Furminator Undercoat deShedding Tool
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$5.04 (13%)|
- For Large dogs with long hair: designed especially for dogs that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Removes loose hair: reaches through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair without cutting skin or damaging the topcoat (when used as directed).
- FURejector button: just push the button to release hair with ease.
- Ergonomic handle: for comfortable, easy grooming.
- Guaranteed: guaranteed to work or your money back – see product label for details.
- Packaging: ships in own, easy to open, sustainable packaging.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
FURminator for Dogs Undercoat Deshedding Tool for Dogs
Please read all instructions and FAQs carefully before beginning your grooming. Use the FURminator undercoat deShedding Tool only as directed. Undercoat deShedding is not the same as brushing or combing – it removes loose dead hair from shedding without cutting or damaging the topcoat.
- Removes the loose hair from shedding
- Curved edge for comfortable, effective loose undercoat hair removal
- Reaches through topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and ease of use
- Curved edge – comfortably follows pet's natural shape
- FURejector button to quickly and easily release collected hair
- Teeth remove undercoat hair without damaging topcoat
- Step 1- Undercoat deShedding can be performed at any time on a pet with a completely dry coat, but for best results it is recommended to be performed immediately after washing or drying. FURminator brand's extensive line of grooming products are designed to promote healthy skin and coats in pets, and significantly reduce the amount of hair that is being shed into the house with regular use.
- Step 2- Before using the undercoat deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which you pet’s coat may conceal. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing. In addition, before using the undercoat deShedding tool, remove tangles or mats with FURminator Fur Dematting Tool or Grooming Rake.
- Step 3 - Use the undercoat deShedding tool much like a brush, gently stroking across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth towards the coat. Start from your pet’s head and work your way back, using extra care near the stomach, legs, genitals, and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using fewer long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Although the Skinguard design prevents digging in at edges and helps the undercoat deShedding tool slide over skin, deep or rough brushing can still irritate pet skin, so avoid brushing with excessive pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation discontinue use.
- Step 4- As undercoat hair is collected by your tool, excess hair can be re moved from the teeth of the tool by pushing the FURejector button.
Where should I perform the grooming process?
The undercoat deShedding tool will remove large amounts of loose hair and undercoat, so a location that is easy to clean, such as a tile floor indoors or an outdoor area, makes cleanup more convenient. Most importantly, always choose a location where your pet feels comfortable and safe.
Can the undercoat deShedding tool be used on all pets?
The undercoat deShedding tool may be used on most animals that shed, including dogs, cats, and other pets with an undercoat. The undercoat deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
How often and how long should I use the FURminator undercoat deShedding tool?
For best results, use the FURminator undercoat deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on your pet’s breed, the condition of their coat, and the thickness of the pet’s individual coat. It may be necessary to use the undercoat deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons. FURminator’s grooming edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier while the Skinguard design eliminates digging and allows to tool to glide over most pet skin.
How do I take care of my undercoat deShedding tool?
- Brush your pet before using the undercoat deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth, as well as feel uncomfortable for the pet.
- Be careful not to drop or place the undercoat deShedding tool where it can fall, as it may result in damage to the tool’s teeth
- The deShedding edge can be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap if necessary. Cleaning can reduce the feeling of a dull edge by reducing dander collection on the teeth of the deShedding edge. Dry the undercoat deShedding tool completely before storing.
- The FURminator undercoat deShedding tool has an Edge Guard around the deShedding edge, so the tool does not require a cap when stored. Simply press down the FURejector button and pull towards you to lock the Edge Guard into place, protecting the deShedding edge.
If you live with pets, you live with pet hair. FURminator professional-grade grooming solutions make the pet owner’s home happier by dramatically reducing loose hair from the undercoat. Our deshedding tools, grooming tools and hair solutions offer a grooming regimen catered to any dog or cat. The FURminator undercoat deshedding tool for dogs reduces loose hair from shedding up to 90 percent with regular use and helps keep the coat dirt- and debris-free. The tool is specially designed to reach through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair and undercoat without damaging the topcoat or cutting the skin (when used as directed). The ergonomic handle makes grooming easy, and the FURejector button releases hair with ease. The curved edge conforms to your pet’s natural build and shape for comfort. Use weekly on dogs with double coats. This tool is for small dogs with short hair. Brushing and combing are not the same as undercoat deshedding. FURminator undercoat deshedding tool removes significantly more loose hair than a standard comb. Undercoat deshedding removes most loose hair before your pet has a chance to shed it on the surfaces of your home! Use FURminator pet products for professional-quality, at-home grooming results as part of the FURminator ultimate hair reduction system: brush daily to detangle and smooth fur; Deshed weekly to reduce shed hair; bathe monthly to clean and deodorize; and collect and discard loose hair as needed. FURminator offers a full line of tools, shampoos, conditioners and sprays to make sure you’re equipped for all steps of the grooming process.
