Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fyxation Gates BMX Platform Pedal
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$1.35 (7%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High impact nylon body built to take abuse
- Wide platform for comfort and control
- 9/16" chromoly spindle/axel. Does not fit kids bikes
- Re-buildable loose ball bearings for easy maintenance
- Molded surface pegs for a super grippy ride
- Compatible with most pedal straps and foot retention systems
- Weight: 418 grams (left and right pedal)
- Length: 109mm, Width: 101mm, Depth: 26mm
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Fyxation Gates pedal is a classic BMX style platform pedal made out of high impact nylon and built to take abuse. These pedals work great with most foot retention systems/pedal straps (FRS) on the market.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
overhauled my bike with an extra 50 bucks i had
bought this and a retrospec pursuit bar
bike was stolen within a week
i attribute it to how good it looked
10/10 would buy again
Things I like:
- The width. These easily fit my standard Vans, and they should be wide enough for even the fattest skater shoe if anyone still wears those. This also means that they create an extra large gate with my pedal straps, making it a bit easier to slide my shoe in.
- The grip. The little nubs on these pedals provide a surprisingly solid grip. In fact, I sometimes find myself wishing my shoe slid a little more on these things so it would be easier to adjust my position. If you have been having problems with your shoes sliding too much on your pedals, these should help.
- The seals. I like how tightly the bearing areas are sealed off from the outside. There is only a minimal gap around the threaded peg to allow rotation, and the end caps are tight and flush with the outer pedal surface. My old pedals' end caps fell out easily, allowing dirt inside the bearing area. These pedals seem to be designed to take abuse with minimal maintenance.
What I don't like:
- The width. Yup. This is both a like and dislike. It is great for ease of use, but I have noticed a slightly greater tendency to pedal strike with these. I tend to take sharp turns at a relatively high speed, and although I don't think the width increase from my old pedals to these is extremely noticeable most of the time, it is noticeable when I bang my pedal on the pavement taking a turn that would have been no problem with my old pedals. I am getting used to it, but be aware that these are wide enough to make a difference around curves, especially if you are riding a fixed gear.
They grip well, rough texture works good, and the "pins' help.
They work PERFECTLY with a set of velcro straps.
Nice wide platform, good size to work without straps, if needed.
Overall I really like these, they're a good deal for the price.
These are nice wide platforms, great for any sort of technical riding. I ride standing for the most part, similar to a BMX; and these give a nice, stable base.
I wanted straps for my fixed gear, and these fit most standard straps.
The pedals have a good weight to them. Very durable feeling, and so far, they haven't broken in any way. (probably have about 200 miles of street riding with these so far) I've broken cheap plastic pedals before, and I doubt that's going to be a problem with this set.