Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 2, 2015
Has great low/mid range presence. Won't sound as cool right off the bat as other mid-scooped pedals, but it sounds fantastic in a mix and a live band setting. Nice that the boost is independent and can be engaged anytime. Great rhythm pedal and pairs nicely with other overdrive/fuzz pedals. Highly recommend this pedal for rock guitarists looking for a mildly compressed distortion, but it's versatile enough to do many other genres and styles well.
on December 30, 2008
I'll start with my intent behind the purchase of this pedal. I have a Carvin X100 (tube)amp that I wanted to push the clean channel to gain a bit of crunch out of. Unfortunately the Clean channel that I have will only lend itself to speaker break-up, but remains clean for the most part.

The GT-500 was my fix for this, attempting to overdrive the initial gain stages of the clean channel to push them beyond the safe headroom designed into the amp. This pedal definitely works. So, mission accomplished.

The overdrive is a nice, warm, balanced overdrive that leans a bit toward fuzz. The distortion is also a little fuzz like, but definitely sounds appealing to my ear. There is a Rat that will be leaving my pedal board soon, due to the similar sound, but less noisy distortion of this pedal.

This is a great sounding boost/overdrive/distortion pedal with enough tweakabilty to provide many different tones, while allowing the tone of your amplifier to come through.

Great pedal!
on August 10, 2016
Best come pedal for boost and some added crunch. Not a screamer but turns your 2 channel amp into a three channel...
on December 11, 2012
If you are planning to spend $300 or more just test this one out at your local music store, give it a try, this thing to me is amazing, 15 years playng and this is for the price the best, you have the quality and feeling of a much expensive one.
on January 12, 2014
This pedal is very versatile and has a looot of gain. It has a wide range of sounds, use it as a boost / overdrive and high gain distortion.
on December 20, 2010
Like most guitarists that I know, buying/trying gear is a way of life. Along the way, I've messed around with probably hundreds of effects pedals. After many years, there are only a few that have hung around. This is one of them. In fact, I've continued using just a very few OD/distortions, all of them being by Fulltone. This one is my go-to Swiss army knife. Not only makes a variety of sounds, but I find all of them very usable from one end of the range to the other. Really not hard to dial in for me, just have to listen carefully to what the movement of the knobs will do. I like the basic flavors provided by the left side, which is a cleanish to overdrive, and the right which starts at OD and moves out to distortion. Especially interesting is the right side mid control which is actually for a wah pedal. Way more effective, in this application anyway, than a standard mid control. Together, you can mix up a bunch of very musical textures, the toggle that switches the order of the two sides also being very useful. Just a great all-aroung tool. A beautifully laid out package & certainly built to last under even heavy use. I expect it will be around long after I'm gone as well, which is kind of cool to think about, too.
on January 1, 2013
This is a nice distortion pedal. It isn't as good as the Fulltone OCD unit, but still a very nice distortion. I love Fulltone products, and this one doesn't disappoint. I gave it 4 stars, because I own the OCD, and it's not quite there, but still a good addition to your rig.
on March 19, 2013
I first heard of Fulltone through professional musicians. This pedal is every bit as advertised for tone.

However, the switches and bypass design are not real swift. They pop when engaging the channels, particularly the distortion channel - and it is LOUD! Pedals should not do that. I also tested out a used pedal in the music store; the distortion switch on that one only occasionally engaged. While the used pedal could have had a history of abuse, I speculate the switches are simply cheap and the design is not true bypass. I can hear all sorts if noise when I play with the other settings on the pedal, as well. I moved pedal in my chain order, to no avail.

This was the last thing I expected out of a Fulltone. Right now I'm just trying to turn it on/off while there's lots of noise going on stage.

I like the pedal's tone, but the device is quickly becoming expendable. I'm downgrading my rating to 3 stars. Give it a C.
on August 7, 2015
Very well made like a small tank. My disappointment was it is too noisy. Comparing to other distortion boost a lot of noise to a point I can't use it at all. Love their plimsoul and use that but that has zero noise. So until I can find what I'm looking for went back to the rat.
on October 27, 2015
Another reviewer said it best: "You can go from a slightly overdriven clean to a muddy blues to a killler distortion"...I couldn't agree more! I really love this pedal with my Epiphone Dot.
The Fulltone made my little 10", 20 watt, Crate practice amp sound like a higher quality amp. I can only imagine how good a Marshall MG50CFX would sound with this pedal, and may not even bother upgrading to a tube amp.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.