Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Color Duplex Desk Scanner f..." and save 29% off the $495.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Office Products Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Color Duplex Desk Scanner for Mac and PC
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quickly declutter your workspace – create searchable, mult-page PDFs with the click of a button
- Double-sided scanning with advanced paper feeding system – insert up to 50 sheets of paper on automatic document feed (ADF)
- Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your scans - features include auto color detection, auto rotation for upside down documents, and blank page removal
- Easy to use software with color, grayscale, and monochrome scan speeds of up to 25 double-sided pages per minute
- Scan your documents directly into integrated cloud services (Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more) to access your files from anywhere
- Compatible with iOS and Windows devices – scan via USB cord or wifi to laptop, tablet, and smartphone devices
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- One button simplicity
- Double sided scanning speed of up to 25 pages per minute
- 50 page automatic document feeder (ADF)
- Optical resolution of up to 600 dpi
- Easy set-up
Get Organized in a Snap!
Get organized by scanning your documents, receipts, old photos, and more into your desktop or cloud drive. Easily sort and find your files by searching for relevant keywords. Store these files directly to your cloud drive, so you can access and share them from anywhere.
- Create searchable multi-page PDFs and sort your files into appropriate folders based on relevant keywords
- Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your documents by optimizing contrast, auto rotating upside-down documents, and removing blank pages
- Directly integrated with Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, and more, so you can access your files from anywhere
- ScanSnap Manager, Receipts, and Cardminder software applications are included
Elegantly designed and easy to use, the ScanSnap iX500 provides a simple solution to your paper clutter at home and in the office.
For business use
Declutter your desk by scanning your paper files into searchable PDF. Intelligent scan correction technology performs a quick quality check on your scans, removing blank pages, auto rotating upside down documents, and enhancing image quality.
ScanSnap Receipt software allows you to easily scan, save, and extract critical payment information from your receipts. Categorize expenses through relevant keywords, tally up totals within the software application, and export relevant information into Excel.
Collect and manage business card contacts through ScanSnap CardMinder. Extract relevant information into editable fields, add notes or reference information to your contact, and export data into external applications such as Outlook and Salesforce.
For personal use
Scan and save handwritten notes and old memories.
Digitize your photos by scanning them into your computer or cloud drive (use of carrier sheet is recommended for delicate photos).
Scan drawings, art projects, and your kids' old homework assignments to clear your home of clutter.
Compare with similar items
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Portable Color Duplex Document Scanner for Mac and PC
Epson WorkForce ES-400 Color Duplex Document Scanner for PC and Mac, Auto Document Feeder (ADF)
Brother ADS2700W Wireless Space Saving High Speed Color Duplex Desktop Document Scanner
Brother ImageCenter ADS-2800W Wireless Document Scanner, Multi-Page Scanning, Color Touchscreen, Integrated Image Optimization, High-Precision Scanning, Continuous Scan Mode
Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Host Products|
|Color||Black||Silver and Black||—||White||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||11.4 x 6.1 x 6.6 in||3.9 x 11.18 x 3.03 in||6.6 x 11.6 x 6.3 in||11.8 x 5.8 x 7 in||10.2 x 12.1 x 9.8 in||10.9 x 15.5 x 9.8 in|
|Item Weight||6.6 lbs||4.75 lbs||8.1 lbs||5.8 lbs||10.03 lbs||3 lbs|
|Computer Platform||Windows||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux|
Document scanner - Duplex - 8.5 in x 34.0 in - 600 dpi x 600 dpi - up to 25 ppm (mono) / up to 25 ppm (color) - ADF (50 sheets) - USB 3.0, Wi-Fi(n)
Legal DisclaimerI never took the unit out of the box-Before Order-T,E,X,T us at 201.285.4106 to verify if still in stock and more details.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: NEW COMMENT: THERE *IS* a "catch all that paper tray" on the front. Another reviewer pointed it out to me and I carefully examined the front panel (the one that flips down) and it's the flush with the tray itself so I never would have noticed it. Problem solved! I took a picture of it...gee, I think I should dust that off.... ;)
ORIGINAL COMMENT SAID "The only thing I'd say that needs improvement is the "out" tray. It needs another flip-up lip to catch the paper as it comes out, otherwise it starts to pop off and dump on the desk. I solved that by resting my hand in front of the tray when all the paper came out. The paper bumps up against my fingers and then re-stacks itself. I tried a coffee mug and a box of Kleenex to block it from falling off, but that makes it slide up so it's just as bad."
Update, Sept, 2017. One purchased in November, 2013, just died. Buying another one. I think that was a good run time for the money, ease of use and convenience.
1. It's a workhorse. We've been digitizing our entire paper archive of about 500 sheet PER DAY and this scanner has kept up.
2. It's a thoughtful device. When you scan as much as we do, little annoyances become a big deal. Whoever designed this thing thought through all those little annoyances and made most of them go away. I like how the unit recovers from jams and understands which pages to keep and which pages to toss. I like how the one-touch scan button understands when I want to begin a scan and resume a scan. That means I don't have to click over the PC software in order to recover. The unit really does auto-straighten, auto-contrast, auto-2-side, auto-1-side, auto-orientation. It's hard to screw up a scan. The scanning engine even knows how to look for ink/toner bleed through from one side of a page to the other and contrast it out. Wow!
3. Cleaning and care is pretty easy. After 500 pages, there's going to be a little debris in the scanner. The eject button and fold out top is designed well enough that it's easy to gently blow out particles and carefully clean the top and bottom scan heads. No special tools required. It's hard to go wrong here.
4. Scanning to searchable PDF works incredibly well. I'm very impressed. The OCR module does a pretty admirable job of scanning text and making it searchable in a PDF. This is the godsend feature we need. Pro tip: if you're on Windows and you want to use Windows Search to look for text in PDF you need to go download Adobe's PDF iFilter app and install it on every computer that needs to search the PDFs, not just the server or workstation where the PDFs reside. Installing the iFilter *should* turn on Windows Search settings to search the entire PDF and not just the file properties.
There are a couple of annoyances, however:
4. Software installation is clumsy and requires a bunch of updates. Whoever designed the installer/updater wasn't nearly as thoughtful as whoever designed the hardware. It takes a good 30 minutes of downloading and installing and updating to get the software online. Really, there's no excuse for it. Just package the updates into the latest installer and make it easy for those of us who are purchasing later rather than earlier.
5. The actual app software is also clumsy. The ONE THING this scanner needs to do right is to scan to searchable PDF. In order to do this, I had to turn off all the "quick button" features and change the app to scan to application: save to a folder. I pick the folder and now I don't deal with the software at all. I just put documents in the scanner, press the blue button and walk away.
6. Wi-fi setup is clunky and difficult thanks to the bad installer. Wi-fi should be one of the awesome features of this unit, but it's painful to setup because of the stupid software. Also, I had trouble keeping this unit connected to my UniFi mesh wi-fi network. Occasionally the UniFi changes the channel of a particular SSID and this throws off the scanner's wi-fi. I then have to go in to the software and setup wi-fi again. Repeat every time I make config changes to or restart the UniFi access points. Kind of a bummer.
All in all, this crazy little box has saved us so much time and frustration. The best part? I demo'd it before some scanning/archiving company tried to bid us $10,000 to do our scanning work for us and their demo system did far worse than this little scanner. They walked away in utter shame. I love doing that to crummy companies :)