Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Color Duplex Desk Scanner f..." and save 17% off the $495.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Color Duplex Desk Scanner for Mac and PC
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quickly declutter your workspace – create searchable, mult-page PDFs with the click of a button
- Double-sided scanning with advanced paper feeding system – insert up to 50 sheets of paper on automatic document feed (ADF)
- Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your scans - features include auto color detection, auto rotation for upside down documents, and blank page removal
- Easy to use software with color, grayscale, and monochrome scan speeds of up to 25 double-sided pages per minute
- Scan your documents directly into integrated cloud services (Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more) to access your files from anywhere
- Compatible with iOS and Windows devices – scan via USB cord or wifi to laptop, tablet, and smartphone devices
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
ScanSnap Cloud makes scanning easier than ever before, enabling ScanSnap to scan directly to your favorite cloud service without the need for a computer or mobile device.
Simply press the scan button and your scans are automatically separated into documents, receipts, business cards or photos and sent to a predetermined cloud service.
Generate Editable PDF Files
The ScanSnap iX500 is the scanner that intuitively guides you through every step of the scanning process, and lets you access your documents anywhere and anytime. Scan to and view across a range of popular cloud services, or wirelessly scan to your PC, Mac, iPad/iPhone, and Android devices. Scan your everyday documents, from business cards to A4 and even A3 paper. Once scanned, you can send the data to Word, Excel, e-mail, and SharePoint amongst others.
The ScanSnap iX500 comes bundled with searchable PDF creation software which enables users to move beyond merely "seeing" and "printing" generated data, to editing generated PDF files however they like. It generates password and digital ID attached PDF files that are ideal for safeguarding personal information and other confidential information that needs to be protected.
Wi-Fi or USB Connection to a PC or Smart Device
The iX500 comes with a built-in, dual-core 'GI' image processing engine that takes ScanSnap to the next performance level. It offers the paper feeding performance of expensive high-speed, high-volume devices, enhanced through USB 3.0 support, at a price that won't break your office budget. Or you can break free from USB and place the ScanSnap just about anywhere in the room with Wi-Fi connectivity to a PC or Mac. The iX500 now offers the unique ability to link directly with your iPad, iPhone, and Android devices via a Wi-Fi connection. Fitted with a newly-developed GI processing engine, the iX500 means that users can now wirelessly operate the scanner via their smart device and the ScanSnap Connect App to create high quality scanned images that can be saved to the device, manipulated and retrieved at a later date and distributed.
Use of a carrier sheet enables iX500 users to digitize larger documents (A3/B4), as well as magazine and newspaper clippings and photographs. Such document containing carrier sheets can be scanned successively or mixed in with regular paper documents.
Intuitive Quick Menu
The Quick Menu can be set up to display your 'Favorite' scanning destinations or will 'Recommend' an application. For example, scan a business card which will then be automatically recognized and a list of business card-related applications will be recommended.
ScanSnap Folder for Flexible Operation
Does your Windows application have an import or browse command? If so you can now easily scan directly to this application even when no scanning interface is available assuming it supports .pdf or .jpg. Simply browse to the new 'ScanSnap Folder' within your local computer, hit the blue scan button and your document will then be automatically imported into your application and then deleted from 'ScanSnap Folder'.
Quickly and easily synchronize your scanned documents between ScanSnap Organizer on your computer and the ScanSnap Connect App on your mobile device using Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive. Automatically synchronize scanned documents between your computer and mobile device.
Seamless Linking to Cloud Services--Access your documents from any device and at any time or anywhere, the iX500 supports direct scanning to Evernote, Dropbox, Google Docs, Salesforce, and SugarSync.
ScanSnap Receipt allows users to easily scan and extract information from receipts, and export the data into CSV for easy tax filing. ScanSnap Receipt also supports multiple languages and currencies.* For PC and Mac.
*Supported languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian. Supported currencies: USD (United States Dollar), CAD (Canadian Dollar), GBP (Great Britain Pound), EUR (Euro), RUB (Russian ruble), AUD (Australian dollar).
