Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
|Price:||$39.61 + $4.64 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB)
- Cas Latency:9
- Model number: F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
- Compatible with Intel Z68/P67/P55 and AMD AM3/Llano/AM3+ platforms Optimized 1.5V low voltage Intel XMP certified
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
|Shipping||$4.64||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Ace Micros||MemoryC||Amazon.com||JF3 Technology|
|Capacity||Information not provided||Information not provided||8 GB||Information not provided|
|Number of Items||2||2||2||2|
|Memory Storage Capacity||8 GB||8 GB||4 GB||4 GB|
|Memory Clock Speed||1333 MHz||1866 MHz||1600 MHz||1600 MHz|
|Ram Memory Technology||DDR3 SDRAM||DDR3 SDRAM||DDR3 1600||DDR3 SDRAM|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I haven't gotten around to overclocking these sticks but from what I've heard this Sniper RAM has better overclocking potential than the RipJaws. So, if you want to overclock your RAM then I'd suggest that you go with these.
Plus the design of the heat spreader is also quite good. It looks like a rifle and it reminded me of those army play sets we grew with as kids that had those plastic assault rifles with them. Not to mention, the color scheme is quite subtle and it would look good in your windowed case no matter what colors you have around.
P.S: These babies gave me a rating of 7.8 on Windows 7 Experience Index. Win!!
4gb x 2 because 8gb of ram (on dual channel) is the "sweet spot" for RAM. anything less and you will have decreased performance. and anything higher will only cost you more but with performance boost not worth the money. I got the 1600mhz because anything higher was too costly for ma small % of performance increase. And as I said it was the cheapest and was on discount! looks awesome too.
PS: Both sticks are working without issue and the description is correct.
1) I never got a chance to install all four sticks of RAM. The reason I didn't install all four sticks of RAM on the motherboard was because of the height of the RAM in relation to the CPU cooler. I had purchased a Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm Shuriken Rev. B. This is a fairly low profile cooler, but it appeared to have enough clearance at first. I needed a low profile CPU cooler because my case is so small (Thermaltake Lanparty Lite). So I installed 1 stick of RAM in the bank closest to the CPU cooler, then installed the CPU Cooler. The very edge of the heat pipes was crushing the RAM. I quickly uninstalled everything, and inspected the RAM stick underneath the heat pipes. It didn't get mangled, but it was pretty badly scratched up. No return on that one it looked like. I moved that stick over one slot and it fit just fine. I then installed its mate in the other bank. Then I proceeded to booting on 8GB RAM instead of 16GB RAM.
2) With only only two sticks installed on the motherboard(ASUS M5A88-M), I plugged everything in and fired it up. The lights on the motherboard came on, the power supply spun up, but nothing else happened other than the RAM light flashing red on the motherboard. Turned out, the motherboard did not like the RAM at all. Luckily, the ASUS M5A88-M came with a button to change the RAM settings. I hit the button and rebooted, same thing. I did this three more times. The board apparently found some settings it could live with and it booted right up.Read more ›
It's working great so far, and installed with no trouble.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
16GB for 100 bucks was a steal for me at the time, best decision I made with my gift card. Still don't have to care about how many tabs I have open.Published 5 months ago by JP
Its been in my custom built desktop over a year and still is going strong despite a thousand or more Wattage hours of usage.Published 7 months ago by Drew
Been running this Ram at stock clocks for over a year, works perfectly. Package came without any damage.Published 8 months ago by Devin
G.Skill's 'warranty' effectively covers nothing and their customer service is the worst. Inform yourself by reading the complaints on the Better Business Bureau website that... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Nobody
It worked with my total of a 16b upgrade via 4 channels. Not EXACTLY the same model but I have noticed zero issues thus far.Published 14 months ago by Warren