Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on May 15, 2012
5/15/12: I received the black truffles I ordered and am very disappointed with them. They have absolutely no aroma at all and they taste like dirt smells. RIPE truffles have a wonderful, earthy, garlicky, distinct aroma. These were void of any aroma at all. I was really counting on these being ripe when they arrived as I was hosting a dinner party and the menu contained truffle dishes (so I had to completely revise my menu).

I contacted the supplier (which took many attempts) and they said their truffle expert (who is currently traveling back from Italy) would need to address the issue. I am awaiting their response and will finish my review of this product based on their customer service and the end result of the truffles (assuming they finally ripen). For now, I have rated this item 1 star but will upgrade the rating if warranted.

Will update this post when I hear back from the supplier. . . . .

5/16/12: Here's an update. . .
Part 1: After several attempts to contact the supplier (FungusAmongus), I was finally able to get a response after sending an inquiry through their contact webform. FungusAmongus sent me an email and asked that I speak with their truffle expert (name withheld). The expert proceeded to tell me that the product was actually a "summer" truffle and that summer truffles don't have a smell or taste. I know this is absolutely UNTRUE as I have used both summer and winter truffles and both have very distinct and pronounced tastes and aromas (though black winter truffles are "louder"). At any rate, the expert said he would authorize a refund and that I just needed to work out that part with FungusAmongus. So I left several voice mails, email messages, and even tried to contact them through their own contact webform. NO RESPONSE.

Part 2: I contacted Amazon's customer service and within 5 minutes they generated a full refund. PROBLEM SOLVED!

FINALLY: I will never do business with this supplier because their products are very poor, are misrepresented, and their customer service is terrible.

Dear Amazon: thank you SO MUCH for your help in getting this issue resolved and for providing excellent customer service!
22 helpful votes
23 helpful votes
on March 2, 2013
These were the worst. Save your money and just buy a good truffle oil, or splurge on the real thing. These are a complete disaster.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on November 13, 2012
I wanted to make some deviled eggs that had an usually good and different flavor. The truffles made it! I served a lot of people and everyone enjoyed the flavor. I recommend Fungus Among Us. It is a good product at a good price.
1 helpful vote
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.