Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 312 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 407 reviews
on May 23, 2013
I have been living with psoriasis for twenty years. After reading this book I have found the cure; Stay away from GLUTEN! I had been hearing a lot about gluten on the talk show, The View, and decided to read Elisabeth's book. Thank you SO MUCH for writing this book. I had no idea that gluten has been added to so many things we eat and drink. I do not have celiacs disease but I have been overloaded with gluten to the point that my skin was telling me that something was wrong. I knew it had to be food related when my skin cleared up after a thorough cleanse in preparation for a colonoscopy a few years ago. Little did I know that this one ingredient was the culprit. I recommend this book to everyone. You just might find help for yourself and your entire family. Too much gluten can cause a multitude of problems.
on March 2, 2014
When I was first diagnosed with a gluten allergy, after many years of wondering why I was sick all the time, I was overwhelmed. Eliminate gluten from my diet? Permanently? I asked a friend who had been diagnosed five years earlier for help in navigating the wealth of information available. She immediately recommended this book. I was skeptical, as I don't usually agree with Hasselbeck's political views, but they are not on display here. Just good, basic, introductory information to help with the transition from gluten-filled to gluten-free.

The chapters on cross-contamination, what to do when dining out at restaurants or at events like weddings and holiday parties were especially helpful. You'll need to find other resources for diet plans and recipes if needed; this is a weak area. I found her writing to be clear and conversational, like a girlfriend dishing dirt over a cup of coffee. "The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide" is as good a place as any to begin understanding how to thrive without gluten.
on June 26, 2014
I've been gluten free now for some time, though I don't have Celiac, that I know of anyway.
This book was lent to me by an elder friend, and though I found the first part of it - the research and such - to be helpful, the fanatacism that creeps in began losing my interest.
That being said, if you're new to the gluten-free world, this is the fourth copy I've bought for friends and relatives with the caveat I've given, above.
on June 24, 2013
Thank you Elisabeth for doing so much of the foot work and research for us. I am recommending this book to many friends . . . and strangers . . . as a responsible and earnest effort to bring this simple "cure" of so many symptoms of ill-health, to light. To think that taking ONE thing out of my diet has eliminated 5 or 6 MAJOR physical complaints some subtle psychological complaints, is just wonderful. I only wish I had followed advice much earlier.
Can't force folks to think that one thing out of their diet can change their entire life . . . people need to really want to get well and feel good. When they do . . . this little book is a great little guide with full support and help from Dr Peter Green, who specializes in Gluten free health. I recommend this easy little book. Clear and uncomplicated. ~
on September 6, 2015
Whether celiac diagnosed or just curious about gluten, this book is informative and easy to read. Packed with information, references, and tips in a conversational tone that keeps your interest.
on June 17, 2017
My daughter because of health reasons has to be Gluten free, this book has been very helpful. Thanks
on March 16, 2012
I have learned so much about being gluten sensitive from Elizabeth Hasselbeck's book The G Free Diet. I am calling companies all the time to find out if their products are GF, like Elisabeth suggests in her book. The reps are understanding and quick to get an answer back to me. Elizabeth tells me what I can and cannot eat and the crisis we are in America with so many of our doctors being so unaware of the numerous illnesses patients can suffer for years with being gluten sensitive. I've lost 16 pounds in less than 3 months. My constant battle of bloating and extremely offensive gas are over. I have an appointment soon to see a gastrointerologist to learn about irritable bowel syndrome to help me with chronic constipation.
The GF diet has helped in many ways, but now severe leg cramps have increased due to low sodium. I was tested negative this week for peripheral artery disease, that's good. Until I see the GI MD I'm to increase the sodium and limit all liquids to 8 glasses/day. I'm used to 72 oz of just water/day, not including juice, milk, or coffee. My constipation is back, so I called the company who makes my stool softner tabs if they're gluten free.
Elizabeth has a great lists of references in her book, I have so much to learn.
on December 10, 2010
Recently we learned that one of the grandchildren needed to be on a gluten free diet or suffer the embarrassing consequences for life.

Elizabeth's book was clear and beautifully written for ALL family members to use and understand. It is extremely hard for a young teen to learn that most of the yummy family foods will be off his list. With the information given, and guidelines......recipes........etc he has a whole new idea about who he is and how to manage. Cooking has always intriqued him, and now he's using "his" book to new adventures in the kitchen. Celiac has become an open discussion choice at his school and maybe, just maybe it will help others to recognize and correct their problem with less embarrassment. Most importantly he knows he's NOT ALONE in this battle.
on April 7, 2012
This book is a great beginner book for anyone dealing with Celiacs, gluten intolerance or a wheat allergy.
Having been a big fan ofElizabeth when she was on Survivor I was drawn to this book. I was recently diagnosed with Non-Celiacs Gluten Intolerance and have decided with my doctor that a gluten free diet is the way to go. I was looking for a handbook to get me started and this was it. Lacking (in a good way) a lot of the medical jargon found in other books on Celiacs this book was easy to read and helpful. I did find a lot of the advice to be trite and obvious but I am fairly well read especially on matters of food. For someone who has never even heard of Celiacs then she touches on all of the necessary points. Fortunately for Celiacs and others with gluten intolerance the food world has made huge strides since this book was published. It is due for an updated edition but is still a great resource for anyone looking for moreinformation on the topic.
on February 27, 2017
Excellent, engaging, easy to read book on going G free!