Scans and Organizes Business Card Information
The ScanSnap iX500 scans large volumes of business cards into digital business card holders. It also enables you to enter scanned data into Excel, Outlook Express, Salesforce, and other databases for future reference.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Host Products||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black||Silver and Black||Black||Black||Black||—|
|Item Dimensions||11.4 x 6.1 x 6.6 in||3.9 x 11.18 x 3.03 in||10.2 x 12.1 x 9.8 in||11.2 x 4.1 x 3.3 in||10.9 x 15.5 x 9.8 in||6.9 x 11.6 x 6.6 in|
|Item Weight||6.6 lbs||4.75 lbs||10.03 lbs||3.3 lbs||3 lbs||8.1 lbs|
|Computer Platform||Windows||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac|
The scan snap ix500 provides PC and Mac users an effective way to greatly reduce paper clutter, storage space, and security risks associated with unmanaged paperwork at home or the office.
Legal DisclaimerI never took the unit out of the box-Before Order-T,E,X,T us at 201.285.4106 to verify if still in stock and more details.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: NEW COMMENT: THERE *IS* a "catch all that paper tray" on the front. Another reviewer pointed it out to me and I carefully examined the front panel (the one that flips down) and it's the flush with the tray itself so I never would have noticed it. Problem solved! I took a picture of it...gee, I think I should dust that off.... ;)
ORIGINAL COMMENT SAID "The only thing I'd say that needs improvement is the "out" tray. It needs another flip-up lip to catch the paper as it comes out, otherwise it starts to pop off and dump on the desk. I solved that by resting my hand in front of the tray when all the paper came out. The paper bumps up against my fingers and then re-stacks itself. I tried a coffee mug and a box of Kleenex to block it from falling off, but that makes it slide up so it's just as bad."
1. It's a workhorse. We've been digitizing our entire paper archive of about 500 sheet PER DAY and this scanner has kept up.
2. It's a thoughtful device. When you scan as much as we do, little annoyances become a big deal. Whoever designed this thing thought through all those little annoyances and made most of them go away. I like how the unit recovers from jams and understands which pages to keep and which pages to toss. I like how the one-touch scan button understands when I want to begin a scan and resume a scan. That means I don't have to click over the PC software in order to recover. The unit really does auto-straighten, auto-contrast, auto-2-side, auto-1-side, auto-orientation. It's hard to screw up a scan. The scanning engine even knows how to look for ink/toner bleed through from one side of a page to the other and contrast it out. Wow!
3. Cleaning and care is pretty easy. After 500 pages, there's going to be a little debris in the scanner. The eject button and fold out top is designed well enough that it's easy to gently blow out particles and carefully clean the top and bottom scan heads. No special tools required. It's hard to go wrong here.
4. Scanning to searchable PDF works incredibly well. I'm very impressed. The OCR module does a pretty admirable job of scanning text and making it searchable in a PDF. This is the godsend feature we need. Pro tip: if you're on Windows and you want to use Windows Search to look for text in PDF you need to go download Adobe's PDF iFilter app and install it on every computer that needs to search the PDFs, not just the server or workstation where the PDFs reside. Installing the iFilter *should* turn on Windows Search settings to search the entire PDF and not just the file properties.
There are a couple of annoyances, however:
4. Software installation is clumsy and requires a bunch of updates. Whoever designed the installer/updater wasn't nearly as thoughtful as whoever designed the hardware. It takes a good 30 minutes of downloading and installing and updating to get the software online. Really, there's no excuse for it. Just package the updates into the latest installer and make it easy for those of us who are purchasing later rather than earlier.
5. The actual app software is also clumsy. The ONE THING this scanner needs to do right is to scan to searchable PDF. In order to do this, I had to turn off all the "quick button" features and change the app to scan to application: save to a folder. I pick the folder and now I don't deal with the software at all. I just put documents in the scanner, press the blue button and walk away.
6. Wi-fi setup is clunky and difficult thanks to the bad installer. Wi-fi should be one of the awesome features of this unit, but it's painful to setup because of the stupid software. Also, I had trouble keeping this unit connected to my UniFi mesh wi-fi network. Occasionally the UniFi changes the channel of a particular SSID and this throws off the scanner's wi-fi. I then have to go in to the software and setup wi-fi again. Repeat every time I make config changes to or restart the UniFi access points. Kind of a bummer.
All in all, this crazy little box has saved us so much time and frustration. The best part? I demo'd it before some scanning/archiving company tried to bid us $10,000 to do our scanning work for us and their demo system did far worse than this little scanner. They walked away in utter shame. I love doing that to crummy companies :)
Update, Sept, 2017. One purchased in November, 2013, just died. Buying another one. I think that was a good run time for the money, ease of use and convenience.