|Hard Drive||4 TB Desktop|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
G-Technology G-DRIVE 4TB External Hard Drive with eSATA, USB 2.0, Firewire 400, Firewire 800 Interfaces (0G02213)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4TB Capacity
- 3Gbit eSATA, Firewire 400, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 connectivity
- Integrated heat-sink provides near silent operation and ensures proper cooling for long life and data reliability
- Unique industrial design, compact all aluminum enclosure
- Time Machine Ready!
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item G-Technology G-DRIVE 4TB External Hard Drive with eSATA, USB 2.0, Firewire 400, Firewire 800 Interfaces (0G02213)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Quantum Networks||aSavings|
|Connectivity Technology||usb, firewire||usb, firewire||usb||Wired|
|Digital Storage Capacity||4 TB||4,000 GB||1 TB||—|
|Hard Disk Description||Desktop||External||hfs+||External|
|Hard-Drive Size||4 TB||4,000 GB||1 TB||500 GB|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 2.0||USB 3.0||USB||USB 3.0, USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||5.12 x 9.25 x 1.82 in||1.26 x 5.04 x 7.72 in||3.23 x 5.08 x 0.39 in||5.12 x 3.31 x 0.65 in|
|Item Weight||2.6 lbs||2.44 lbs||5.71 ounces||4.32 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||4 TB||4 GB||1 TB||500|
Professional External Hard Drive. G-DRIVE high-speed interface external storage systems offer the ultimate in flexibility by providing 3Gbit eSATA, FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 via included cable) and USB 2.0 ports. G-DRIVE is the perfect high-performance solution for storage intensive applications including audio/video editing, digital photography, MP3 libraries and high-speed data backup. The system features a fan-less cooling system and the latest technology 7200 RPM SATA II hard drives. G-DRIVE supports professional music production tools including Pro Tools, Logic Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, and many more. G-DRIVE is formatted at the factory HFS+ with Journaling and is Time Machine ready right out of the box. A simple initialization is all it takes to prepare G-DRIVE for use with Windows systems.
Top customer reviews
In short, this drive does everything you imagine it would. Works perfect with both Mac and Windows (if using it for Windows, there is a card directing the user to their website where they can choose their product and receive step-by-step instructions on how to quickly set the drive up for use with Windows, Mac, or both).
Tons and tons of cables included. I'd recommended using the Firewire 800 or eSATA connections.
In summary: I did a great deal of research into which particular drive I should get as my backup, and I concluded this was the best option for the following reasons:
1) Single drive = less risk...(kinda). Yes, you can get G-Raid drives for roughly the same price, but the capacity listed is based on TWO drives in a Raid 0 array. If you're looking for SPEED (which, if you're working directly off the drive, you might prefer), check out the G-Raid line. If you're looking for STABILITY, you run a bit less of a risk when running one drive vs. two (with two drives, you essentially double your chance of a problem, since if either fails, you're in trouble). This is why I leaned towards a single drive solution.
*NOTE: regarding those thinking "why not go for a 4-6 disk external Raid 5 array?" Yes, Raid 5 is a nice ideal between stability, capacity, and speed. It also costs SIGNIFICANTLY more, and in my opinion it's pointless to invest in one (at this point) until Thunderbolt becomes a bit less pricey, since that connection type would be more ideally suited for that kind of setup.
In short, the 4TB G-Drive is a nice balance between cost, capacity, speed, and stability. Strongly recommended.