
I have used this scanner for years with excellent results. The results of the scans to PDF go directly into Yep for filing and tagging. Read morePublished on August 25, 2011 by Richard C. Anderson
I did not keep this item because I would have to purchase a service pack to use with Windows 7. I did like the size.Published on March 18, 2011 by Schoolbud