Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Color Duplex Desk Scanner f..." and save 21% off the $495.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Office Products Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Color Duplex Desk Scanner for Mac and PC
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quickly declutter your workspace – create searchable, mult-page PDFs with the click of a button
- Double-sided scanning with advanced paper feeding system – insert up to 50 sheets of paper on automatic document feed (ADF)
- Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your scans - features include auto color detection, auto rotation for upside down documents, and blank page removal
- Easy to use software with color, grayscale, and monochrome scan speeds of up to 25 double-sided pages per minute
- Scan your documents directly into integrated cloud services (Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more) to access your files from anywhere
- Compatible with iOS and Windows devices – scan via USB cord or wifi to laptop, tablet, and smartphone devices
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- One button simplicity
- Double sided scanning speed of up to 25 pages per minute
- 50 page automatic document feeder (ADF)
- Optical resolution of up to 600 dpi
- Easy set-up
Get Organized in a Snap!
Get organized by scanning your documents, receipts, old photos, and more into your desktop or cloud drive. Easily sort and find your files by searching for relevant keywords. Store these files directly to your cloud drive, so you can access and share them from anywhere.
- Create searchable multi-page PDFs and sort your files into appropriate folders based on relevant keywords
- Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your documents by optimizing contrast, auto rotating upside-down documents, and removing blank pages
- Directly integrated with Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, and more, so you can access your files from anywhere
- ScanSnap Manager, Receipts, and Cardminder software applications are included
Elegantly designed and easy to use, the ScanSnap iX500 provides a simple solution to your paper clutter at home and in the office.
For business use
Declutter your desk by scanning your paper files into searchable PDF. Intelligent scan correction technology performs a quick quality check on your scans, removing blank pages, auto rotating upside down documents, and enhancing image quality.
ScanSnap Receipt software allows you to easily scan, save, and extract critical payment information from your receipts. Categorize expenses through relevant keywords, tally up totals within the software application, and export relevant information into Excel.
Collect and manage business card contacts through ScanSnap CardMinder. Extract relevant information into editable fields, add notes or reference information to your contact, and export data into external applications such as Outlook and Salesforce.
For personal use
Scan and save handwritten notes and old memories.
Digitize your photos by scanning them into your computer or cloud drive (use of carrier sheet is recommended for delicate photos).
Scan drawings, art projects, and your kids' old homework assignments to clear your home of clutter.
Compare with similar items
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Portable Color Duplex Document Scanner for Mac and PC
Epson WorkForce ES-400 Color Duplex Document Scanner for PC and Mac, Auto Document Feeder (ADF)
Brother ImageCenter ADS-2800W Wireless Document Scanner, Multi-Page Scanning, Color Touchscreen, Integrated Image Optimization, High-Precision Scanning, Continuous Scan Mode
Fujitsu fi-7160 Color Duplex Document Scanner - Workgroup Series
Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Host Products|
|Color||Black||Silver and Black||—||Black||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||11.4 x 6.1 x 6.6 in||3.9 x 11.18 x 3.03 in||6.6 x 11.6 x 6.3 in||10.2 x 12.1 x 9.8 in||9.5 x 17.7 x 11.2 in||10.9 x 15.5 x 9.8 in|
|Item Weight||6.6 lbs||4.75 lbs||8.1 lbs||10.03 lbs||14.3 lbs||3 lbs|
|Computer Platform||Windows||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows||Windows, Mac, Linux|
Document scanner - Duplex - 8.5 in x 34.0 in - 600 dpi x 600 dpi - up to 25 ppm (mono) / up to 25 ppm (color) - ADF (50 sheets) - USB 3.0, Wi-Fi(n)
Legal DisclaimerI never took the unit out of the box-Before Order-T,E,X,T us at 201.285.4106 to verify if still in stock and more details.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: NEW COMMENT: THERE *IS* a "catch all that paper tray" on the front. Another reviewer pointed it out to me and I carefully examined the front panel (the one that flips down) and it's the flush with the tray itself so I never would have noticed it. Problem solved! I took a picture of it...gee, I think I should dust that off.... ;)
ORIGINAL COMMENT SAID "The only thing I'd say that needs improvement is the "out" tray. It needs another flip-up lip to catch the paper as it comes out, otherwise it starts to pop off and dump on the desk. I solved that by resting my hand in front of the tray when all the paper came out. The paper bumps up against my fingers and then re-stacks itself. I tried a coffee mug and a box of Kleenex to block it from falling off, but that makes it slide up so it's just as bad."
Cons: You're paying for software that you may not need. It would be nice to be able to buy a cheaper version without the PDF software included.
This is a BIG ISSUE: The page eject tray is inadequate and the scanner is always pushing pages out of the eject tray. You'll want to invent some way to control the pages spilling out. All it needed was a small plastic flip-up foot to block the ejected pages from pushing out. This is something that most document handling machines have. A serious oversight that takes away 2 stars on my rating. Seriously people: THINK. If 50 pages can go in, what happens when they come out?
- It's fast. I certainly does shoot those photos right through. Seems to handle a small stack of photos pretty well without getting jammed or crooked.
- It was easy to setup. I just followed the instructions and got it connected and wifi working no issues.
- The color saturation (for at least the green channel) was terrible. I had more grey than green everywhere. It also seemed to introduce some kind of artifacts into the dark areas.
- lines down the scans was a continuous problem despite cleaning. I am guessing that the plates are a dust magnet. So scanning a batch of 25 photos, half of them had to be rescanned because of lines alone.
- Their technical support is total &%*!. Incompetent, total lack of knowledge about their product. No help at all.
- The software to control the scanner is lacking major features and seems to lack the ability to run a calibration of any kind. There is not enough control over post processing. If you have problems with color correction, saturation, etc... there is no great way to fix that.
Despite getting good reviews as a photo scanner, the output is terrible. If you are buying this with the idea of digitizing your family photo album you will be disappointed with the results. It may be fast, but for such projects, quality is paramount. Fujitsu tech support has finally even acknowledged that this scanner is not designed for quality photo scanning. But quality aside, their technical support was probably the bigger issue. The original technician who first answered my support request failed to comprehend my problem with desaturated green channel and suggested I try to clean the scanner glass. (How is that going to help???) When I pointed this out, I was then instructed to lower the resolution. Lowering the resolution is not a viable workaround for what is obviously either a hardware or post-processing issue. On top of that, the Technical Assistance Center told me that if I need further support I need to contact the ... Technical Assistance Center! Tech support tells me to contact tech support! That's how you know that there are major problems with their support staff. If they needed to transfer my case to a different department, they can do that and not make me have to keep hunting down different departments for help. They need to learn how to carry the problem to a resolution instead of focusing on getting the customer passed-off to someone else.
When something doesn't work right, you need to know that the company that sells the product is willing to make an effort to help resolve the issue. But when they focus on canned answers and buck-passing, you know that there is a systemic problem in that company and from that point forward, you should consider a different company to do business with.
Bad photo scanner, bad tech support. Fujitsu is a real loser.