Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fundamentals of Western Music Paperback – December 31, 2009
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
"Songwriting is introduced in Chapter 13 as an exercise to consolidate and reinforce what students have learned."
1. Musical Sound: It's Origin and Characteristics
4. Beat, Meter, Rhythm
5. Rhythm (continued)
6. Accidentals and the Chromatic Scale
7. Major Scales and Key Signatures
9. Compound Meter and Rhythm
10. Minor Scales and Keys and Tonality
13. Writing a Song
14. Other Melodic, Harmonic, and Rhythmic Concepts
15. Form and Texture
Appendix A: Syllables for Rhythmic Reading
Appendix B: Syllables for Pitch Reading
Appendix C: Piano Fingering