Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on June 25, 2015
I have alot of fancy watches but this is my first G-Shock. I wanted something casual, something that I could bang around while bangin' around. This was perfect!
review image
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 22, 2016
I have grip of G-Shocks, several in this style-my only complaint, and it's a big one, is the light. Or should I say 'lack of light'. If you only want to see the analogue hands then great, it works just fine. The light for the digital numbers is absent all together. Four stars for the lack of light. But, that said, of all the GS watches I have in this style, it is the easiest digital read out of the lot.
Looks great. It's light. Love the color and it's comfortable.
G-Shock, please fix this issue!!!!
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 11, 2017
I'm giving it 3 stars because I discovered about it's functionality which was a big disappointment. This is not my first multi function watch with stopwatch which I use constantly for timing myself for specific exercises. The watch looks great and gets +5 stars. But the functionality of screen and four buttons gets -5 stars (not even 0). The entire watch core function is displayed through 1/5 of the watch screen, which are the two little LCD screens at bottom left and right. The rest of the watch 4/5 of screen is just a decor. Also the four buttons are not setup to be intuitive, (to be similar like 99% of other similar watches) they are very user hostile, i.e., Start/Stop and Reset of the Stop Watch. Also the amber dim light just barely lights up the screen and keeps the core LCD screens pitch dark, so it is useless in dark to see date, seconds, set or view alarm, use Timer or Stopwatch functions. I missed in my research to download and read the user manual, I would have made a wiser decision.

If you are just for the looks and don't care about stopwatch or date, then it is a good watch, but if you want best of both worlds it is a definitely a poorly designed watch.
on July 8, 2015
This watch is borderline on a 5-star rating, so I feel bad only giving it 4. I've been a Timex Ironman user for many years, but I'm tired of those watches breaking after a short time. Their quality has done nothing but go down hill, in my opinion. This is the first G-Shock that I've owned, so there are some differences to get used to. Overall, the quality of construction feels better than my old Timex watches. I like the buttons and the band. The chimes and beeps are satisfyingly different - feels like a more modern tone instead of the classic beep, if that makes any sense at all. The light works well to illuminate the hands, but it would be nice if you could see the digital screens, too. It seems like the hands should have glow-in-the-dark spots too, not just the hour markers. I haven't figured out the "snooze" alarm yet - I thought it'd keep going off every 10 minutes unless you hit a button during the alarm tones, but that doesn't seem to be the case - it just kept going off every 10 minutes for an hour or more. The other alarms only go off once. I'd prefer something in the middle - maybe all alarms go off twice if no button presses interrupt the alarm. Still, I'm being nit-picky a bit. Overall, I like the style, fit, and look of the watch. Now I'm just hoping it has the durability to outlast a battery or three.
on March 3, 2015
This is a large Casio (exactly what I wanted) but extremely light and comfortable to wear. It's layout is very "balanced" and one of the reasons I purchased it. The analog hands are EASY to read (without glasses) for anyone that requires reading glasses. The off-white (ice) color is a perfect complement to those who already own white, colored, or black sport watches like this. It will receive a ton of compliments....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for looks, performance, and great value!
on September 23, 2015
I love this watch and would recommend it to anyone that is thinking about getting one. Not only do I get compliments on it from people at work but in all walks of life. It is easy to use, stylish, sporty and durable. It's great whether you're just working out or at a formal function like a wedding. I have a few watches but this is my go to and a fantastic watch for daily use.
review image
on April 4, 2015
I am really happy with this watch. I have been trying out watches for some time and finally came to realize how hard I am on them. The G-Shock is clearly a very durable and high performing watch. I expect it to last a long time.

The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five was for the design. If you look closely you will see that there are times when the minute and hour hands will obscure the digital numbers behind it. The vast majority of the time, this is not a problem. It did become a pain when I was taking myself through a spinning (bicycle) routine, which means I was changing the routine every minute or so. When the minute hand was around 35 and 40, it was really difficult to see the stopwatch numbers.

I will not use the stopwatch function in this way very often, so it should not be bad for me. If you are going to use the stopwatch, timer or any of the digital functions a lot, you should think about another watch where the readouts will not be obscured as much
Overall: Operates as expected. Good usability, comfort, and durability. Main negative: no phosphorescent markers on hands, so can't read in the dark without using LED light, but this was a known deficiency before my purchase.
Size: Comfortable watch. I clasp the band at the 7th furthest of the 11 holes. Size of watch face works for me, but I don't think it would be comfortable if my wrist was much smaller.
Functions: Fairly intuitive for me, which can be a problem on any feature-rich watch (only 4 control buttons). Do wish that the alarm included a vibration option.
Design: Buttons are easy to use; slight recess protects and prevents inadvertent activation. Strange that watch has phosphorescent markers every 5 minutes, but no phosphorescence on hands, so cannot read in the dark without activating the light. LCD displays are also not lighted or backlighted, so unreadable in the dark even when the light is activated, although not an issue for me.
Quality: Watch feels substantial and well protected; only time will tell if it is as durable as it seems.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 23, 2015
I had been looking for an everyday watch for a long time. It had to be comfortable, able to take an occasional bump, and sharp looking. Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! Casio has put together a watch that does it all. It has the capability to be in use all of the day. It will count down, remind you to do something and keep accurate. It's the Swiss army knife of watches!! The price at Amazon is right. This is a great gift for a grad.
on July 27, 2015
I have been wanting a G-Shock watch for awhile now. I have tried on a few different styles and was not a huge fan of the way they looked on my wrist and and how they fit so I was a little hesitant on purchasing one. However, when I saw this "Ice Gray" color I was very impressed. When I took the watch out of the box I was shocked at how nice the watch looked in person. The "Ice Gray" looks sooooo good! I thought I would like the watch, but I love the watch! I wear it all the time!! It fits great and it looks amazing! I would definitely recommend this watch to anyone else. You will not be disappointed.