- Paperback: 244 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (November 17, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0813814014
- ISBN-13: 978-0813814018
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.6 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #493,643 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fundamentals of Ornamental Fish Health 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Each chapter while short in length covers a lot of ground (or rather "water") with a surprisingly large number of references in support of each chapter. The book reads like a textbook with short, concise and yet interestingly informative chapters. By far, the most favored section for the reviewer was the section of Fish Medicine... chapters are supplemented with beautiful pictures... suitable for the practicing veterinary technician as well as veterinary technician students." (Veterinary Information Network, February 2010)
From the Back Cover
Fundamentals of Ornamental Fish Health is a complete guide to managing the health and well-being of ornamental aquatic animals. Grounded in the foundations of fish medical care, the book summarizes nonlethal aquatic diagnostics and medicine, putting the information within a clinical context. Providing a comprehensive overview of the subject, Fundamentals of Ornamental Fish Health equips aquatic animal health professionals with all the information needed to competently and effectively treat these patients, from transporting and examining fish to diagnostic techniques and the identification and treatment of specific diseases and syndromes.
By emphasizing a clinical perspective on fish medicine, the book is an essential tool for providing fish and invertebrate medical care and advice. With chapters written by the leading experts in fish medicine, Fundamentals of Ornamental Fish Health is a must-have reference for any aquatic animal health professional, as well as for veterinarians treating fish patients, veterinary technicians, veterinary and veterinary technician students, and aquarium science students.
- Complete guide to managing the health and well-being of ornamental aquatic animals including discussion on disease prevention through effective biosecurity practices
- Summarizes the knowledge base of nonlethal aquatic diagnostics , medicine, and surgery
- Emphasizes a clinical perspective on fish medicine
- Equips animal health professionals to competently and effectively treat fish patients
- Provides a tool for providing ornamental fish and invertebrate medical care and advice
- Written by the leading experts in fish medicine
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?