- Actors: Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio
- Format: Multiple Formats, Blu-ray, AC-3, Animated, DTS Surround Sound, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Language: English (DTS 5.1)
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 2
- Studio: 20th Century Fox
- DVD Release Date: December 10, 2013
- Run Time: 286 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 147 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00F77MARM
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #64,223 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Futurama: Volume 8
No enhanced packaging
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Attention, easily brainwashed citizens of Earth! You are now under the control of FUTURAMA(TM) Volume 8 -- the highly animated sci-fi comedy from The Simpsons(TM) creator Matt Groening. Packed with mind-altering, brain-exploding extras not shown on TV, this outrageous collection includes 13 mesmerizing episodes featuring maniac street racers, robot grave robbers, and nerve-wracking nose transplants. You'll watch...you'll laugh... you'll obey. The Hypnotoad commands it!
Top customer reviews
Hopefully this won't be the end of the series and we'll see a renewal of it either on CC or maybe even Fox again. Let's hope for the best but if not then gift yourself with this entertaining series to at least be able to watch the show whenever you want.
So more on topic, this is the final season of the show, showcasing some of the brilliance that made the show worth watching in its finals hours. The final episode ended in a touching manner that I really respected and thought was a nice way to end the series... on a moment that was both happy and sad.
If you are new to the series, you can jump in with this volume and not be lost, but you would be missing out to not see other episodes, and the movies. If you are a series vet, you know what to expect and this volume gives plenty of it.
The end of a respectable series... Quite worth a rent, Netflix, Stream, whatever. Buy it to add, or start, a collection of the series.
This is the last of the show's volumes so of course any Futurama fan is going to want it to see how it all turns out.
The packaging, like the other volumes, is a great design. The artwork and color is a nice addition to the dvd shelf, the only problem is the cover art is so good it beckons a Full Display. Which, lets face it, is an awesome problem to have.
The episodes are brilliant, the commentary is the full flung fun its always been full of nerdy facts, technical tidbits and insight into a lot of the writing and voice work.
For the fourth time, I own the entire dvd collection of Futurama. A weird notion. Speaking of, the Series Finale 'Meanwhile', as it currently stands, is among the better episodes and is certainly on par with the previous (at the time written) Series Finales; The Devils Hands Are Idle Playthings, Into the Wild Green Yonder and Overclockwise.
A bitter sweet addition to the collection to be sure but considering the talent everyone behind this show has, the potential for further stories and its past reluctance to stay dead I'm sure that in the not-so-distant future I will be again buying new volumes of Futurama
Most recent customer reviews
I would have been perfectly content to have it keep going into infinity.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Fox TV > General
- Movies & TV > TV