Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner with Touch Screen for Mac and PC (Black Model)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Double-sided scanning with advanced paper feeding system. Scan your documents, business cards, receipts, and photos.
- Large, easy to use 4. 3 inch touch screen allows you to easily scan to your preferred destinations. Scan to Google Drive, Dropbox, Your desktop folder, and more!
- Connects via USB cable or Wi-Fi (2. 4 and 5 GHz). you can scan via Wi-Fi to your laptop, tablet, or smartphone device.
- Built in software Organizes and cleans up your documents with automatic cropping, blank page deletion, and more
- Scanning speed of up to 30 ppm, with 50 page automatic document feeder (ADF). optical resolution of up to 600 dpi.
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
With ScanSnap, managing your paperwork is simple. Our products are designed to organize documents your way, with one-button ease of use and great options for small business owners and personal consumers.
Intuitive scanning at your fingertips
For Mac and PC
The ScanSnap iX1500 offers you a better way to get organized. With a large, easy-to-use touch screen and powerful software, the ScanSnap iX1500 offers improvements in design and function over its predecessors.
- Create unique user profiles and save information to user-specific folders
- Scan via Wi-Fi to popular cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox*
- ScanSnap Home software organizes documents using tags and search. ScanSnap Manager is also available
- Clean and elegant design
One-Touch Scanning with Quick Menu
For the ultimate legacy ScanSnap experience, the Quick Menu feature is back. Start scanning with one touch, then decide how to process and organize your scans right on your computer.
- With just “one touch” complete processes from scanning to data utilization
- Basic tasks such as setup and Wi-Fi configuration
- Simplistic icon allows you to check scanning statuses and choose save-to destinations easily
- Up to 30 pre-configured profiles can be made, optimizing scan workflow
- Save your favorite settings to your profile and select with a touch
Wireless Scanning Right From Your Touch Screen
Scan to your preferred destination right from your touch screen. Scan to Google Drive, Dropbox, your desktop folder, and more!
Stay Organized with ScanSnap Home*
The ScanSnap Home software helps you stay organized. Optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities allow you to easily find your documents by searching for relevant keywords.
* ScanSnap Manager is also available.
Automatic Image Cleanup
Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your documents by optimizing contrast, automatically rotating upside-down documents, removing blank pages, and cropping images to the correct size.
Connect to popular cloud services with ScanSnap Cloud
The iX1500 features ScanSnap Cloud, which connects to your favorite cloud drive to manage your documents, receipts, business cards, and photos. You can create pre-configured shortcuts right from the touch screen to send scans to a specific location. * A free ScanSnap Cloud account is required to access all cloud features.
Compare with similar items
Style: ScanSnap iX1500 - Black Black scansnap ix1500 document scanner Fujitsu computer products of America, Announces the addition of the scansnap ix1500 document scanner in a new black-on-black color option to the popular scansnap line of personal scanners. The scansnap ix1500 is equipped with a user-friendly 4. 3-Inch touch screen interface for enhanced usability and functionality. With access point connect and direct connect modes, users can place the new scanner anywhere that is most convenient for them. Included is New scansnap home software that combines all the popular functions of our business card, receipt, and document management apps into one interface for easier management and editing.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While the IX1500 is much easier to configure thatn the IX500, day-to-day it's more difficult to operate:
(1) Single-button cloud scans have now become two-button scans (you have to press "OK") to acknowledge the document has been saved
(2) Single-button-long-press (long document) scans have now become six-button scans: they still work, but you have to change the scan mode to manual, scan, acknowledge, then change back
It kind of makes you wonder whether the IX1500 firmware was designed by a different team.
I think it does have the potential to be a great scanner, given the hardware. But the firmware would have to be fixed as follows:
(1) Remove the annoying delays and acknowledgments
(2) Buffer stuff and retransmit when the destination is available (I'm happy to put it on a UPS)
(3) Introduce a single-button long document scan
(4) Optionally, pay for the Paperport patent and introduce scan-on-insertion
I will add one star back for each feature if and when it arrives.
It worked fine for a few days and now I am in software heck with "support" only open on weekdays and problems "communicating with the software error -14" . This is like a 1980's error message and there is nothing on the website to help you. There is next to Zippo for documentation. I have tried all manner of things (resetting computer, scanner, uninstalling and reinstalling software, temporarily turning off antivirus) and keep getting the communication error. Many hours of wasted time.
I tried a second computer and I am getting "Could not perform the recognition process"
I guess I will find out how their support works on Monday. This feels like the beta of a new product or maybe I just got a bad one.
UPDATE: Their telephone support was very nice but after over an hour with the "tier 1" support, they passed me onto "tier 2" support. It turns out there is a software bug that messes up a DLL file. The Tier 2 support person appears to have fixed the problem by updating the DLL file. There is apparently a software update coming that will fix this problem.
Its too bad the error code and the issue has not propagated down to their Tier 1 support so I didn't have to mess around for another 1+ hours.
UPDATE #2 - They have released the fix for the bug in the software and it seems to work. I'm enjoying how fast it can scan through some old paperback manuals that I am scanning so I can save space and be able to find things electronically. I think they could do a much better job with the software and user interface and the documentation is almost non-existent. Overall, I am becoming more pleased with the product as the main thing is the speed of scanning.
Top reviews from other countries
problems - the wireless function is intermittent - I find I have to just plug it into the usb port for it to work more often than not.
-** I spent hours on setup finally realizing that it does not accept certain usb ports - on my computer it only works on the usb 3 port, not the usb 2 port - if you have problems try a different port.
overall, I would still buy this again.