Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Functional Design for 3D Printing 2nd edition: Designing 3D printed things for everyday use Paperback – April 2, 2015
|New from||Used from|
Prepare for your professional certification with study guides and exam prep tools from Wiley. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 70%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
These areas are especially useful to me:
- Part orientation on the print bed to optimize strength.
- Ways to divide your model into several pieces to improve strength, surface finish and make it print more reliably.
- A formula and good explanation of the relationship between nozzle diameter and wall thickness to ensure thin walls will be filled properly and not unintentionally hollow.
- Excellent illustrations on snap fit designs and design factors to consider to make them work properly.
- Design guidelines for fastening and joint design with suggested tolerances to use as a starting point.
I will definitely reread this book and use it as a reference when designing and printing parts, and when troubleshooting failed prints.
Easy and quick read, with full illustrations.