Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

La Futura
Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 25, 2012
La Futura was a long time coming; nine years from 2003's Mescalero to the 2012 release of this latest disc. They had released some box sets and at least one very good must-see DVD in "Live from Texas", but the new disc was nearly unexpected. I think that many of us had given up; we hadn't even checked up on 'Top after a few years of airplay silence. It was also not without much trepidation that I purchased the disc (yes; I do hard copies, only) after only hearing one tune on Leno. All too often I have gotten excited about an old-school rocker only to get the disc and get downright depressed; their energy had gone, they were picking at a set of bones so bereft of fresh ideas as to present me with a fairly high-dollar coaster (or BB target, depends upon how bad...) in a nice jewel case with some photo-shopped artwork. Very happily not so with ZZ Top's La Futura. Most of the tunes ooze with the boogie-based gritty and gutsy experiential, no-nonsense energy that Top fixed us up with from the beginning. Not as thick and heavy as Rhythmeen and not as synthesizer stuffed as Eliminator, La Futura has its own energy and mood, as do most ZZ Top discs. There are a couple of surprises in slower, sweeter ballad-like tunes that I didn't think I'd like, until I found them stuck in my head! The bulk is that raunchy boogie that I have come to crave, and this fix was long overdue!
on September 20, 2015
Many people think that Eliminator was ZZ Top at their best and yeah they were great then. Most of their albums since have been just sub par really, although, I am a big fan of Recycler. But La Futura is by far their best since the Eliminator days. I don't think Billy has ever sounded better. His voice sounds deeper and raspier, whether it's age or something he intentionally did, but it's just so much better. The album itself doesn't have one filler on it. Every song is very good and I haven't taken it out of my player since I put it in. They definitely got it right this time. If you're a fan of ZZ Top, you owe it to yourself to get this one. If this were to be their last album, then it would be a perfect way to go out. Excellent.
on January 31, 2018
Put this on the turntable with eliminator and tree hombres gather up your slovenly friends it is time to shoot pool, guzzle beer, belch and pass gas ZZ TOP IS BACK!
on January 22, 2013
I've been listening to these guys for more than forty years and must say that this is one of their better efforts. ZZ Top records always sound like ZZ Top but some seem to "have it" and some don't. This album feels more like it "has it" than not, both in the songwriting and performance departments. Besides, it has been so long since there has been new ZZT anybody who basically likes this band will like this in a big way.
on August 17, 2017
grear Nice road music, gotta love ZZ top
on February 13, 2018
If you like ZZ this is very good.
on August 29, 2014
Good release from a solid blues-rock outfit that has remained unchanged (insofar as membership is concerned) since its inception. That is a rare bird, indeed! While it's not of the caliber of their first 3 releases back in the day, it is a solid CD. Thanks for all the years, guys!
on January 3, 2018
It's ZZ Top :)
on October 12, 2012
I purchased this CD from Amazon out of loyalty to one of my favorite groups. I had read a newspaper review that stated it was good, up to date, but still held on to that singular ZZ style. So I gambled a little and brought it in. I think that three of the tunes were just great and I was glad to see that they gave a nod to La Grange and others with a riff or two. Couple of plaintive songs that were very pleasing. This showed me that ZZ has plenty of stuff left in their pipeline and hopefully they will stay on the scene with even more of this. They proved that you could keep ahead of the curve and still maintain their identity. The bad news is that the CD is stuck in my car stereo and I can't play it or get it out.
Dick Urban Houston Texas