Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pool Bar HD
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick New Salon & Spa Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition GNO Shop Now STEM

on December 2, 2011
This is simply the best pool game I have played on an android phone. The gameplay and physics engine seem very precise. The controls work fine. The problem is on a touch phone my fingers are too big but with patience it still worked fine. The speed control does seem very sensitive though. The spin cue ball option where you place the pool cue where you want to hit the cue ball is brilliant. Just like real pool. The AI players are good but can be beat. Word of advice play it on easy if the other levels are too hard for you! Idlf that is still too hard for you then play something else because pool obviously isn't your game.
Now the only real gripe I read about is the 50 MB and you can't move to SD. I agree with that ajd hopefully the developer will change that in the future. As far as the Christian person who downloaded the game and didn't play it just to leave a 1 star review about how offensive the word bar is in the title: Really? I respect people and there beliefs but that seems shamefully malicious to me. I would suggest avoiding the game if it offends you. I dont think a good Christian should go out of their way to make disparaging remarks about anyone or anything.
And as far as the characters looking shady? I don't know what to say to that except its a GAME!
on December 9, 2011
I have a Kindle Fire and I admit that I don't use it primarily for gaming purposes. However, I am occasionally on the lookout for free games to download just to kill some time or whenever I need to take a break from all my reading. When Pool Bar was listed in the free-app-of-the-day, I immediately jumped on it. You see, pool is one of those sports that not many people watch on TV but is extremely fun to play either by yourself or with a group of friends.

What I like so much about this game is its simplicity. I'm not a pool expert so all I want to do is be able to just pick a game type and play. I don't care about all the other settings and whatnot. This of course will disappoint some users who are looking for a more realistic pool simulation. If you are just looking for a pool game that you can just pick up and play, this is perfect! For practicing, I usually just select 2-players and take turns shooting the ball. when I feel ready to take on a computer, then I play 1-player mode. Very simple and addicting.

The graphics are average. It's not the best but I doubt you'll be complaining about it either. There are sound effects such as when you hit the balls but there sadly isn't any soundtracks to the game. Therefore, prepare to open up either Pandora, Tunein Radio or your favorite music tracks prior to playing Pool Bar.

All in all, this was a great free app. For $.99, I would still say it is worth it to anyone looking for a simple pool game that allows you to get right in the action.
on December 2, 2011
Would have given this game 5 stars for being fun...but after seeing phone memory alerts, I had to remove it to have e-mail work. Please fix memory issue and I will be happy to give five stars. Really is a great game.
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2011
Like other reviewers, I couldn't believe that this game can't be moved to external memory. 51MB is way too much to keep on my phone. I had a low memory message as soon as I installed the thing. Played one game, then had to uninstall. Graphics are *very* nice, but I couldn't stand the way it kept telling me to pull the stick back when I had yet to aim. I also did not really see any challenges/championship ladders, which I think makes the important leap from, say, solitaire to a modern video game. Just seemed like playing one game after another...
on December 7, 2014
Although I don't play very many games if at all, this was a decent game and I like it but I probably won't play it much because I'm not a game by any means. Got it for free and you can't go wrong with free.
on December 2, 2011
I really, really wanted to like this game. I love pool games and this one looked good. The graphics are good, the physics seem realistic but there are a couple of things that I saw that just make it unplayable.

First, the controls are really bad. I played this on a Kindle Fire so I can't imagine what it must be like on a phone. On my very first game I was asked to place the cue ball. OK, cue ball placed. I tap "OK", the cue ball moves. I place the cue ball back where I want it, tap "OK" and the cue ball moves again. I tap the "OK" button a dozen times and it does nothing but move the cue ball all over the place. FINALLY after about the 100th tap of frustration, I am finally greeted with a game.

Without going into too much detail I will just say that, to me at least, it is very difficult to get the correct velocity on the stick, you either hit it way to soft or way too hard. It seemed to me that the movement I was using with the pool stick should have sent the cue ball at least 4 feet, instead it went 4 inches and this happened to me a lot! Then I would move the pool stick just slightly faster and the ball would go flying way too fast.

The other thing I found kind of annoying were the camera transitions. I've played a lot of pool games and most of the really good ones perform a slow camera transition from one view angle to another. The transitions in this game were so immediate and pervasive that I actually almost found it dizzying. By the time I would get an idea of what and where I was looking at the camera view would immediately shift again.

Address these issues and I would definitely give it another download, I may even PAY for it. I'm just glad I didn't... this time.
on December 2, 2011
This game looks really great but I had to immediately uninstall it since I'm out of space on my phone and it wouldn't transfer to SD... Unless I missed something. I guess it'll just sit in my Amazon queue until I get a tablet
on July 1, 2014
If I installed it on my new device, It'll probably be uninstalled 5 seconds after. Nothing memorable or unique really to write about especially since it's just doing the same thing over and over again.
on December 10, 2011
The same thought keeps coming to mind... Best Pool Game! But NO Move To SD :-( Great job devs, good solid app that's close to spot on in game play...but I can't believe you didn't expect to get pounded with complaints over 50mb not moving to the SD card.

I think its a better game than some others because the shorter shot line makes it more realistic and the que spin control is fantastic. Really like the stick placement and shot controls. Graphics are fantastic and the controls are much more realistic than many other pool games. Maybe add a little more stick pull back with a bit more speed control of the cue.

I see a really great basic pool game with excellent physics, graphics and overall game play that can built upon nicely with further play enhancements... career, score records, etc.
Top notch game that really does need "Move to SD" as its next priority. Thanks.
on December 3, 2011
I was SO excited about acquiring a POOL game for my KINDLE FIRE for my husband & I to play but after waiting several minutes (15 to 20 maybe) to download the 50 MB it is mostly unresponsive to the touch screen... it says to "Place Cue Ball" which you CAN move around behind the line BUT you can't do anything else! If the other Opponent has the break then at least the balls are spread around but... playing is almost impossible on the FIRE... BOO... BAD... AVOID...