G-Saviour - The Movie
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Nice mecha designs and the CG looked good.
2) Good (but too brief) battle scene towards the end.
1) Wooden characters. Ironic that the the first 3D version of Gundam would have such 1D characters. Besides the Mecha, Gundam has always had great characters and this movie had none.
2) Slow pacing. It takes way to long to get to the big Mecha battle at the end and then its over much too quickly.
1) This should have been a Japanese production. In Western hands it just came out unimaginative and boring. It happened with Godzilla (which luckily is back in Japanese hands) and its happened here with Gundam.
In a collaboration with Sunrise, Inc. and Polestar Television, "G-SAVIOUR THE MOVIE" was released.
With a budget of nearly $9 million, the film would combine live action with CGI with the majority of the film in live action.
The film would take place in the Universal Century 223, way past the storyline of the anime series and there is no mention of Gundam in this film.
If anything, this film could be seen as one of those films you would catch on the Sci-Fi channel and realize that it has mecha and kick back and enjoy it.
I know this film is not accepted by Gundam fans, not accepted by Gundam co-creator Tomino Yoshiyuki but being the sci-fi fan that I am, I wanted to give this film the benefit of the doubt.
The film revolves around CONSENT (Congress of Settlement Nations) officer Mark Curran and one night, his ship was infiltrated by some unknown group who are looking for some type of lab samples. A gun fight ensues and CONSENT military led by Lt. Colonel Jack Halle (Curran's rival) ends up killing some of the people of this group.
Mark Curran then does his investigation and through interrogation, realizes that this group were actually scientists who were after something in the lab that would lead to the benefit of mankind.Read more ›
As for the seller I couldn't be more pleased. It arrived fast and is in excellent condition.
If you�re a fan of the various Gundam series, your time is better spent watching something like The 08th MS Team or Gundam 0080. Both of these are much more engrossing.
If you�re a sci-fi fan, this is probably B-movie grade, at best. The special effects are good, but not worth sitting through the rest of the movie to get to.
Unless you get a real good price, this movie is probably worth watching, but not worth owning.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I had heard about this movie, but never ran into it to see. I finally found it here and decided to drop the cash. The movie isn't bad. Read morePublished on August 14, 2013 by Bendimus Prime
This is a B-movie, so just get over the idea its a great film. Once you get past that, the acting and script are about what you expect ... not terrible but not great. Read morePublished on December 4, 2012 by Steven Merriman
Like what was tried with a few other anime/manga live action American movies(Guyver I/II) this was made using the Gundam universe with live actors, while it would at worst feel... Read morePublished on August 20, 2012 by Rich(アニメとゲームが優先!!)
G Saviour was meant to be an iconic first in the Gundam universe: A live-action feature film to mark the franchise's 20th anniversary. Read morePublished on July 17, 2012 by Moviedude
For those who don't know, the title is a reference to the Gundamn! @ MAHQ podcast review of this movie. Read morePublished on May 21, 2011 by Kay One
I would like to point those reading this review back up to the top of the page and ask them to look at the title of this product. Read morePublished on February 20, 2010 by Glen
You gotta hand it to `em, they try. But what do western filmmakers know about Japanese cartoons? Judging from this movie, a low-budget live-action adaptation of the "Mobile Suit... Read morePublished on August 3, 2008 by J. Sherman
I was ,overall, disappointed by this film. The plot should have been more detailed. If you look at any of the episodes of the gundam series you will see that they all have... Read morePublished on December 25, 2006 by M. El
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Foreign Films
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > TV Series