Size: Large | Style: Long Hair
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
DakPets Pet Grooming Brush Effectively Reduces Shedding by up to 95% Professional Deshedding Tool for Dogs and Cats
Pet Craft Supply Self-Cleaning Pet Grooming Hair Deshedding Brush Tool Small Dogs Cats Short to Long Hair
MIU COLOR Pet Deshedding Brush, Professional Grooming Tool, Effectively Reduces Shedding by up to 95% for Short Medium and Long Pet Hair
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||DAK Corp||Amazon.com||LOFTEK Direct|
|Item Dimensions||6.75 x 5.50 x 2.50 inches||2.01 x 7.87 x 4.65 inches||5.91 x 4.13 x 2.36 inches||4.92 x 1.57 x 7.87 inches|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This one is designed for short hair dogs and does a great job of getting that undercoat brushed out. I use it a couple times a week now and expect that after shedding season I'll still use it once a week and use the Furminator Curry Comb daily to keep his coat in good shape.
It's easy to use, although I sometimes think these would work better if they had more of horizontal tab handle than a vertical stick handle, but it works just fine, just can be a little awkward if you're brushing your dog on his opposite side.
The hair release button works well, although it occasionally gets stuck, but it's not a huge deal to press it again to get it unstuck.
THIS. STUFF. IS. AWESOME!
As soon as I started rubbing/massaging (this sounds weird!) the shampoo in to his fur, I noticed hair just melting away from him and having hairy palms. The images are just an idea of what came loose during his bath and afterwards. During it, I threw some away before I opted to take a picture for this review and a review for the tubshroom that stopped it from going down my drain. The bath there was a bit more, didn't feel like going through my garbage to get the stuff I threw away. As for the after wards picture of using the FURminator brush; it's really hard to picture how much hair is there. And again, that's stuff that didn't end up blowing away from the wind outside. Not to mention I didn't get to fully brush him as he's still getting used to the new brush and from him spazzing out from it + the bath, think I may brush him a bit too hard at times.
All said and done, I'm totally impressed with these products and will continue to purchase and recommend!
I have tried a few of the less expensive versions of this tool and was sadly disappointed in the amount of hair they would pull from his coat. I received the Furminator today, ripped it straight out of its package and went to work.
Now, keep in mind, this is a dog who has to be bribed with peanut butter for a regular brushing......so it was no surprise I received warning nibbles on my arm when I started in with the deshedder to end all deshedders.
However, entirely worth it when I saw guinea-pig-sized tufts of hair just flying off his back and into the great wide open. SO much hair came off from just a few long strokes that I had to put it in a Hobby Lobby bag to keep it from creating a Tasmanian devil in the backyard. If he would have sat still long enough for me to brush his undercarriage and back haunches, I'm sure that more than just his back fur would be glowing and gleaming now as well.
Bottom line? WORTH every cent, hands down. Don't waste your time with the lesser versions.....you will be sorry, you will be back, and you will end up with this thing anyway.
Top international reviews
This tool has done a remarkable job at helping our Nova shed her winter coat and pull off any loose hairs, and unlike normal bristle brushes (which she prefers to chew on), she is comfortable enough with it to stay put for long enough for us to get a decent amount of loose hair off of her. The instructions do note that it's best to use the tool after a bath, which is true, but I still find it works well if Nova is dry, we just be extra careful not to pull any knots or work one area too much. Another alternative I do sometimes is take Nova outside on a nice day and mist her with the garden hose to get her coat slightly damp, which helps the tool glide more easily.
This is an excellent tool for any dog or cat owner, and the only mark I hold against it is the price. Keep your eyes peeled for sales though, because this tool will go a long way towards reducing hair build up in your house and keeping your pet cool in the summer.
I use it daily... he ( my dog) loves it and I get lots of hair out. Much less found throughout the house ... which is great.
Also his coat is much softer as well