Fundex Games Marrakech
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Of the world's best strategy games
- Includes game board, 40 wood playing pieces, six sided die, 57 fabric tiles, fabric bags and instructions
- Decision making skills are tested at the highest level
- Age recommended 6 and above
- Fully detailed instructions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The board (Rug Market Square) is a 7x7 matrix. Each player has a collection of carpets (rectangular pieces of fabric that cover two squares), and wooden coins equal to 30 Dirhams. When the game begins, Assam the market owner (the one large wooden playing piece) is placed in the center of the board. The first player positions Assam in the direction she wants Assam to move, and then throws the large, wooden die, which will cause Assam to move in the direction he is facing from 1-4 spaces. When Assam has finished moving, the player lays a carpet down at Assam's feet (vertically or horizontally adjacent to Assam's position in the Rug Market Square). And yes, carpets can be laid on top of other player's carpets.
The game continues this way, players taking turns, positioning Assam, throwing the die, and laying down carpet. If Assam ends his turn standing on another player's rug, that player gets paid one Dirham for every square covered by connecting carpets. When all carpets are laid, the player with the most squares covered, and the most Dirhams collected, wins the game.
Our Tasters (teens, ranging in age from 12-17) couldn't stop playing the game.Read more ›
1) Easy to learn, harder to master
2) Because you don't have to read and understand a bunch of cards or instructions, it works great for the younger players in the house.
3) Because it can be strategic, it can be a great game for just adults.
4) Most board games don't work well as a two player game and a multi player game - this one is great for 2, 3 and 4 players.
The game can be played light and friendly or you can be aggressive and a little nasty, depending on the kind of crowd you play with.
The bits are high quality. The rugs are made of actual cloth with surfaces that interlock very lightly so things don't slide around so easily. Well made. This game should last a long time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game, super fun and the little rugs make it really cute.
Good quality pieces.
Marrakech is a fantastic game for everyone. Beginners can pick it up quickly, and not be frustrated with an overabundance of rules, more advanced players can have fun figuring out... Read morePublished on February 22, 2014 by Hank
It was great to sit down with family for a mostly simple, competitive, but different game. My family including my 7 year old niece really got in to the game. Read morePublished on March 1, 2013 by nickj
This game requires strategy so all levels of players can enjoy the game. Very well done, a family favorite yeah-Published on January 23, 2013 by Marie Thomas