Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on November 8, 2013
I am annoyed. While browsing Casio's website I spotted this watch an bought it for two reasons - first, I wanted the cloth wrist band (which is great) and second, I saw the lower LCD windows had white lettering. And there's the rub. That appears to be photoshopped by Casio. As others have noted on similar models of this watch style, the lower LCD windows are a black background with a gray - NOT - white letter/numbering. The black/gray makes them virtually impossible to read in low light, and even in normal light, at certain angles, you can't see the display very well. Overall, I still like the watch, and I've decided to keep it despite what amounts to what I feel is false advertising by Casio for making those lower LCD displays look much brighter than they actually are.

Now if Casio did make this watch with white alpha/numerals down below, this would be a kick-posterior watch. I am annoyed enough that I think I will complain to them. Who knows - maybe somebody will listen. And one more addition would have made this watch 'perfect' at least for me - if it were an atomic watch.

On the strap - I also own a G-Shock pathfinder with the plastic strap. This cloth strap is great, actually one of the best cloth straps on a watch I've owned - it's very comfortable and doesn't have that sticky/icky feel plastic does. Any more G-Shocks in my future - the cloth strap is a must have.
on May 27, 2015
Nothing new in this review but confirming what others have pointed out...

The good: high build quality and finish. Capable watch with good features. The cloth strap is surprisingly comfortable and prefer it to the most plastic ones. It will require washing.

The bad: As others have noted, it is not a watch that shines in low light. First, the active illumination when you press the button looks like 1950's technology and only illuminates the face (hands and print) and may double as a night light (it is pretty bright). The digital readouts are not illuminated so they remain black-ed out. Second, passive illumination: it is one of the most bizarre product things I have ever seen. CASIO went to the trouble of painting the hour markers on the face of the watch with fluorescent paint but did not paint the hour and minute hands. So, you have nicely illuminated dots (hour markers) and the rest is all dark. Makes you wonder what's going on over at CASIO.

CASIO's promotional photo is misleading because the digital reads are not as bright as the picture suggests, as noted by others.

Watch band is rather long. Being a cloth strap it is not too awkward, but looks like they put enough length to get it around a snow jacket.

Conclusion: great daylight watch. Hard to find an analogue-like (clock hands) G-Shock with great looks and very easy to see in any day light. If nighttime practicality is important, either seeing simply the time without having to press a button, or wanting to set alarms, timer, stopwatch, etc. in the dark/low light this watch won't cut it. Had CASIO paid any attention to nighttime use, this watch would have been superb.
on June 6, 2014
but not without flaws.

My biggest complaint is the nighttime viewing.

Why would they not put any glow-paint on the hands. There glowing elements on the hour marks around the dial, but what does that accomplish without having anything glowing on the hands? That makes it impossible to check the time without hitting the light. Why put glow-paint on the dial, but none on the hands? Also, the digital elements on the face are completely unusable in dark conditions. The light does not make them at all visible.

Good daytime watch, but falls short after sunset.

In hindsight, I should have spent a little more and got a Luminox...or spent half the cost on a Timex with Indiglo.
on January 15, 2014
OK, just to be fair, this is a great watch, but the dial is quite large and "thick"...just want to be up front about that. The functions of this watch or really great, and fairly easy to setup with the included guide. Just don't throw it away, because I'm not sure you can figure it out without it.
on September 30, 2014
I have always purchased G-shock watches since my first one about 10 years ago. This was a gift for my husband and he loves it. The quality is representative of the great standard that you can expect from the brand.
on January 2, 2015
Meets expectations and more
on August 28, 2014
This is the best G Shock I have ever owned, any I have owned them for 30 yrs. Very functional and great looks.
on November 30, 2014
This product has been amazing. I have just recently completed Basic Combat Training with the watch on and it performed and held up and met all the standards that i expected. I would recommend this watch to anyone and i would buy the watch again if i had to.
on March 30, 2015
Great watch, rugged yet stylish accurate timing. .prefect for those, like me, who forget to adjust clocks while traveling as this one adjust automatically via atomic clock signal... big plus. .. recharges itself via solar/light
on October 11, 2014
The watch is great! I bought a rubber watch band to replace the cloth one because it's hard to get clean. I workout a lot and I like to wear my watch all the time. Because it is cloth, it absorbs the sweat instead of disbanding it. In my opinion, buy a rubber watch band with this or a g-shock that doesn't have a cloth band.

This watch could be a little lower in price, but looks very professional. I am a Marine Corps poolee and needed a nice watch to always inform me of the time. It is complicated at first, but you'll be more familiar with it as time passes. My fellow poolees joke around with me about how the watch weighs me down. Supposedly pull-ups should be impossible if I have my G-Shock on, but they are not! The watch looks bulky, but weighs a small amount more than a normal size Casio watch. Some Accessories for this watch are a tad high in price, but I guess you're buying it for the g-shock name. Great product overall, maybe drop it down to $70 or around that ball park.