Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: G-Shock GLS-8900-9 GLS-Winter G-Lide Classic Series Men's Stylish Watch - Yellow / One Size
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on June 10, 2014
You know, being such a good looking guy has it's draw backs. I previously had to use wooden sticks or a broom to shoo away all the single women throwing themselves at me. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty sweet but I am happily married and apparently my wedding band on my left hand just doesn't get noticed when I'm out. So i got this totally sweet yellow G-Shock to draw the attention left hand and subsequently to my wedding band. I previously had the GS-100B series of Analog/Digital G-shock watch but it just wasn't cutting it as far as the attention go-getter and decided to go with something different. The GLS-8900 is a nice piece. The face is approximately the same width of the GS-100 at around 50mm so it is a fairly wide face, with bright yellow throughout. The buttons are easy to press now since I have a free hand when not wielding a stick. The illuminator on the front is nice for low-light conditions on those romantic dinner dates with the wife. The reverse LCD black filter is probably the only major drawback on the watch, but if you are directly staring at it, you can read the time just fine to realize the amount of time that has gone by without any single women incidents. In worldtime mode: does not have "UTC" label, which is kinda important when I'm traveling the world on awesome adventures, but does have London which is the same timezone. Setting the home time is a bit more complicated than before as you must know your delta from UTC..but it's a simple task. Overall great watch purchase.
on June 3, 2014
I have 5 g shock and love all of them. I this g shock is great. Some people complained about the screen being too dark and not able to see the number, but i dont have that problem. Very happy with this g shock.
on August 26, 2015
Very nice watch. Well made. My main use of this watch is time and date. The digital numbers even see better in the sun. It's bluetooh. Haah who care. I love it and wear it for the weekend play time.
on April 24, 2014
I ordered this watch because I started running and training. I don't regret it at all.

Some folks have complained about the backlighting, but I'm having no problems with it. In dim settings, it is still somewhat visible, but if not, the illumination on this watch is amazing.

No cons here. I recommend this watch for anyone who lives an active lifestyle and needs to keep time.

I will update again in the future with comments about durability.
on May 30, 2014
i bought this as a gift for my brother...his favorite color is yellow. It is a little bit darker yellow than what I expected but it still looks pretty. great size... they say the time is hard to see because of the black background, I don't see that as a problem. I love Baby G and I own 3, and I know G-shock is also great... Don't think twice, buy it!
on May 15, 2014
Incredible watch! I've had several compliments on it and it does everything advertised. It also has a neat feature where the bezil lights up when you turn your wrist to see the time.
on June 29, 2014
Works just fine. The instructions booklet does not have all the instruction, I needed to look in youtube to find out how to use the automatic illumination. Not a problem of the vendor. The watch is beautiful as I expected.
on September 18, 2014
I have gotten several positive comments on this watch. Stylish - rugged and a good overall watch. The band can be a little uncomfortable over time - so I take it off at work. Overall a great watch.
on March 20, 2014
I'm a big fan of the G-SHOCK line. I love the yellow color, the quality of the band, the extensive feature set and the unbeatable durability. The only thing on this particular watch I dislike is the reverse display. The black background is nice, but don't be deceived by the photo in the ad ... the numbers and text are virtually invisible unless you turn on the backlight. There is a nice feature that automatically turns the backlight on when you raise the watch to view the time. But, you have to turn this feature on several times a day as it automatically shuts off after 6 hours to preserve battery life. Why can't I just set it once and go? Or better, allow me to adjust the brightness of the text to my liking? As I write this review in a well lit room, I glanced to see the time and couldn't make it out. Not sure I'll keep this one as this is such a frustrating situation.
on September 18, 2014
the yellow is not as vibrant as I expected. reminds me of mustard color.