Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on May 13, 2017
I am in the process of starting a community-oriented nonprofit arts center. I have never started a nonprofit before, so I'm brand new to everything. I bought this book after I read The Nonprofit Kit for Dummies, which is a really excellent book. I didn't like Fundraising for Dummies nearly as much. I may like it better once I've had more experience with fundraising, but I think it's a bit over my head as a newbie. They dive right into all of this complicated information about various types of campaigns and wooing donors, and I think I would have appreciated a simple section on fundraising for brand new organizations. Also, it was written in 2009 at the height of the recession and an awful lot of the book is colored by language regarding difficult financial climates. This isn't necessarily bad, but they start right off with this which kind of starts the book on a downer. I'm sure I will refer back to this book in the future, but it's not terribly helpful now.
on April 17, 2017
A very comprehensive, actionable, well-explained overview of various aspects of fundraising. Great for a board member, volunteer, or a new professional to the industry of development.
on May 31, 2016
This is just insulting to professional fundraisers. There are many more effective options by Kay Grace, Ken Burnett, Gene Tempel, Gail Perry, Penelope Burke and many others ...
on April 1, 2017
informative - good guide
on June 5, 2016
needed more information on actual fundraisers and examples of letter to donors, corporate donors and thank you letters
on January 9, 2015
Informative and helpful.
on April 24, 2016
Easy to read. Just in time for my organization's fund raising season.
on March 23, 2007
I really needed this book....a well-organized, concise how-to reference guide for fundraising dummies! It provides essential knowledge and a broad overview of how to organize, how to proceed, and how to avoid problems. I have now ordered several copies for board members. If you are a fundraising novice with limited time or just getting started and want a handy desktop reference, I would strongly recommend this book.
on May 16, 2013
These Dummy books are amazing. They are tools and this is one. This has been great for a quick reference, or to remember something in the recesses of your mind. It is helpful and an at home library book for any novice or seasoned fundraisier.
on January 16, 2016
Very comprehensive and helpful for beginners!