- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (January 4, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471243132
- ISBN-13: 978-0471243137
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.6 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #220,552 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"...an excellent introduction to its subject." (Ecotoxicology, October 2000)
From the Back Cover
Develop a better understanding of what causes environmental problems and how to solve them! Today, engineers and scientists must work on more complex environmental problems than ever before. To find solutions to these problems requires an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of chemistry, biology, and physical processes. This text will provide you with a clear explanation of these fundamentals that are necessary for solving both small town and global environmental problems. With Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering, you'll develop a better understanding of the key concepts required for design, operation, analysis, and modeling of both natural and engineered systems. You'll also be able to make connections among the different specialty areas of environmental engineering emphasized throughout the text. And you'll quickly learn how to solve complex environmental problems and incorporate environmental concerns into your specialty. Key Features
* Covers the fundamentals of chemical, physical, and biological processes, and various units of concentration as applied to environmental engineering.
* Includes applications related to drinking water and wastewater treatment, air quality engineering and science, groundwater transport and remediation, surface water quality, hazardous solid waste management, and ecosystems.
* Developed by a team of authors who specialize in a diverse set of environmental areas.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?