Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
G.I. JOE: Field Manual Volume 1 Paperback – September 11, 2012
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is artistic reference here- it's not a graphic novel by any means.
A few observations...
- all main vehicles & weapons from the 1st season are here.
- character sketches include just about everyone who appeared in the 1st season, including minor bit characters.
- Dusty's name here is Ronald W. Tadur. In the cartoon series he's called "Dusty Rudat"- his last name flipped around. An artist named Ron Rudat contributes.
- the Dreadnoks' real names here are Tom Winken (Torch), Dick Blinken (Buzzer), and Harry Nod (Ripper). Tom, Dick and Harry!
- character pages often have memorable quotes, some from the backs of the actual 80's G.I. Joe toys.
- we even get the lyrics to "Cold Slither".
These are black & white model sheets for the hit 80's cartoon series- This is mainly for artists & art enthusiasts. People looking for a regular comicbook or story will definitely need to look elsewhere. I like it!
The only thing lacking is background material on the characters themselves. I think a great companion book to have is "The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe 1982-1994: Identification and Price Guide" by Mark Bellomo. It has a number of very insightful quotes from Larry Hama regarding his concepts of the characters versus their usage in the comics and cartoon.