Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Flick Golf
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on June 15, 2012
This would have been a great game if only it would have allowed you to actually play a course. You only shoot for hole in ones and never get to actually put the ball in the hole. For a game with such nice looking graphics, it lacked in the one place it should have excelled. I like playing courses and this game could have easily made that a reality. An almost great game.
11 comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
To get the important note out of the way, I played this on a Kindle 8.9 HD and encountered no bugs or play issues.

The graphics and physics of the game are nice. They feel right, including the in-flight flicks to change the ball's direction.

I was a bit disappointed that as this was named "Golf" it doesn't really have anything to do with golf other than the name and the ostensible graphics. The "ball" could essentially be anything. You are trying to flick the screen at an appropriate length and direction to send the "ball" to a target area. A "hole in one" is really just a bull's eye. What you are doing is trying to hit a target area with progressively lower scores the further from the target your ball lands.

Since the play is nothing like golf (only the one stroke per hole) and the scoring is nothing like golf, I can't really call this "golf".

However, as a little hit the target game, it is OK. I seriously doubt you are going to spend a significant effort trying to master this. It's OK for an occasional way to waste time, but it didn't engage me in any manner of interest that would cause me to load it up very often.

WARNING: The extended flicking motion partially separated the tip from my stylus. If this happened in the wrong way with some types of stylus, you could be in danger of scratching your screen. So I recommend flicking with your finger and not with a stylus. Luckily I was able to reattach my stylus tip.
Whether you're kicking a football or rugby ball through goalposts or tossing paper wads into trashcans, "flick" games are great for mindless entertainment when you have a few minutes to spare. "Flick Golf" is one of the best and most challenging flick games that I've played on my Kindle Fire. There are several golf courses with some very scenic but challenging holes. This is not a conventional video golf game, however. You only get one shot on each hole, and you're basically trying to ace the hole, or at least trying to get the ball within a scoring ring. The closer your ball to the hole, the more points you score. At all costs, avoid the water and the sand, since there are big penalties for landing there.

I liked the amount of ball control you have, including applying a fade or draw, and using backspin. The wind is a factor on some holes, so you have to account for it in your shot. The courses have to be unlocked with a minimum score on the previous course, so you might have to play some courses several times to achieve a winning score and advance to the next course.

There are three different modes you can play: Quickshot, World Tour, and Quickshot Pro. They're similar to each other, but Quickshot is a short timed game, which is ideal when you only have a few minutes.

With gorgeous color graphics and very simple gameplay, "Flick Golf" is easily my favorite game of this type, definitely a notch above other flick games that I've tried. And now I'm hooked on playing it until I get a hole in one (I've been sooooo close).
on September 5, 2013
Flick Golf is a well Polished shooting game that let's you shoot ball at Golf greens to get varying points.
The Controls are wonderful. You can Shoot and then adjust shot in mid-air by flicking Curves, Change of direction and even Backspin to land ball closer to center of target (the Hole marked by Flag). Landing within measrured Distance Rings around the hole will give you points according to how close you land to the hole in the center of rings. Points and extra time are also given for hitting the Flagpole, Curving it, Spinning the ball properly, etc. The HD Graphics are awesome with spectacular scenes. Controls work great with Fluid movements and Realistic Physics accuracy.

Overall, a wonderful Fun filled game that is Engaging and Enjoyable to play. A real treat after you learn how to vary your shots properly. Smooth Flicking controls with Fluid ball travel and Scoring works nicely too. Addictive fun and good Replay Value. Music and Sound effects are great and their volume levels can be adjusted.
NO Annoyances, Ads, Intrusive Addons, etc. And it can be played with WiFi OFF (hoorah).
It's is a well designed and Pleasant app that I recommend to all ( especially Physics Game enthusists! ).
on January 29, 2013
I DIDNT THINK MUCH OF THIS WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT. BUT AFTER I PLAYED IT 3 TIMES, AND GOT THE HANG OF IT,,ITS A REAL FUN GAME. GET THIS IF YOU LIKE CHALLENGES THAT GO FROM EASY ON UP.GREAT GRAPHICS AND COURSES TO PLAY ON. FUN APP. GIVE THIS ONE A TRY. BET YOU CAN USE IT 2 PLAYER ALSO.
GREAT IDEA
on July 21, 2012
Flick Golf is a great game for the Kindle Fire! It's very intuitive to use and the courses can be rather challenging. My husband and I enjoy playing this game over coffee in the morning. I highly recommend it. The graphics are cool and the game is fun and challenging!
on June 4, 2013
Great game. Very addictive and fun to play. Very challenging, I agree with others that it would be great to play an actual course or courses. I would highly recommend this game. Thanks for something so fun.
on July 7, 2013
i am addicted to this game! it is one of my new favorite games, i cant get enough of it!
on December 3, 2012
It's something you wouldn't mind having on your device when you don't feel like playing that free solitaire you have on there. A lot of replay value because you want to try and beat your score. I am wondering if there is like additional places you can get upon updates. Since we already paid for the app, I think that would be a nice gesture from the makers. The difficulty gets retched up with the winds. You would have to be on your A game or just get mentally frustrated. That's where the 4 stars come in. The difficulty level might get too hard to fast for some. If you like golf, please take the time to get this app. I would have thought it was going to be more traditional like a power meter with different types of clubs, but in this you don't need any of that, just a good flick of the finger. I do recommend this on a tablet than a phone. You are going to need all the space you can get to adjust the golf ball while it is in the air.
on December 5, 2013
This app reminds me of a 1990s mini table game that I used to play by using my fingers to launch a mini basketball into a mini net. Perhaps it's because like that mini table game, with this game you must also use your fingers.

Overall, I have no complaints about this finger flicking app. It's nice to be able to play golf with your fingers, especially in such a beautifully rendered environment. This game is both challenging, and fun; it isn't overly easy and it doesn't get boring too quickly.