SINGER Futura CE-250 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine with 2 Hoop Sizes, 100 Sitches, 120 Embroidery Designs, 5 Monogramming Fonts
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- All-in-one sewing and embroidery machine with 100 built-in stitches including six fully automatic one-step buttonholes
- Automatic needle threader and easy top drop-in bobbin system for quick and easy set-up
- Programmable needle up/down and drop feed for free-motion sewing and creative topstitching
- 120 built-in embroidery designs and five built-in fonts perfect for monogramming
- Includes AutoPunch software to convert images to embroidery designs--design file capability automatically reads most embroidery design file formats. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Includes (1) General Purpose Pressure Foot, (1) Buttonhole Foot, (1) Button Sewing Foot, (1) Zipper Foot, (1) Satin Stitch, (1) Blind Hem Foot, (1) Embroidery Foot, Needles, (7) Bobbins, (3) Sewing Bobbins, (3) Embroidery Bobbins and (1) Bobbin In The Machine, Scissors, (3) Screwdrivers - Small, Large And Special, (2) Embroidery Hoops - Large (4 1/2-In x 6 3/4-In) And Small (3 1/8-In x 4 3/4-In), Lint Brush-Seam Ripper, (2) Spool Caps - Small And Large, Thread Guide, Vinyl Bag, USB Cable, Autopunch Software, Windows-Compatible Basic Editing Software For Your Computer, Operational Tutorial DVD, Instruction Manual
From the manufacturer
Founded in 1851, Singer is one of the world’s leading sellers of consumer and artisan sewing machines, and one of the world’s most trusted and recognizable brands. The company has a long history of innovation, having produced, among other breakthroughs, the world’s first portable machine, the first zigzag machine and the first computer-controlled machine.
- Auto tension.
- Audible warning signals.
- Drop feed for free-motion embroidery, machine embroidery, monograms and buttons.
- Three Stay-Bright LED lights make it easier to see your work.
Singer Futura CE-250 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
The worlds of sewing and embroidery blend together in the fully electronic Singer Futura CE250. It is easy to use with an array of convenient features. You'll find six automatic buttonholes, 100 built in stitches, and twin needle control. Embroiderers will find 120 built in embroidery designs, five built in fonts, auto punch software and two embroidery hoops. The small hoop is 3-1/8 inch x 4-3/4 inch. The large hoop is 4-1/2 inch x 6-3/4 inch. This Singer Futura embroidery machine uses a USB cable to connect straight to your computer. No need for conversion boxes or other tools! You get the same capabilities of other machines at a fraction of the cost.
Advanced Features Expand Your Creative Possibilities
Top-loading, jam-proof bobbin system
Clear cover to monitor the bobbin thread supply. The bobbin loads from the top, so it is easy to insert the bobbin. The clear cover makes it convenient to monitor the bobbin thread supply.
Sewing Machine - 100 Built-In Stitch Programs. Includes stretch stitches and hand-look quilting stitch.
Embroidery Machine - 120 Built-In Designs & 5 Fonts
Easy Threading with Built-in Needle Threader
Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, just in seconds. Threading instructions are even printed on the sewing machine. The automatic needle threader is sewing’s biggest timesaver.
- 4 one-step buttonholes. The sides of the buttonhole are sewn the same direction. This prevents gaps in stitching or fabric distortion.
- Exclusive buttonhole underplate sandwiches fabric between a lower plate and the foot. It's like a mini-embroidery hoop. This ensures perfect buttonholes on multiple layers of fabric.
6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes, Adjustable Stitch Length & Width, Twin Needle Control.
- 13 needle positions.
- Push-button stitch selection sets optimal length and width settings. Settings can be changed.
- Twin needle function with auto stitch width adjustment.
- 7mm stitch width.
- Select needle stop position as up or down when the machine stops.
- This includes 120 built-in designs and built-in lettering program with 5 Fonts - Arial Large, Block Large, Courier, Script 2, Times Large. 3-D Realistic View provides a preview of the selected design. Stitches appear on-screen as they'll look when sewn, 3-D Realistic Print will print the 3-D realistic view. Useful when creating placement templates
- Auto-Punch software included. Automatically digitize custom designs using your own images or clip art. You have control over stitch settings.
Needles, Class 15J bobbins, General Purpose Foot (also called zigzag foot), Blindstitch Hem Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Embroidery/darning foot, Special Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Spool Cap (large), Spool Cap (small), Buttonhole Opener/Brush, Screwdriver (large), Screwdriver (small), Screwdriver (special), Manual, Foot control/power cord.
- 2 embroidery hoops included - Large 4-1/2 inch x 6-3/4 inch hoop, Small 3 inch x 4-3/4 inch hoop.
- Change colors for an embroidery design. Software includes thread charts, with color numbers, for many of the most popular brands of embroidery thread.
- 4 optional software packages available - HyperFont, Auto Cross-Stitch, PhotoStitch, Editing.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you are looking for embroidery quality similar to what you can buy on commercially made shirts or hats, you can forget it. It can't do tight lines/features or small text. This machine lacks the positioning accuracy to do that. The best text you can expect which is readable will have to be at least 1/4" high. If you need to do something of good quality, get a commercial unit.
The intermittent problems I have experienced are broken needles and thread jams, both of which are annoying, but it does not happen very often.
Generally the machine itself appeared to be fine and appeared to be quite durable except the other day it seized up - - when manually operating it, you could feel a lot of resistance about half way through the cycle. Ended up removing the end cover where the reciprocating mechanism is located (moves needle up and down) and lubricating all the joints and the sleeve bearings and then it worked normally again. I'm not impressed with Singer anymore. At least Singer is relatively usable for the price. If I had an unlimited budget, I probably would have gotten a Brother or Janome multi-needle machine instead and if this thing jams up again, I just may go that route.
Things I'm not so fond of: the 5 fonts that come with the software are not great. The ones I have purchased through etsy.com and other websites have worked great. I don't think the software is very user friendly but I still can make things work how I want them to. I would love for it to be compatible with my Apple computer, but I don't think it is so I use my husband's PC.
Things I love: Once you learn the machine, it works great. There are so many options available online for embroidery designs and it's only a quick download away. The machine is quick. Makes beautiful stuff and I would recommend this product to my friends.
I am very happy with how easy it was to return it to Amazon and that is one of the reasons I continue to shop at Amazon.com.
Most recent customer reviews
You MUST use a separate computer - windows XP - to use the embroidery feature on this.Read more