Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 126 reviews
on January 28, 2016
I do like his take on the Runic meanings and correspondences. I started out with this book and still refer to it often.
on June 18, 2015
I purchased this book as a reference and to replace a copy I gave away some time ago. It is a good introduction for someone considering working with the Northern Traditions. That being said, it is important to understand that this is not a book about rune divination nor is it by any means a complete overview of Nordic Magick. This book is an excellent launching point and goes well with Thorsson's other books such as Runelore and The Nine Doors of Midland.
on January 7, 2016
This book is great. It goes into great detail about the meaning of the different runes, and it also includes positions that you can stand in or do that represent the rune (somewhat like yoga positions). I love the history given behind the runes as well.
on August 9, 2017
Couldn't ask for a better book on Rune Magic. Everything is well organized and clearly explained. The only thing that might be able to improve is listing the pronunciations of certain things, but other than that I highly recommend getting this if you're actually interested in starting rune magic. It's a powerful book I love it.
on May 5, 2017
Excellent book for beginners on the subject. Very concise and informative.
on July 1, 2017
GIFT AND THEY LOVE IT !
on July 11, 2017
This is a great book! As a norse pagan you can never have too many books on runes. And this book goes through Galdr too, which was an extra bonus for me!
on February 25, 2015
One of the best interpretations of the Runes. A much more complete view of each rune. Not condensed to a western sound bite. One really has to read each one to grasp the entire use and meaning and Edred Thorsson captures them very well. I've been using this book for many years to help design my Rune Jewelry.... "Raventree Pewter". With great help from this book I weave them until they ring true. Of all my sources this book feels the most on mark.
on April 24, 2017
I recommend this book. I am creating or developing a rune kit, and this is helping me to further understand
the runes.
on July 24, 2012
When I find a book that causes me to think past the normal everyday rut, I love to mark them up with the old yellow marker. Well my copy is well marked so that I can do a bit of meditation on the points. Please Amazon, give us a Kindle version so that we can find information that is needed quickly.
I do not agree with everything written and I would never expect to. Each rune worker should have personal insights on runes so that they can find help and guidance with their current problems. I feel that Mr Thorsson delivers that "push" to help you find your right path.