YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 118 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on October 20, 2009
G-Shock watches speak for themselves. My last G-shock unfortunately had a broken strap and since it was purchased in Japan, good luck with finding parts for it. I would agree with another reviewer that the "adjust" button is harder to press, but that's probably because Casio doesn't want you to accidentally hit that button. All the other 3 buttons protrude a bit more, and you don't have to use your nails to push down. The back lit is blue, and it's easy to read. Overall you can't complain about the build quality of the watch. The strap feels extremely comfortable, and the watch doesn't feel bulky at all. I have a pretty thin wrist and it fits me pretty well.
on August 25, 2013
I was looking for a G-Shock because I knew they were tough, waterproof (sorry, 'resistant') and dependable. I also knew that they were in many cases bulky and heavy. Coming across this watch I realised I could have a compromise, but I didn't fully appreciate how great a watch I was purchasing until it arrived.

First of all, it looks even better than in the photos you'll find online. I have quite thin wrists, so a big watch looks out of place and slightly gaudy on me. The understated badassery of this watch is something that is best conveyed in person, so take the plunge! I'm a big fan of the minimalist design, and I really like the fact that this watch will never clash with anything I'm wearing. That makes it versatile, and an easy choice for any combination of clothes from gym wear to formal.

The majority of negative reviews on this product are people whinging about not being able to see the time... If you have eyes in your head, you will have no issues reading the face. I like the fact that the face isn't viewable to others, to the point where the face looks all but blacked out from a distance. I also like that the numbers are light on dark, rather than vice-versa. The functionality isn't impaired at all, so don't be put off by complaints from a myopic few.

I've never bothered to write a review for a product before, but I felt compelled to in this case just on the chance that there was someone still umming and ahhing about the watch. Buy this bad boy and try to go a day of wearing it (outside you hermit) without a compliment or a jealous glance!
on June 11, 2014
This is a special edition of the beloved 5600 series model of G Shock watches. I love everything about this watch, all the features, and the classic look to it is also super nice. The black board with copper lettering is also very nice with the small inconvenience of it not being very visible at times. Specially under poor lighting or if sunlight is shinning right on the watch itself, it causes a strong glare and mixed with the black board it can make it for a blurred rendering of the lettering. Outside of that, this watch will be with you until the bitter end.
on October 3, 2009
This is a good looking watch and it is tough enough that you don't have to worry about breaking it while wearing it. After using it for a while I do not have a problem pushing the buttons, but it does take some practice. The face is black with red letters as it appears in the picture. The backlight is not red as it says in the description, it is blue. The light isn't too bright, but it would still be better if it was a red light.
on February 14, 2015
After reading many reviews i decided to purchase this watch. I read reviews on everything before I decide to pull the trigger and buy a product. This is the first review that I have ever written.
I was researching g-shock watches and was having trouble finding one that had a smaller face. I can't stand the big faced watches that everyone wears now. This watch is the perfect size, not too big or too small. I have gotten a few compliments on how well the watch looks with the black-on-black look. This watch is nice enough to be worn for any occasion. As far as the negative about not being able to see the time at certain angles, I think its a non issue. If you want to see the time, then turn your wrist and the problem is solved. To me, its a complete no issue. The other problem that people had was that the buttons are hard to press. I will agree that they are harder to press than other watches, but again I think its a non issue. The strap is also very comfortable.
The only negative I would have is that sometimes the screws on the back of the watch will catch some arm hair.
I would buy this watch again in a heartbeat if I were to misplace this one.
on August 4, 2013
Pros:
Great conservative dark theme
Awesome digital layout and easy to understand functions
Display not visible to others all the time (not a con, it's a stealth type watch)

Cons
Buttons are a little too small and hard to press at times

This watch rocks and is prefect with my ACU's. You army guys will love this watch.
Try to enable the hour beeping function so you don't lose it for days like I did!
on June 28, 2013
The watch looks even better in person then online. Easy to use watch. I purchased this with the intention to wear with my military uniform and I'm sure it will look great. Haven't had it for long but it looks and feels very high quality. I like how the adjust button doesn't protrude like the other 3, avoids accidental adjustments.
on May 20, 2011
I really like this watch but as the title suggests the display is dark. There is definitely some practicality to the darker, inverted color display. Since the darker the display the darker the entire profile of the watch as a whole. There is also the "cool" factor of the display. However, it was hard for me to read in some situations when the lighting was not even that low. So I had to constantly use the light to see any information I wanted off the watch. For some this may be a deal breaker.

Luckily I still find the watch to be great. The band is heartier than the GWM counterpart. It's a modestly sized watch which looks good, is durable and has great functionality.

I would recommend this watch as long as you don't mind hitting the light button a little more often.
on August 28, 2010
From a guy who always hated wearing watches: this is the perfect watch. Lightweight, manly, not clunky, sturdy, it does it all and doesn't need to scream it. I crawled through sand a dozen times with this telling me the time, It lasted me through basic training and I still wear it as if it where new. This watch will outlast whatever you can throw at it and manage to look good the whole time.
on July 3, 2015
Great watch, but one month later, the screen is fogged up on the inside for lack of a better description? Nearly unreadable now. Will be contacting customer service and asking for a replacement or refund.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.