Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack
|Inside Pockets||Utility Pocket|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 100% Denier heavy-duty material with DuPont Teflon coating
- Black tactical range backpack
- Internal (honey comb) frame for rigidity
- Triple stitched molle webbing System
- Visual I.D. Storage System
- 1000 denier polyester with Teflon coating
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Tactical Range Backpack:
The GPS TACTICAL Range Backpack is free standing and is ideal for hands-free transport to and from the range. The backpack features 3 separate removable pistol storage cases. These pistol cases are padded and offer storage space for 1 pistol and 4 magazines each. The rigid honeycomb frame of the backpack along with the lockable YKK zippers ensure that your stored pistols remain secure. The Tactical Range Backpack is also equipped with a Visual I.D. Storage System clearly marked pockets for ear plugs, shooting safety glasses, shooting targets, ear muffs, tools, and more. This backpack includes a waterproof pull out rain cover to help keep its contents dry during rainy weather. The front pocket unzips to drop flat to offer a working surface at the range. A chest strap and padded waist belt help ensure load stability on your back. The Tactical Range Backpack is designed to provide hands-free, secure transport for your pistols, ammunition, and accessories to the range.
- Includes 3 removable pistol storage cases, each holds 1 pistol and 4 magazines
- Equipped with a Visual I.D. Storage System to quickly identify storage location
- Backpack is equipped with a chest strap and padded waist belt to ensure load stability
- Includes a waterproof rain cover to help keep contents dry in rainy weather
- 1000D polyester exterior treated with DuPont Teflon fabric protectant; features MOLLE webbing
The G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack has three internal handgun storage cases with magazine storage. Features four outside zippered pockets for ammo and other accessories. Black.
- Item model number : 301214-P
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : June 14, 2013
- Manufacturer : Sportsman Supply Inc.
- ASIN : B00DECLNCK
Best Sellers Rank:
#67,374 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #141 in Tactical Backpacks
- Customer Reviews:
WARNING - This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethyl-hexyl) phthalate (DEHP) and Lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.c
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
HPP Enterprises does not provide support. When contacted, HPP Enterprises said that they were not responsible and to, "contact the manufacturer". GPS (the manufacturer) does not deal with consumers and HPP Enterprises failed to provide the distributor they use to purchase from GPS.
Overall: a poorly made product and dismal product support.
First: the positives:
Construction is incredibly high quality. This thing looks like it could last 20 years. Compartments are labelled for all you OCD folks out there.
The Negatives (Really just one negative, but it's a deal breaker for me)
I have to ask, what pistols was this actually made for? I tried fitting the following three handguns in:
Glock 19, with 3 magazines. Had to fight to get the handgun in, but it did zip up fine, albeit very bulged on the sides
Ruger Mark IV .22 - I really had to fight to fit this thing in the handgun sleeve as well. Obviously the magazines are only about 3/8s of an inch thick so they didn't really mess with anything
Double stack .45 with 2 magazines - this one I managed to fit in, but had a bear of a time zipping up the case, and once in, absolutely couldn't fit it back in the bag with the overstuffed glock and other gun.
The Glock 19 is a small gun. This isn't a hand cannon here, it's a CCW gun! The Ruger is a .22 with a 4 inch barrel. I will admit my double stack .45 is pretty darn wide, but the other two are on the small end of autoloaders by far. If I have to fight to fit a compact glock into this thing, I don't know what I'd do with a full size model like a 21 or a 17.
I'm unfortunately returning this because while it's built incredibly well, it just doesn't fit anything. If you're running around with a trio of pocket guns, you may love this, but anything bigger and you should look elsewhere.
The MOLLE straps really add to the bag. I strapped on some Tactical Tailor modular packs to keep my lunch, Leatherman MUT, water bottle, spare mags and extra shotshells within a quick grasp.
The 3 pistol cases are top notch. Of note, you won't fit anything bigger than a Glock 34 or 5" 1911 in them. Pistol cases have enough room to store a pistol with an RMR mounted too.
Stitching is high grade. The top rear has velcro to mount your id tag or some morale patches.
Only negative: I don't think this bag really needs a padded waist strap. It's not a ruck and you are not going to hump this pack long range into the outback. The padded shoulder straps are all this bag needs.
- Looks and feels sturdy.
- Several compartments for smalls things and trinkets.
- Looks nice.
- Molle's if your into and utilize these.
- Only the compartment that holds the pistols cases is lockable via the interlocking dual zippers. All other zippers on the bag are slotted and will NOT support any type of locking device.
- Suporrts only one pair of shooting glasses.
- Not made to support regular size ear protection only the small squishy ones.
- Not designed for bulky items. Can't put your holster belt inside, if you do, you are taking out your ammo in order to fit.
- Designed soley to carry a single shooters stuff.
- Not designed for the serious shooters or competition shooters.
- The "Tall" version is pretty much the same with an extra gun pouche, same limitations as above and higher price.
- Sending back as it is disappointing and I was really looking forward to owning this but simply not functional for my needs.
Top reviews from other countries
Cons: The top compartment is two small sections that do not have the ability to become one big section if desired. The molle straps are in the "door" and outside of zippered compartments where I wanted them above and behind the compartments. Look and you will understand.
Biggest con: The waist belt should be removable. Seriously, I have to cut a $200 bag to use it? It is mostly unnecessary and most would remove it, for those who need to be hiking to a range...well they can put it back on.