From the Back Cover
Respected for its readability, comprehensiveness, and relevance, Incropera and DeWitt’s text is the recognized standard for learning heat and mass transfer. This text combines detailed coverage with the resources students need to learn the concepts and apply them to solving realistic and relevant problems. Using a rigorous and systematic problem-solving methodology, the text is filled with examples and problems that reveal the richness and beauty of the discipline.
The 6th Edition introduces coauthors Ted Bergman and Adrienne Lavine, who bring their record of success in teaching and research in heat and mass transfer to the text.
- Expanded coverage of areas of recent interest in heat transfer, including fuel cells and alternative energy devices, electronics cooling, micro-scale heat transfer, and biological as well as bioheat transfer. New examples and homework problems are included for each area.
- Introduction to the concepts of nano-scale transport and unified treatment of transient conduction.
- New material on two-phase heat transfer and enhanced internal forced convection.
- New and revised presentation of mass transfer including applications in materials science and biological engineering.
- New, revised, and updated problems and examples.
Model, solve, and explore heat transfer problems:
Interactive Heat Transfer and Finite Element Heat Transfer software with User’s Guide
CD and print booklet, ISBN: 0-471-76115-X
Completely updated with a modern graphical user interface and better graphing tools, Interactive Heat Transfer (IHT) software will help you learn how to build thermal models, solve specific conditions, and explore the effects of multiple parameter variations. IHT is now capable of solving 300+ equations. The Finite Element Heat Transfer software enhances capabilities for treating steady-state and transient one- and two-dimensional conduction problems.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.