Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 125 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 145 reviews
on January 19, 2016
As a fan of many g-shock watches, this one is very cool. It has a dark, "negative" dial like many other g-shocks. However, the digits on the dial of this one have a reddish-tint to them (it is supposed to be a military 'stealth' model after all). The reddish digits give it even more of a stealth look than normal for a negative dial watch. The buttons are a shiny black, which is a nice touch. And the strap is wider than on other g-shock "square" watches of similar case size. All-in-all, a very cool watch and a good value! This one does have a battery that will need to be replaced every 2-3 years or so, but well worth it if you don't mind doing that.
on February 14, 2015
After reading many reviews i decided to purchase this watch. I read reviews on everything before I decide to pull the trigger and buy a product. This is the first review that I have ever written.
I was researching g-shock watches and was having trouble finding one that had a smaller face. I can't stand the big faced watches that everyone wears now. This watch is the perfect size, not too big or too small. I have gotten a few compliments on how well the watch looks with the black-on-black look. This watch is nice enough to be worn for any occasion. As far as the negative about not being able to see the time at certain angles, I think its a non issue. If you want to see the time, then turn your wrist and the problem is solved. To me, its a complete no issue. The other problem that people had was that the buttons are hard to press. I will agree that they are harder to press than other watches, but again I think its a non issue. The strap is also very comfortable.
The only negative I would have is that sometimes the screws on the back of the watch will catch some arm hair.
I would buy this watch again in a heartbeat if I were to misplace this one.
on July 24, 2016
I absolutely love this watch!! Sturdy and can take a beating. It's been through everything with me from mud runs, swims, snowy days, 6 years in the military, desert sun, climbing mountains, etc. Mine eventually crapped out because the screen fell inside of itself when i hit the watch against a truck when I was working on it (a corner caught of a metal frame hit it right center on the screen, freak accident). Had to buy it again! It's not for everyone because of its dark letters for at times it can be tough to read. For me and for what i was doing it was perfect and as for the dimness of the text you kind of get used to it. 10/10 would recommend.
on April 1, 2017
The watch is beauty I like the matte black & black with orange screen this is not easy to read in low light conditions but I was know about that when I order it anyway I like , the metal box in the picture is not the box that I receive ,my watch coming with a regular cardboard box with the warranty papers & instructions
The watch is made in china & not a Japan product but anyway is a good classic g shock watch
on June 11, 2014
This is a special edition of the beloved 5600 series model of G Shock watches. I love everything about this watch, all the features, and the classic look to it is also super nice. The black board with copper lettering is also very nice with the small inconvenience of it not being very visible at times. Specially under poor lighting or if sunlight is shinning right on the watch itself, it causes a strong glare and mixed with the black board it can make it for a blurred rendering of the lettering. Outside of that, this watch will be with you until the bitter end.
on June 28, 2013
The watch looks even better in person then online. Easy to use watch. I purchased this with the intention to wear with my military uniform and I'm sure it will look great. Haven't had it for long but it looks and feels very high quality. I like how the adjust button doesn't protrude like the other 3, avoids accidental adjustments.
on May 17, 2015
Watch is very durable and reliable. Had this watch for a few years now and it has survived a lot of training and outdoors this far. The g-shock name is starting to wear away but everything has held up. Will definitely keep with this brand in the future. Not to large as well unlike most other g shocks, this one is low profile.
on March 22, 2017
I had read that the display was hard to read, but isn't that the idea of "subdued" It is easy to read in light of any kind, even for my old eyes. It is not as large as some g-shocks and the subdued look is what I like about it most.
on May 2, 2016
I'm not sure if it's a design flaw or what but the 'Adjust' button is recessed pretty badly. At first i thought it was done purposely so that you wouldn't accidentally be hitting the button from time to time. Now i'm starting to think it's a flaw which is pretty frustrating based on the price watch goes for.

I attached a photo that shows the upper-left button barely visible relative to the lower left.

Update:
Turns out the button is designed like that. I'm not happy about it but still a pretty cool watch. However overpriced at $90
review image
on October 30, 2016
Unable to see the time. Numbers are too dark to read at night, even with backlight turned on. Useless.

In daytime, or indoors with lights on, you might be able to see the time if you looked at the watch long enough.

Possibly useful if you're located near the equator, at noon, on a cloudless day, with the bright sun directly overhead.

This is the worst product, dollar for dollar, I've ever seen from Casio. I can't believe anyone would own this as an actual watch.

I'm a big Casio watch fan. But I had to return this ridiculous watch.

It's just pointless and stupid.