- File Size: 2223 KB
- Print Length: 137 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Stormcrow Books (February 21, 2015)
- Publication Date: February 21, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00TWD08D0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#11,936 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #30 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- #32 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- #39 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $2.99 (100%)
Future City Blues: a tech noir collection Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
"The Wrong Tom Jacks" by Simon Kewin introduces Simms, a genehunter. In this futuristic world collecting clones of the famous departed is a hobby of the rich. Nevermind that it's illegal. Simms' neural implants help him stay one step ahead of the authorities. That is, until a client hires him to get the DNA of the wrong Tom Jacks.
"Tripler: The Beginning" by Neil Volger explores a brand-new terror: Tripling, the ability of a person to split into three very real versions of him or her self.
Milo James Fowler wraps up the trilogy quite nicely with "Doppleganger's Curse." What is a celebrity to do when her look-alike is trying to kill her? Amanda Forsythe hires Charlie Madison, private investigator.
While each introduces a series, each works very well as a stand-alone story. You won't have to buy the sequels to appreciate the narratives herein. But if you like sci-fi, action or adventure, you will want to.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A trio of tech noir stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat. All extremely well written with great characterization and vivid settings.
I was already a fan of Milo James Fowler's future gumshoe, Charlie Madison. A gruff detective with a good heart. In Doppelgänger's Curse, Madison gets trapped in a tough situation. Fowler never fails to amaze me with how he manages to twist the plot to give us an unexpected ending.
The Wrong Tom Jacks by Simon Kewin features Simms, a technically augmented human who hunts down genetic codes. It's not legal, but Simms can't resist a challenge. A fantastic introduction to this demented future world and left me craving more.
Tripler: The Beginning by Neil Vogler was immensely intense. I loved the idea of people infected with the Tripler virus able to create two copies of themselves but it drives them insane. A huge conspiracy and a government trying unsuccessfully to keep it all under control. The plot is wonderfully twisted and thoroughly hooked me.
A dark and gritty speculative fiction collection that needs to be on your must read list.
All three of the short stories/novellas are well written, with surprisingly strong character development for such limited writing, solid editing/proof reading and interesting and original story lines. All three stories were fast paced and not predictable. Each of the three authors did a great job and I will be looking for further books from them.
Information about these authors and their books is provided after each story. If a reader wants more, he can certainly get it. This is a good read for those who like dark, futuristic sci-fi stories.
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering