Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 214 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 275 reviews
on April 7, 2016
My young one is 4 months. We started reading this at about 2 months.

The pages are "crinkly" and make noise that really get his attention. Colors are bright, and also get attention as well.

This is also a 'textured' book where your child can touch it, hear the crinkles of the pages, and feel the texture of materials (like the fuzzy bee).

This is one of our favorite ones. Give it a try.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 7, 2006
My son has several of the Roger Priddy "... and Friends" books and he really loves them all. This one is a particular favorite because of its great variety of textures and flaps. The colors are so bright and contrasty, especially the bee on the cover, and that really appeals to the under-1 set.

The dragonfly (with translucent "wings" that the reader can grab) and the beetle (with iridescent blue shells that can be lifted, manipulated, and lovingly gummed) are big hits. And all the "...and Friends" books feature the crinkly-sounding cover that babies can't get enough of. My son even enjoys opening and closing the velcro closure, which makes a fascinating sound all its own!

What I love most about these books is that I can leave them in the crib when my baby sleeps and not worry about having sharp things poking him, or having him choke on a loose part. I've found these books very sturdy and safe. I often wake up to find him already awake, sitting in his crib "reading" them quietly, and as a mother I can tell you that any book that can buy you a few minutes' extra sleep in the morning is worth its weight in platinum.
on November 7, 2012
Perfect for introduction to books. Soft book with lots of fun things to touch on each page. My son loves touching all the different textures. His favorite is the dragonfly with the soft mesh-like wings. He thought they were also nice to suck on! He's older now, 18 mos, but still goes back to that book. He sees a snail or a ladybug in a board book or even just outside - he has to go in and find this book, flip to the page and show me! We would sit for the longest time going back and forth looking at the detail on each page. He was just mesmerized by this book. If it got dirty or too drooled on, easy to wash and I would line dry. My only complaint was the velcro that keeps the book closed. Since we bought this book when he was really small, it was near impossible for him to unvelcro it to open it and he would get very frustrated. But he's past that now and has no trouble opening it. Such a cute book!
on June 21, 2014
Every time I order something from Amazon (which is often) I try to add one of these cloth books to my order for my daughter. She absolutely loves them, they are interactive in many ways (touch, crinkly sounding pages, visually) and they holder her attention well. They are very short books and for good reason, but whether she is read 1 or 5 at a time she is very engaged.
on January 15, 2015
Great long lasting toy. My two daughters played with this thing and we have washed it several time. Older one is 4 and younger one 10 months. It still has not lost its color etc and is in great quality. Bought this 4 years ago and it is still going good.
on February 5, 2008
I was looking for a cloth book for my six-month-old and this one fit the bill perfectly. He loves grabbing and chewing on the pages and likes to pull on the dragonfly and beetle wings. But I'm giving this book a 4-star rating because some of the dark colors faded when I washed it. Yes, I know the tag says Surface Wash Only, but there was no way I was going to let my baby play with it while it still had that strong "factory" smell...

BTW, the spider and fly that are mentioned in previous reviews are no longer part of this book. Maybe they got squashed. ;-P
on September 17, 2010
My daughter is just now starting to pay attention to the things we read her so I was very excited to get this book; especially after reading all the reviews. With it being a soft cloth I knew she wouldnt hurt herself when she pulled it towards her face, with the cover being filled with 'crinkle' I knew she would be drawn in by the noise, and with the pages having things for her to grab (like wings, etc) I knew it would hold her attention a bit longer. Although all of those expectations showed to be true, it really is a cool book, my problem with this cool book is that it fell apart the first time we read it! As soon as she pulled on the butterfly wings the stitching came undone. I just wish that a book designed for babies to look, hold, touch, grab, pull, etc was simply properly constructed for them to do so!! That is THE ONLY reason we want to return it...

I really debated between stars for this rating. The book would have been 4 or 5 stars but because it fell apart I went with the neutral 3 stars
on February 19, 2013
This is an ok book. My little one loves the crinkle page, but that is about it. The book is fairly well thought out, with a variety of textures inside, some floppy wings for the butterfly, beetle and dragon fly. However, the extremely aggressive velcro on the outside made it stick like mad to anything that was accidentally brushed on - and would damage my clothes. We eventually just removed the velcro and the cloth strip used to latch the book shut. Also, I don't know if the person who 'wrote' the book knows much about worms, but fairly certain they don't like to come out and play on sunshiny days..... unless they are into dessication. All that said, my little one LOVES the crinkle page and the color of the front, so it's a go-to car toy and works well.
on July 24, 2015
This book has been well loved by my daughter and remains in good condition. I would have expected it to fall apart by now, but it still looks great.
on June 28, 2015
Love these books for babies. My son loved to look at the animals and he loved the sound and feel of the book. We just hand-wash it to keep it clean. Its durable and the colour does not run. The shipment did take a really long time, almost 1 month. Otherwise the book is a must buy for babies/ small toddlers.