"I am absolutely blown away by this book.... I cannot express enough how fantastic of a read this was. You are an incredible writer!!!! I loved the overall analogy of the flying vs. life (business, relationships, etc.) and also all of the anecdotes and stories along the way."
~ Melissa Jurcan, CSEP Publicist andEvent Manager
"Fumes and a Prayer is a book that works on many different levels. I wasinspired by the personal stories and captivated by his true story of survivaland determination. This book is written in a warm, conversational style thatmakes it seem like you're sitting in the living room listening to a greatstoryteller. A combination adventure story, self-help book, and treatise on howto live life without fear, Fumes and a Prayer is a book that everyone will beable to relate to and enjoy." ~ Wayne Osborn, librarian
"Dennis Bauer instantly connects with the reader with his candid accountsthat are not unlike our own... Who hasn't had to (metaphorically) land a planewith nothing more than fumes and a prayer? This is a great read, and a mustread for anyone who sometimes feels like making it home for dinner seems justout of reach." ~Rebecca R, writer, photographer
About the Author
DENNIS BAUERlives in the beautiful Puget Sound area of Washington State. His book comesfrom his life. From owning three businesses, climbing mountains, flyingairplanes, crewing sailboats, raising three kids... to traveling by car through44 states and visiting 9 countries.
Born in Everett, Washington, Dennis is a native Puget Sounder. He graduatedfrom Colorado Christian University in Denver. An entertaining, inspiring and award-winning humorist andspeaker, Dennis weaves life-stories into his motivational presentation, "KeepYour 'Leadership Cool' in Turbulent Times."
He draws from experiences as a pilot and flight instructor to teachprinciples a pilot uses to prepare for and to handle the unexpected. The dayhis engine quit 5,000' over northern Colorado, he used the same three keys thathe explains to his readers... keys that apply to life, to business, and toleadership.
Little known facts about Dennis Bauer:
- Favors root beer floats
- Favors Peanut M&Ms
- Needs dance lessons
- Built the first Boeing 767 (not by himself)
- Has 2 golden retrievers named Sailor and Glee
- Caught a steelhead with a flower
- Crossed the Atlantic on WWII ship, USS Randall, as a boy, then lived in London for 3 years
- Sailed Puget Sound in an electrical storm... with a 40' aluminum mast pointing at the sky!
- Climbed Mt. St. Helens 5 times before it erupted
- Climbed Mt. Rainier. After it erupted (like, 150 years after)
- Is not only a licensed flight instructor, he is also a licensed aircraft mechanic with dreams of building his own airplane one day